Sign in to follow this  
TK

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH

Recommended Posts

Kenny Omega just defeated Okada in a 2 out 3 falls no time limit match to become the new IWGP WORLD CHAMP. 

 

The match before saw Jericho defeat Naito for the IWGP IC Ttitle  

 

And the other night the CAPS won the Stanley Cup. What a ****in week. :)  

45754367-4D76-4666-8EC3-85D8540CCBDA.jpeg

7354C524-F2E5-4384-9CAF-A323EA328366.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP Nikolai Volkoff and to Grand Master Sexay Brian Christopher (aka Jerry Lawler's kid). No idea what demons Christopher had but suicide is awful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2018 at 10:59 AM, The Evil Genius said:

RIP Nikolai Volkoff and to Grand Master Sexay Brian Christopher (aka Jerry Lawler's kid). No idea what demons Christopher had but suicide is awful. 

 

Damn I didn't know about Christopher :(

 

I remember him being estranged from Lawler (or something like that) way back when.

 

RIP Anvil. Half of the original Hart Foundation, and the 4th of the stable iteration (Owen, Pillman, British Bulldog). Christ. Poor Bret.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

 

Damn I didn't know about Christopher :(

 

I remember him being estranged from Lawler (or something like that) way back when.

 

RIP Anvil. Half of the original Hart Foundation, and the 4th of the stable iteration (Owen, Pillman, British Bulldog). Christ. Poor Bret.

 

I don't think Brian Christopher was ever estranged from Lawler. To be estranged  you would need a relationship in the first place. The story there is basically that Jerry divorced his kids' mom when they were young and had very little to do with them, despite the fact that they lived in either Memphis or Nashville their whole lives. Both kids still worshipped their dad though. Brian became a really good local wrestler. He would have had a huge career in the territory days. Kevin Lawler was too small to be a wrestler. (Frankly, Brian was too, but whatever). He came a referee and office guy. Jerry has admitted that he and Brian were more like friends in the locker room.

 

The whole Brian Christopher story will make you pretty much hate wrestling. He got into it really just to be close with his dad who I've come to accept as just an awful awful person. He got into steroids, because he needed to bulk up to get a job with Vince. Once he was with Vince, he fell into the trap of that locker room and got into drugs. He failed a drug test and got turfed. And he spent the next 15 years working indies trying to get back to the WWE. He had a big enough name to make a living on the indies. But the indies are not really a good place for an addict to spend his life. And now his carny dad is telling everyone that he doesn't believe that it was a suicide, because of course Brian Lawler's final act has to be a "work."

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I loved wrestling, it really is hard going back and watching all that old stuff, knowing the real story (ies) behind it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The old "I was off for 9 months with nothing to do but rehab and work out" body.  Seth came back looked jacked too.

 

Dean always needed to hit the weights more.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, justice98 said:

The old "I was off for 9 months with nothing to do but rehab and work out" body.  Seth came back looked jacked too.

 

Dean always needed to hit the weights more.  

 

I wonder if they test you when you're rehabbing. Hmmmmmmm.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, justice98 said:

The old "I was off for 9 months with nothing to do but rehab and work out" body.  Seth came back looked jacked too.

 

Dean always needed to hit the weights more.  

 

Also it's a requirement to come back with a new hairdo right?

Edited by The Evil Genius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They definitely didn't test HHH when he came back from injury in 2002. Of course, they didn't test anybody ever back then when was wrestling was still fueled by steroids and cocaine and was awesome because of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But watching that return, I was immediately reminded of how lame his brawler moveset is, if he even has one.  

 

Kick, punch, repeat a few times, suicide dive, that dumb bouncing off the ropes clothesline thing, Dirty Deeds.  Go to the pay window. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

They definitely didn't test HHH when he came back from injury in 2002. Of course, they didn't test anybody ever back then when was wrestling was still fueled by steroids and cocaine and was awesome because of it.

 

Wait..you telling me Big Poppa Pump's transformation wasn't natural? ?

 

scott-steiner-e1507802968541.jpg

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you could have merged tag team Scott Steiner with Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner, you would have the perfect pro wrestler.   

 

What was BPP Steiner's best match? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

 

Also it's a requirement to come back with a new hairdo right?

It is if you want to sell merch. I was listening to Jericho's podcast earlier with the Beer City Bruiser & Jericho specifically said every time he comes back he changes his hair style/trunks/tights etc just so they have to make a new action figure of him to keep current & they can't reuse the old previous mold. Depending on the percentage he gets off of them, that's actually a brilliant way to make a constant revenue stream.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, justice98 said:

If you could have merged tag team Scott Steiner with Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner, you would have the perfect pro wrestler.   

 

What was BPP Steiner's best match? 

 

I don't remember one. Hard to move around when you decide to make yourself so swoll you **** quarry rock. He could get down back in the day though. I remember "Big Poppa Pump" more for aesthetic reasons

 

I just remember a bunch of stiff punches and belly to bellies when it came to in ring  stuff

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

 

I don't remember one. Hard to move around when you decide to make yourself so swoll you **** quarry rock. He could get down back in the day though. I remember "Big Poppa Pump" more for aesthetic reasons

 

I just remember a bunch of stiff punches and belly to bellies when it came to in ring  stuff

 

Yeah I barely remember anything other than Big Poppa. And when i was little, I loved him because it was all presentation. Huge bicep kiss, sunglasses, that head chainmail thing, hoochies...i was all in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The early WCW Steiner Brothers were fun. (Edit..these might be WWF days)..

 

200w.webp

 

 

Plus the frankensteiner...

 

giphy.webp

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Love me some psychopath Big Poppa Pump!

Math Professor Steiner was the shizzle. :)

 

 

 

And now, we'll show the math to make it easier to keep up. :)

 

 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the old Steiner action figures. Him and Rick were badasses. Then roids  happened, and he wrestled like a dude underwater with cinder blocks and a pipe organ strapped to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that promo is gold, almost makes me miss wrestling. haven't heard math that confusing since Foxy Brown's verse on Affirmative Action.

 

Used to the love the Steiner Brothers back in the day, pretty sure we almost died trying that frankensteiner as kids

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Steiner Brothers might be my favorite tag team of all time to watch. They had strength, agility, they could outwrestle you.  Steiners vs the Road Warriors was a dream match back in the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.