On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Mar. 18, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fans unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m/7:30 a.m. daily)

• DATE: December 3, 2013
    • TIME:  5:30 PM 

• Wed., Mar. 19, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fans unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m/7:30 a.m. daily)

• Thu., Mar. 20, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Fri., Mar. 21, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Mon., Mar. 24, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Tue., Mar. 25, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Wed., Mar. 26, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Thu., Mar. 27, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Fri., Mar. 28, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Mon., Mar. 31, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

Photo

Current NFC East Standings Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 Big Weirdo

Big Weirdo

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 10,016 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:57 AM

Week 2 well on it's way. Giants beat the Eagles in a thriller in Philly. Cowboys just totally dominated the Redskins in all phases except for special teams I guess.

*The Eagles lose to NY. Deserved to lose after a major choke job in letting the Giants come back.

*The Giants beat Philly. Good come from behind win. Makes division a lot tighter.

*The Cowboys beat Washington. Just total domination from start to finish.

*The Redskins lose to Dallas. Not sure where this team is right now. Not a good start for them.

Current NFC East Standings:

Cowboys (1-1) (1-0)
Giants (1-1) (1-0)
Eagles (1-1) (0-1)
Redskins (0-2) (0-1)

The second record is record within the division.

Week 3 games:

Philly@SF
NYG@SEA
Wash@Houston

Dallas is on bye.

#2 WeownU

WeownU

The Backup

• Banned
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:48 AM

Both should be pretty good games. I'll be interested to see how Philly plays NY. I've been saying for months I thought Philly was still the class in the division until proved otherwise. Of course it usually falls on deaf ears around here.

#3 Alabama Man

Alabama Man

The Role Player

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:30 AM

Well in my pick'em I do elsewhere I was perfect in predicting the NFC East Standings this week. So it's no surprise for me. This division is not super competive. Like I've maintained all along.

If the Eagles do their thing, they are gonna take it every single year. Eagles ****ed up bad last year and the division falls ass backwards into the laps of someone else.

#4 ntotoro

ntotoro

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 14,150 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:50 AM

NY Giants @ Philly
Redskins @ Cowboys

When was the last time we had two division games in the same week? It was probably in the recent pass and I forgot for some reason.

#5 kingfish50

kingfish50

The Gadget Play

• Banned
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:52 AM

We got our butts kicked last night. Brunnell played a very poor game. Kept throwing out of bounds when he had receivers wide open. He's becoming very one dimensional. Betts showed why he's a second string RB and for the life of me, why didn't they use Duckett? The offensive play calling was vanilla and I didn't see anything that impressed me about Al Saunders. I hope to see a better offensive game plan next week and in the future.
Our defense couldn't get pressure on Brad Johnson. A mediocre RB looked like an All Pro on the field last night. Our secondary couldn't cover a bed sheet and our kicking game needs improvement, especially in the punting dept.
Okay, I've owned up to our loss. No excuses. Even with the two controversial calls by the refs, it wouldn't have meant squat. We play DallASS next week and if we perform the way we did last night, we go 0-2. Hell of a way to start out the year.
I sound like the doom and gloom guy, but I have enough faith in Joe Gibbs to turn this thing around and I expect a much better team on Sunday night.
What's funny about all of this is, look who's in 1st place! Damn philthy! Who'd have thunk, besides the pilthy fans? Lol.

#6 tr1

tr1

Ring of Fame

• Banned
  • 27,636 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:58 AM

I'm picking Philly over the Giants.

All you have to do is pass to LaVar's side when he's on the field. It should turn into a huge play.

The Giant's line should have man-handled the Colts small D-Line. It looked like they moved the ball at will. Penalties killed them. If they don't correct those, Philly will really route them.

#7 Goaldeje

Goaldeje

The Gadget Play

• Members
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:59 AM

I have to admit the Skins defeat was the worst of all the NFC East losses. We should have won that game, even if Minnesota is a sleeper pick. Based on the Philly game, I would say they are the class of the division until you remember that they beat Houston. I just can't get excited about a win against one of the worst defensive teams from last season, and a team with no O-line.

The Giants to me, looked like the best team aside from Philly. I had picked them to finish last in the division, but may have to change that if they keep playing well. Eli still needs to grow up some, but they have the tools to make a good run. Their running game is just phenomenal.

Dallas looked terrific their first two drives, then sucked. Hard to get a good read on them. Though their porous O-line may be just what the Skins D needs!

THe Skins looked bad in 2 out of 3 facets of the game. If we don't pick up our 3rd down defense and special teams coverage quickly, we're gonna have a long season. And red zone conversions. Hell, the Skins looked bad in all facets of the game, though there were plenty of bright spots. Hopefully enough for stupid people to realize that the preseason does indeed mean NOTHING!

#8 Henry

Henry

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 15,243 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:45 AM

I agree that the Skins loss was the worst of the bunch. We lost a home game to an NFC team. That's much worse than losing to a playoff AFC team on the road.

Of the four, I think the Giants look the most dangerous. I still don't like thier bend-but-dont-break style of defense, but they have the most balance on offense and their defense looks like it will fare well against non-elite offenses.

After that, it's tough to say. The Eagles looked good, but against a lousy team. The Cowboys struggled the most, but against the toughest opponent. I think we'll know more in a few weeks.

#9 eagles78

eagles78

The Rookie

• Members
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:13 PM

I am really anticipating the Giants game. I really wanna get that 0-6 taste out of my mouth with a divisional win right off the bat.

#10 NoCalMike

NoCalMike

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 12,631 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:28 PM

The Skins loss was HARDLY the worst loss, maybe emotionally because it was so close to the very end and we had a good chance to tie it at the end but I would say Dallas's loss was the worse, media is all over their nuts, they start out 10-0, then give up 24 unanswered points, and are basically shut out the rest of the game until a late TD in garbage time, Bledsoe with a horrible 3 INT game.........I don't care how "great" they looked for a drive, Minnesota also scored on their opening drive and it didn't translate to them scoring all game long.

But really, at the end of the day, a loss is a loss, IS A LOSS.

#11 Rdskn4Lyf21

Rdskn4Lyf21

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 12,107 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:30 PM

When was the last time we had two division games in the same week? It was probably in the recent pass and I forgot for some reason.

It happens again in week 10.

#12 Jumbo

Jumbo

Ring of Fame

• Moderators
  • 22,476 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:38 PM

Right now, I'd call it:

1. Giants. Excellent D and the superman tiki and (could be the scariest part) Eli lokking like he's maturing. Lost to the most dangerous team.
2. Philly. Like Gibbs, I think these are the guys some NFCE fans tried to go to sleep on after last year but will show their true form. Sure they had a comparatively soft opponent b utMcNabb looks great, Stallworth looks like he will replace TO's value without the drama, the D is tough and the coaching solid.
3. Cowboys. Still early. They could fly upwards quick or continue to struggle. Lost on the road to a good team, but there are the QB issues (I think romoSUCKS is their answer) plus team chemistry (still got a vibe that things are not well there) and the o-line are still suspect.
4. Us. Brunell wasn't the game-loser or even the "big problem" IMO, but he sure wasn't a game winner either. And many knowledgable people said that it will take at least few real games, if not a season, for the Saunders O to settle in, but we don't "feel" we have that "luxury."

More tellingly, our D looked way off last night, even factoring in the significance of Springs being injured and the horrible bad luck of Prioleau getting hurt. The Vikes look better to me, and should be better, than I see in many people's evaluation. We'll see if I'm right about that down the road.

Hall is still suspect, Frost got better and finsished well but still has weak moments. The penalities on ST were pretty much BS, but only a few players on D did well last night. That's not a level we can afford. Even Peyton and the Colts couldn't afford that level of play at home. From the reports I have heard, even the crowd sucked last night. We are at the bottom and that is all we have shown.

We will, however, beat Dallas next week in their house, and it will mainly be our offense looking much better even after just one game, and a two key turnovers by our D.

#13 Cassow

Cassow

The Special Teams Ace

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:48 PM

The Skins loss was HARDLY the worst loss, maybe emotionally because it was so close to the very end and we had a good chance to tie it at the end but I would say Dallas's loss was the worse, media is all over their nuts, they start out 10-0, then give up 24 unanswered points, and are basically shut out the rest of the game until a late TD in garbage time, Bledsoe with a horrible 3 INT game.........I don't care how "great" they looked for a drive, Minnesota also scored on their opening drive and it didn't translate to them scoring all game long.

But really, at the end of the day, a loss is a loss, IS A LOSS.

:doh:

I think the quality of the opponent and the fact that Dallas was on the road should factor juuuuuuuust a little bit into your rationale.

#14 Goaldeje

Goaldeje

The Gadget Play

• Members
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:03 PM

:doh:

I think the quality of the opponent and the fact that Dallas was on the road should factor juuuuuuuust a little bit into your rationale.

Ugggh. Can't believe I'm doing this, but I agree. Jax was a better team than Minny last year. And was projected to be better this year. Plus, Dallas was on the road. I'm not saying Dallas played better than we did (they may very well have, but that's a different discussion), just that our loss hurts worse than theirs. :2cents:

#15 Tom [Giants fan]

Tom [Giants fan]

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 11,713 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:22 PM

I don't think the Giants have a bend but don't break defense. How many teams were able to control the Colts' offense until SD did it? The Colts are an explosive team and the fact that the Giants' D held them to 26 and just over 300 yards I think is actually decent. Thankfully, the Giants don't have to face that offense again. And there are no Peyton's, Marvin's, and Reggie's combined on anyone elses team.

#16 Henry

Henry

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 15,243 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:45 PM

Tom, you guys were 14th in points allowed and 24th in yards allowed last year. That's a defense that does a lot of bending. I didn't see much difference on Sunday. Sure maybe it's because you played the Colts and your defense is now suddenly completely different and we just don't realize it yet, but conceding that possibility I have to say your defense sure looked a lot like it did last year.

#17 Alabama Man

Alabama Man

The Role Player

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:08 PM

']I don't think the Giants have a bend but don't break defense. How many teams were able to control the Colts' offense until SD did it? The Colts are an explosive team and the fact that the Giants' D held them to 26 and just over 300 yards I think is actually decent. Thankfully, the Giants don't have to face that offense again. And there are no Peyton's, Marvin's, and Reggie's combined on anyone elses team.

Yes but everybody and his grandma knew the Colts started to become one dimentional and as the game wore on Coughlin made the adjustment. The Giants had a great matchup in being able to play to their strengths, which is rushing the passer.

I agree with the best smartest analyst ever, Ray Didinger, that the key to this game for the eagles will be to make sure the defense stays honest by running the ball, and not allowing the Giants to pin their ears back and come after McNabb. The defensively line is definatly stronger on the outside then it is on the interior. They are better equipped to do this from last year, now that Westbrook and Buck are in the line up again. I expect Buckhalter to see a larger role in this weeks game, in that respect, tacking it between the tackles.

Remember the last matchup last year, both Buck, Westbrook, and McNabb were all on IR in the second meeting with the giants last year. Pathetic that Mike McMahonm almost lead the team to victory. Now throw in Stallworth and a 2nd tight end who is actually fit to play in this league and I'm feeling a lot better about the matchups this sunday. Not to mention that d-line on the eagles. Stopping Tiki baber will be key. Shockey will most likely be in to block a lot, I don't expect many stats for him.

#18 Chachie

Chachie

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 10,030 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:18 PM

I'm sadly predicting that Washington will be the only 0-2 team in the NFCE after sunday.

#19 tr1

tr1

Ring of Fame

• Banned
  • 27,636 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:20 PM

I'm sadly predicting that Washington will be the only 0-2 team in the NFCE after sunday.

There are two ways at looking at life...the glass is half full and the glass is half empty.

Go ahead, be dangerous, go "half-full" and think 1-1.

You'll be okay. ;)

#20 Goaldeje

Goaldeje

The Gadget Play

• Members
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:31 PM

Chachie, you all right? You seem particularly bummed about the game last night. I'm not exactly encouraged, but I'm not so sure we can't beat the 'Boys. Their O-line might be just what our D needs. We do have to find a way to finish out those drives and convert to TDs, but our offense looked much more consistent than Dallas' did, imo.

TO be honest, I thought Dallas' defense under-achieved against Jax, and I definitely thought our D under-achieved against Minny. I could really see a shootout scenario in Big-D next week. Hopefully it doesn't come down to the kickers!

#21 Jumbo

Jumbo

Ring of Fame

• Moderators
  • 22,476 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:33 PM

I think every advantage you can list goes to Dallas. We will need some really good luck.

#22 WeownU

WeownU

The Backup

• Banned
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:46 PM

I think every advantage you can list goes to Dallas. We will need some really good luck.

You may be right, but if there is one thing I learned from watching these two teams play for the last 30 years is you can throw out every advantage in the book. Something just seems to "happen" in these games that never makes sesnse.

My homerism tells me we will win easily. My head tells me, flip a coin.

#23 CowboysForLife

CowboysForLife

The Field Goal Team

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:22 PM

Jumbo, what do you mean? You can't be serious.

The Redskins DL looked like it was in the Minnesota backfield ALL DAY! Think about the Cowboys OL in there. Bledsoe's going to get hit a lot.

Our DL can't get a pass rush, and you guys should have a lot of time to get to Moss.

Don't think that man, we're both even IMO.

#24 OWUeagleMD

OWUeagleMD

The Bruiser

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:29 PM

The Redskins DL looked like it was in the Minnesota backfield ALL DAY! Think about the Cowboys OL in there. Bledsoe's going to get hit a lot.

Our DL can't get a pass rush, and you guys should have a lot of time to get to Moss.

I thought the Skins defensive line struggled more than any other unit on the field for them last night.

#25 Jumbo

Jumbo

Ring of Fame

• Moderators
  • 22,476 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:05 PM

No, I was serious, but I should have adjusted to say even as it is we have an edge in the running game if CP is healthy and it's prob a wash at FG. I also believe in intangilbes playing nig factors in some games more than others and ours have a history of such. I feel all the pressure is on us and all the attitude/payback/edge is with you.

Now if we pick it up like we should be able to, fine, I'll take our OL of course, but last night they were about as off about as often as yours gets slammed for being. That said, I'm one of those people who give Minn real credit for having the wherewithal to be a real good team this season.

Don't mis-read anything I say as anywhere near "giving up" or going chicken little: I don't have that gene. It's a long season and I fully believ that pretty or ugly we will be in the thick of the division at the end. This is just a cold, hard assessment.

What I expect and what should happen this next week is we do work on our secondary play and adjust pressure schemes using AA & Carter more, focus on our O-line in pass blocking, hopefully step-up our QB decision-making and play-calling, and be more aggressive overall. We had only a handful of guys seeming to be ready to go 100% last night: ARE, Jansen, Marshall, Washington, ST, and Moss come to mind. Now that's what I expect to happen during this work week, but I don't assume it will; I need to be shown. If we do all that, we can match the "A" effort your boys are definitely going to deliver.

romoSUCKS will be ready to go if needed, mark my words. And TO will be BIG. He's dying for this kind of showcase for his personal glory in this new home. Roy will be ready and Glenn will give us fits. Witten is always a problem. Your young D will be looking to pressure Brunell into a bad choice like a $5 hooker in a hurry to clear a grand. We need to be for-real.

#26 Bostic Hog

Bostic Hog

The Backup

• Members
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:27 PM

']I don't think the Giants have a bend but don't break defense. How many teams were able to control the Colts' offense until SD did it? The Colts are an explosive team and the fact that the Giants' D held them to 26 and just over 300 yards I think is actually decent. Thankfully, the Giants don't have to face that offense again. And there are no Peyton's, Marvin's, and Reggie's combined on anyone elses team.

Lets not forget that the Indy offense is minus a VERY potent weapon, named Edggerin James. He really was a key to that offense, and do they really have a competent replacement? I would not be so crazy over the Giants holding them to 26 points.

#27 Big Weirdo

Big Weirdo

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 10,016 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 04:27 PM

I am bumping this.

#28 Sherif

Sherif

Cheerleader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 05:09 PM

Week 2 well on it's way. Giants beat the Eagles in a thriller in Philly. How will the Cowboys and Redskins do? Who's going to be in the cellar tonight?

*The Eagles lose to NY. Deserved to lose after a major choke job in letting the Giants come back.

*The Giants beat Philly. Good come from behind win. Makes division a lot tighter.

Current NFC East Standings:

Giants (1-1) (1-0)
Eagles (1-1) (0-1)
Cowboys (0-1) (0-0)
Redskins (0-1) (0-0)

The second record is record within the division.

Week 2 games:

Redskins @ Cowboys

THE REDSKINS WILL WIN TONIGHT

#29 Sherif

Sherif

Cheerleader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 05:10 PM

Redskins Got This Game Tonight

#30 CowboysForLife

CowboysForLife

The Field Goal Team

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:54 PM

New York (1-1)
Dallas (1-1)
Philadelphia (1-1)
Washington (0-2)

#31 WVUforREDSKINS

WVUforREDSKINS

The Gadget Play

• Banned
  • 3,932 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 02:33 AM

We are only a game out but panic is starting to set in for me. I just looked at our remaining schedule and I looked at the Cowboys remaining schedule. Theirs is much easier than ours. We need to start winning and we need them to get upset.

#32 Big Weirdo

Big Weirdo

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 10,016 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:56 AM

Bump. Updated the standings. Cowboys and Giants on top. Eagles in middle. Redskins in last.