Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I was hoping for a 1962 feather down the helmet and shoulder stripes style. I was thinking that Nike could have made that uniform look sick, but oh well 37 was the first time we drafted a big name Texas QB and we've got a big time Texas QB now so lets go win like they did

That's pretty cool doing that with the helmets. I don't think anybody else has ever done that.

I hope we wear them during a rainy slug it out kind of game, because they definitely have a punch you in the mouth look and would look great with a lot of mud on them.

ept_sports_nfl_experts-331757258-1291576929.jpg?ymipXMEDGcVa12Ht

Jeez. You people are so annoying.

Ugly uniforms are ugly no matter what anniversary it is.

Good think Laron Landry isn't here, Laron don't like ugly.

"Its the 80th anniversary. And you want them to come out with new space age unis? What would be the point of that?"

At least they got the burgundy color right but other than the jersey I too am not overly excited about these. I think the pants could have been a little more 'gold' in color, they look washed out to me. The image someone posted earlier with Sammy Baugh showed that the pants back then looked more gold, brighter, than these.

But as far as honoring the past by just duplicating a former look I think is not very imaginative.Ford, Dodge and Chevy all managed to honor the past and at the same time update the look. Just my opinion but I would have preferred to see a matching burgundy helmet (flat color would have been unique) with a logo (30's to match the sleave, arrow or current (i like the over sized) and a more flattering gold pant.

Nike could have taken ques from the past and made a modern day classic. I think they missed the mark and a golden opportunity.

HTTR

That's pretty cool doing that with the helmets. I don't think anybody else has ever done that.

Last year's Packers' throwbacks (with the blue jerseys) also featured the brown "leather" helmets.

EDIT: Oh, SkinsTerps26, beating me to the punch while the site was slow to load...

Edited by Zzj

:bluesbros::bluesbros::helmet:

Looks like Boston College

It's funny you should mention BC here. Legend has it, when they were the Boston Redskins, some of their equipment and uniform parts were cast-offs from the Boston College program which explains the burgundy and gold color scheme. Back then, college football was far more popular than pro football, then in its formative stages. Same with the Chicago Cardinals, who got some of their equipment from the University of Chicago Maroons, which explains their cherry red and white color scheme.

Talk about being taken to school!!!!!!!!

Edited by jmj086

My best guess; RG3's first home game, and the "homecoming" game versus the Panthers on November 9th.

Weird that they wouldn't plan a total throwback game, wear them when playing the Steelers with their new throwbacks. Never makes sense to me when a game (be it baseball, basketball, hockey, or football) is played where only one of the teams wears a total retro uniform and the other does not. Baseball actually is the one sport where they typically do this, and it makes the most sense.

That's about the 33rd time someone's said they look like FSU uniforms. I think we understand.

You easily get your panties in a bunch when a person(s) unintentionally repeat a statement on an internet forum. I think WE understand. :cool: