Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Burgundy pants have been shelved. Bills will wear their blue jersey with white pants being the home team, so I hate to say, but I think we preserve our gold pants for the regular season and they'll go white on white (bleh!)

Ugh! Much prefer the burgundy pants to the white pants. I thought the gold pants were being shelved, though, so not all is bad I suppose.

I didn't realize the burgundy pants were shelved...maybe I did, but I forgot about it. What was the reasoning? The 80th? If any pants should have been shelved it's the white ones. I like both the burgundy pants and the gold ones. Both = classic. The white ones just look odd...maybe it's the two stripe thing on them or something, but they are nowhere near as good as either the gold or burgundy.

I didn't realize the burgundy pants were shelved...maybe I did, but I forgot about it. What was the reasoning? The 80th? If any pants should have been shelved it's the white ones. I like both the burgundy pants and the gold ones. Both = classic. The white ones just look odd...maybe it's the two stripe thing on them or something, but they are nowhere near as good as either the gold or burgundy.

Since Bruce likes the gold pants, we had to get rid of a pair (for this season) because a NFL team may only have 3 pairs per season. The problem is? We shelved the Burgundy pants instead of the White ones, which NOBODY seems to like. Bad decision...

As for what we will wear, it's almost a given we wear white over white, since we never seem to wear gold pants in the preseason.

Guest Spearfeather
I thought I saw a quote from Bruce Allen somewhere that said we'd be wearing gold pants this year. My guess is either white/gold or white/white.

I think this will most likely be the case ...

but,

Buffalo is apparently getting blue pants this year for their white jerseys, so it's possible they could unveil those at home in the pre-season. They did wear white at home during the regular season, at least once last year.

http://www.buddynixon.com/opinion/bills-probably-wearing-blue-pants-this-year-reports-madden-13

Skip to the :19 second mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=z7aJuUFKB-I#t=30s

Since Bruce likes the gold pants, we had to get rid of a pair (for this season) because a NFL team may only have 3 pairs per season. The problem is? We shelved the Burgundy pants instead of the White ones, which NOBODY seems to like. Bad decision...

As for what we will wear, it's almost a given we wear white over white, since we never seem to wear gold pants in the preseason.

Who you callin' a nobody??? :silly:

#whiteonwhite

I think the reason some people hate them is because they get visions of Mark Brunell hobbling to his left and throwing the ball away on a crucial 3rd & 5...

I don't know why people would hate that, the sideline was always wide open during the Brunell years. :silly:

I said it once, and I will say it again, that 2005 Redskins defense just seemed to hit harder when they had on White on White. That six game win streak, I think we had white on white for four of them, it just brings back good times to me.

I do like the white on gold more, but the white on whites just look good to me.

IMO, No defense I've ever seen us trot out, hit harder than the '04 Skins, when we wore like one jersey the entire season :ols:

. Even the playoff teams that we faced that year didn't leave without getting their jersey's torn up/nose bloodied, etc, and that was with a relatively weak pass rush. We just blitzed the hell out of people. I think it came down to the last game when it was decided whether we, Pittsburgh, or Buffalo would have the #1 ranked total D.

Even though that season sucked (because we were pretty much handcuffed on offense), it was really fun watching us play on defense, just suffocating cats week to week.

I said it once, and I will say it again, that 2005 Redskins defense just seemed to hit harder when they had on White on White. That six game win streak, I think we had white on white for four of them, it just brings back good times to me.

I do like the white on gold more, but the white on whites just look good to me.

Actually they won all six with the white ones. It all started with the rams with Portis,Moss and Sean takin there games to a different level during the streak. Good memories that year.

Actually they won all six with the white ones. It all started with the rams with Portis,Moss and Sean takin there games to a different level during the streak. Good memories that year.

That season was so much fun. The DC area was a completely different place during that season. Fake Dallas fans disappeared from the area, loud mouth Eagle fans were quiet, and even Giant fans hushed up. Every place you went in the city, there was Skins flags, magnets on cars, people wearing all types of gear and the tailgating during that win streak was heaven. Those were truly some of my happiest days alive.

That season was so much fun. The DC area was a completely different place during that season. Fake Dallas fans disappeared from the area, loud mouth Eagle fans were quiet, and even Giant fans hushed up. Every place you went in the city, there was Skins flags, magnets on cars, people wearing all types of gear and the tailgating during that win streak was heaven. Those were truly some of my happiest days alive.

I'll never forget the face of one of my Dallas fan friends the next day at school after the 35-7 beatdown. He talked so much **** the week before that I honestly thought he wouldn't show up. All I had to say was "How 'Bout Dem Cowboys." He was absolutely silent :ols:. That was a really fun season.

Dang, you're right. I got the 05 run mixed up with 07.

---------- Post added August-8th-2012 at 11:55 AM ----------

I'll never forget the face of one of my Dallas fan friends the next day at school after the 35-7 beatdown. He talked so much **** the week before that I honestly thought he wouldn't show up. All I had to say was "How 'Bout Dem Cowboys." He was absolutely silent :ols:. That was a really fun season.

:ols: look at our ages and us reminiscing about the 2005 season. It is a crying shame that that was our proudest moment of being Redskins fans. With that being said, we were tearing stuff up on defense.

---------- Post added August-8th-2012 at 11:57 AM ----------

I would like to see us ultimately settle on this:

Home- Burg jersery/Gold pants

Away- White jersey/Burgundy Pants (4 games)

Away - White jersey/Gold pants (4 games)

It should be:

Burg on Gold 6

Burg on White 1

White on Burg 1 (Preferably against Dallas)

Away

Burg on Gold 1 (Dallas)

White on Gold 4

White on White 3