stevenaa

Random Thought Thread

7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Theres really no real reason to continue working unless you truly have an awesome that you love waking up in the morning/evening and going to.

If I'm working anyone its myself with my own business.  That much money no one is telling me when I can take time off or spend time with my kids.

Starts your own business. It doesn't have to really make money if you OWN all of the property within said business and the land/building itself. 

As long as it breaks almost even ( for most businesses ), you can support the business off of interest alone in many circumstances. 

Obviously, meaning the business has a reasonable model/plan and has the potential to be profitable.

• Like 1

Anyone did martial arts or put their kid through MA? 

My kid wants to try it-I think it’s be good for her. The best one so far seems to be jiu jitsu place. One TKD place wants $300 “one time” fee for a uniform. I looked on amazon and even nice ones are $50 tops. Plus they’ll out grow them.

I t hink they’ll be part timers at best at least at the start. Any advice?

They will get you every way they can these days. 

Can't wear the bootleg uniform though. Tough spot to be in for all involved. 

Also find out how much testing is, when it is required, and how often. That can ring up some dollar signs also. 

I'm so old that when I was involved it was very reasonable (probably expensive for the times).  Something like 20 bucks a week for unlimited classes. 

New belts and such cost more but cheap. 

You know what... I'll ask my brother real quick...hopefully. 

On 10/19/2018 at 4:14 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Just thought I'd share that, in case anyone else was wondering if something was up. 

Glad to hear your dad is ok man.  Hang in there broski and prayers/thoughts your way.

• Thanks 1