Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

http://cgi.ebay.com/REDSKINS-SEASON-TICKETS-LOWER-LEVEL_W0QQitemZ150023091993QQihZ005QQcategoryZ16122QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This guy is selling at least two sets. In one auction he mentions he is military and being shipped out to NC.

There is no mention about Obstructed view; however, I beleive they are.

Seller has answered my question concerning obstruction. He says obstruction is minimal and you can see the whole field.

http://cgi.ebay.com/REDSKINS-SEASON-TICKETS-LOWER-LEVEL_W0QQitemZ150023091993QQihZ005QQcategoryZ16122QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This guy is selling at least two sets. In one auction he mentions he is military and being shipped out to NC.

Yeah, section 226 Row 21 is definitely obstructed view. Can't speak to how good or bad the view is, but he's gotta mention it. Way to be on the lookout.

hey homer add "skinsfangreg" to your list. i bought orange parking from the guy on june 30th and he never delivered. not only me, but another buyer also. luckily i paid with my AMEX so i am covered.

check out my profile on ebay for verification

greg nichols, if i ever find you...

Wow you guys are really up on your stuff when it comes to eBay sellers. I was wondering if any of you knew people who did business with a seller by the name of bigbadbd747. I just got 6 tix to the Titans game in sec 442 row 21 and a green parking pass for $500 + 20 for shipping. Won them Thursday evening, they arrived Monday. Dude has a lot of tix to a lot of different games/teams on there, most of which are reasonably priced. Just wondering if anyone had gotten tix from him before and how the experience was.

This is definitely a very helpful thread since the regular season is near and there will be a lot of us looking for tickets everywhere possible, especially on eBay.

Thanks a lot to Mark and every contributors to this thread.

Be aware folks!!

Check out this auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/N-Y-Jets-Washington-Redskins-Tickets-8-19-06_W0QQitemZ260021364158QQihZ016QQcategoryZ16122QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

These are totally counterfit, He states in the decription that the game is this saturday, and that he needs payment rightway since the game is coming up. What a fool, good thing nobody has bid on them yet. I would alert ebay, but not really sure how. It should be done though! The title did state they were from 8/19/96 a few mins ago, but it looks like it has been changed,

Check out this auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/N-Y-Jets-Washington-Redskins-Tickets-8-19-06_W0QQitemZ260021364158QQihZ016QQcategoryZ16122QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

These are totally counterfit, He states in the decription that the game is this saturday, and that he needs payment rightway since the game is coming up. What a fool, good thing nobody has bid on them yet. I would alert ebay, but not really sure how. It should be done though! The title did state they were from 8/19/96 a few mins ago, but it looks like it has been changed,

The game is Saturday, 8/19/06.

Check out this auction

They do look like they could be fake, but other threads on this board say that some tickets (the ones that are printed at the ticket office and not the printer) come without pictures. This may be what those particular tickets look like, so I wouldn't totally write it off.

Thats very true, the seller is from NJ, maybe a player from the Jets gave him the tickets, and doenst want to see them lose to us, so hes selling them. Just thought it looked a little suspect thats all, but those are legit reasons to why they look different!

Seller has answered my question concerning obstruction. He says obstruction is minimal and you can see the whole field.

Good looking out, Martini! This seller is dishonest. Any ticket above Row 18 is limited view at BEST, and his tickets may very well be obstructed view. One of these two phrases are definitely printed on the tickets, and the tickets are definitely sold at a discount by the Redskins. The seller doesn't mention this at all. He also claims his photo was taken in 2005. BS. The photo was taken in 1997 as evidenced by the logo in the middle of the field. The photo was also taken from one of the first half dozen rows, not Row 21 as he implies. The fact that he has a block of six tickets together is more reason to suspect all the seats he has are obstructed view. What a creep.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6611817956&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D6611817956%2B%2B%26fvi%3D1

The seller has confirmed with me what I suspected. The seats are "Obstructed View." I guess he just forgot to mention that in his listing. I feel sorry for the winner of this auction.

Kinda like Danny Boy and his people didn't mention it when they originially sold them....................

I just had an experience last week on Ebay...I love Ebay but this was my first "near miss". I was bidding on 4 upper level season tickets with a green parking pass. Before I bid, I emailed the seller to ask him if paypal and shipping to me via Fed Ex was acceptable, since he stated he was local to the MD area and would meet the winner face to face to exchange cash for tickets and parking pass. He said he's ok with that...I bid, in the last 30 seconds or so I was snipered...ok I lost the auction no big deal. Two days later I get a funny looking second chance email stating the tickets and pass were being made available to me since I was the runner up. Mind you this was just under $3,000. Now he says he wants me to wire the money to him in Orlando. Never stated which four seat numbers they were in the auction by the way...So first I asked what happened to the winner of the auction, did he back out? He never answered the question and said, Yes the tickets are still available. Sends me an Ebay invoice, giving me the wiring instructions...I ponder over this and say, well give me the seat numbers so I can call the ticket office to verify the season ticket holder lives in Orlando. ( in between there he stated he works in FL thats why wire it to there...so what happened to him meeting someone locally in MD I am thinking?) The end of the story...It was a scam, he never got back with me to verify his location of seats in the stadium...(he also stated he needed the money for renovations on his house, his loss is my gain...well if he lived in FL prob had to fly up here sounds like he had money...LOL) So I never wired the 3K. Thank god. I hope no one else fell for this scam. I would have only been protected up to 1,000 I think thru Ebay. Lesson learned, pay attention to all the details and be smart.

I just had an experience last week on Ebay...I love Ebay but this was my first "near miss". I was bidding on 4 upper level season tickets with a green parking pass. Before I bid, I emailed the seller to ask him if paypal and shipping to me via Fed Ex was acceptable, since he stated he was local to the MD area and would meet the winner face to face to exchange cash for tickets and parking pass. He said he's ok with that...I bid, in the last 30 seconds or so I was snipered...ok I lost the auction no big deal. Two days later I get a funny looking second chance email stating the tickets and pass were being made available to me since I was the runner up. Mind you this was just under $3,000. Now he says he wants me to wire the money to him in Orlando. Never stated which four seat numbers they were in the auction by the way...So first I asked what happened to the winner of the auction, did he back out? He never answered the question and said, Yes the tickets are still available. Sends me an Ebay invoice, giving me the wiring instructions...I ponder over this and say, well give me the seat numbers so I can call the ticket office to verify the season ticket holder lives in Orlando. ( in between there he stated he works in FL thats why wire it to there...so what happened to him meeting someone locally in MD I am thinking?) The end of the story...It was a scam, he never got back with me to verify his location of seats in the stadium...(he also stated he needed the money for renovations on his house, his loss is my gain...well if he lived in FL prob had to fly up here sounds like he had money...LOL) So I never wired the 3K. Thank god. I hope no one else fell for this scam. I would have only been protected up to 1,000 I think thru Ebay. Lesson learned, pay attention to all the details and be smart.

Wrong, you wouldn't have been protected AT ALL through eBay, since your transaction was not done through eBay (i.e., eBay would not have received any money from it).

This is a common scam. eBay has a list of all bidders on auctions, and people will target the people that come in second and try and scam them, just like you described. The person from Florida (if that was where he was) was not the person that held the auction.

Kinda like Danny Boy and his people didn't mention it when they originially sold them....................

That is not true. The email we received said they were obstructed view and gave an artist rendition of a typical view. The problem was they sold some seats directly behind pillars that blocked out far more than the picture indicated; also some alledge ticket office personnel mislead them on their specific seats and how much of the field was blocked.

But Danny did advise all up front they were obstructed.

Let's not rewrite history......

Wrong, you wouldn't have been protected AT ALL through eBay, since your transaction was not done through eBay (i.e., eBay would not have received any money from it).

This is a common scam. eBay has a list of all bidders on auctions, and people will target the people that come in second and try and scam them, just like you described. The person from Florida (if that was where he was) was not the person that held the auction.

If it was a legitimate second chance offer from the original seller, the buyer would be insured by up to $250, minus a $25 fee.

That is not true. The email we received said they were obstructed view and gave an artist rendition of a typical view. The problem was they sold some seats directly behind pillars that blocked out far more than the picture indicated; also some alledge ticket office personnel mislead them on their specific seats and how much of the field was blocked.

But Danny did advise all up front they were obstructed.

Let's not rewrite history......

Talk about a distinction without a difference. Okay, if it makes you happy, I'll correct it to say he sold them as obstructed view but lied about the extent of the obstruction. He's still a slimeball.

If it was a legitimate second chance offer from the original seller, the buyer would be insured by up to $250, minus a $25 fee.
Two days later I get a funny looking second chance email stating the tickets and pass were being made available to me since I was the runner up.

That doesn't sound "legitimate" to me, nor do the circumstances he described after getting in contact with this person (emphasis mine above). :logo:

Ha, just the thread I was looking for.

Try this one one for size:

I'm selling some tickets on eBay (and as a disclaimer I will put some seats up later for the first taker in the classified section for Skins fans only, at face value, but I have 3 pairs of tickets for the opener so I'm selling one pair).

The bidding is going well, except one thing makes me nervous.

The oft winning bidder has a -1 feedback rating. Basically, this person won one item, and he never paid for it, according to the feedback.

So speaking of second chances...what do I do if this guy wins and doesn't pay me? It will be too close to the game to out them up for auction again.

I'm selling some tickets on eBay (and as a disclaimer I will put some seats up later for the first taker in the classified section for Skins fans only, at face value, but I have 3 pairs of tickets for the opener so I'm selling one pair).

The oft winning bidder has a -1 feedback rating. Basically, this person won one item, and he never paid for it, according to the feedback.

So speaking of second chances...what do I do if this guy wins and doesn't pay me? It will be too close to the game to out them up for auction again.

I'm not sure what you do if he doesn't pay but I'd certainly take those opener tickets at face value off your hands :D

I'm not sure what you do if he doesn't pay but I'd certainly take those opener tickets at face value off your hands :D

Heh, yeah, I feel I really need to offer someone juts such a deal, since one of the aforementioned pair of tickets for the opener were sold to me at face value, via this site (those I'm actually going to use for myself).

Karma, ya know?

Actually, I'll probably do it for the opener, sometime during the last week of August. They'll be club seats, about 30 yard line, with an orange parking pass. But I don't have 'em yet, so...

Check the classified between the 25th - 30th. If I do get them, and I'm 99% sure I will, it will be first come first serve, with one caveat - you MUST be a Redskins fan.

There is a way to go in there and cancel bids. You could get in there and cancel bids one at a time until you wipe his out, then you can exclude him from bidding on any of your auctions.

I can't remember how to do this. You'd have to research it.

They do look like they could be fake, but other threads on this board say that some tickets (the ones that are printed at the ticket office and not the printer) come without pictures. This may be what those particular tickets look like, so I wouldn't totally write it off.

As a heads up, our season tickets were apparently printed by the ticket office, because we had a last minute seat move (from pretty obstructed to only kind of obstructed) and our tickets look exactly like the tickets pictured in that auction.

Archived