Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

4 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Nobel prize in medicine seems unfair.

2 guys that won was because of proteins they researched that led to immunotherapy to treat cancer. 

But were they the "lucky" ones that got to research these proteins? A lot of other scientists researched proteins over the years that DIDN'T work. 

The noble prize isn’t perfect. Someone won it for giving people lobotomies. Another guy one it for treating syphillus by giving them malaria. Albert Einstein should have won his for something else and have multiple but whatever. 

Yeah, a lot of people don't realize that Einstein's nobel was for his paper on Brownian motion. He never got one for the special theory of relativity because at the time it could not be conclusively proven, and thus the committee didn't want to risk rewarding a potentially erroneous theory.

15 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Yeah, a lot of people don't realize that Einstein's nobel was for his paper on Brownian motion. He never got one for the special theory of relativity because at the time it could not be conclusively proven, and thus the committee didn't want to risk rewarding a potentially erroneous theory.

I guess in theory they give it to him Posthumously since we finally detected gravity waves.  The dudes name is synonymous with genius, though, so don't think it's necessary.  This doesnt shock me and reminds me if the "everybody knew" speech

7 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I thought it had to do more with world war 2

You probably right tho. I’m no history buff 

I love history.

Hitler helped us win WW2. 

Some of the greatest scientific minds were in Europe in the 1930s. Many of them Jews in germany and they were smart enough or had means to leave Germany. 

Many oeople dont realize that everyone was was trying to develop an atomic bomb. German, Japanese, Russians. Germany suffered a brain drain and we won the race because of resources and all our German refugees. 

Szilard, Bethe, Fermi (his wife), etc.

He received the award while alive. Was it world war 1? I could have sworn it had something to do with politics. 

Regardless of tho. The treating with malaria takes the cake for me cause he was treating patients without their consent. He then went to go work as a nazi. 

Regardless of tho. The treating with malaria takes the cake for me cause he was treating patients without their consent. He then went to go work as a nazi. 

Alright history buffs, y'all read or watch Man in the High Castle?  I've done the wiki on the book, I can't do it after i saw what they were doing in africa mass killing black people like they did the jews.

There's also an alternate history book were south won the civil war.

OT, im glad the kid from Stranger Things doesnt have a collar bone otherwise i would best him senseless with it.  Your making me hate Verizon, kid, and im the only person left that likes Verizon.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

OT, im glad the kid from Stranger Things doesnt have a collar bone otherwise i would best him senseless with it.  Your making me hate Verizon, kid, and im the only person left that likes Verizon.

He's ruining Stranger Things for me.  I'm not going to be able to watch that show anymore without seeing that kid and being annoyed.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Have a heart, y'all. Kids got no neckbones.

I came in here maybe a couple months ago saying the same thing, he's used up his sympathy card with me.  I just want to see him somewhere not be annoying, does that place exist?

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I just want to see him somewhere not be annoying, does that place exist?

Yes.... In a wonderful place where he doesnt do Verizon commercials 

...... And has neckbones 

8 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

I love my wife... but...

she comically can’t hold her alcohol.

she starts dancing, in public places where no one else is dancing. And she’s your typical country-raised, white girl-can’t dance worth a damn. 

Some of us have a little more "dance like no one's watching" in them. 

And some of us are a little more "drive it like you stole it". 

I can personally attest to either of those traits being severely hampered by booze. ?

3 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Some of us have a little more "dance like no one's watching" in them. 

And some of us are a little more "drive it like you stole it". 

I can personally attest to either of those traits being severely hampered by booze. ?

Yes, but my wife reached that point after 2.5 drinks. I probably need to be at 6-8 before the "spirit moves me".

Archived