Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

I don't know how many of you still follow RG3 on twitter/facebook but my man gets straight roasted every time he posts anything.  The amount of burn this guy feels could probably melt a thousand suns.

His most recent post was of him eating some fresh salt bae steak.  One of the posts was literally, "Remember when you used to have a job on Sundays?"

They just savage my dude every chance they get.  Look it up, it's actually quite funny.

At some point people need to start worrying about their own lives, and how pathetic they look, so consumed with other people's lives, years after the fact in many instances. I feel bad for them.

#LolDevils

34 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

At some point people need to start worrying about their own lives, and how pathetic they look, so consumed with other people's lives, years after the fact in many instances. I feel bad for them.

#LolDevils

Is this who we were all along, just waiting to hatch, or did social media create this persistent hateration phenomenon?  I think opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.  But now everyone has a megaphone and a camera linked to the global network in their pocket.  It's a weird, overopinionated world we live in now. 

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Is this who we were all along, just waiting to hatch, or did social media create this persistent hateration phenomenon?  I think opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.  But now everyone has a megaphone and a camera linked to the global network in their pocket.  It's a weird, overopinionated world we live in now. 

Its who we always were.  See 70s/80s public access television, for example.  The internet just gives crazy folks safety in numbers...no matter how awful your position is, social media allows you to find a herd to run with.

6 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

RG3 will be fine. He still has money I'm sure and he seems to care about his girl. I'm sure he is happy 

He had a divorce, right? He probably lost 50% of his money. Unless he got a prenup, but even then he had to have paid out something. 

Just now, Elessar78 said:

He had a divorce, right? He probably lost 50% of his money. Unless he got a prenup, but even then he had to have paid out something. 

And his daughter will take the other half over time.  Trust me. 

I used to check his twitter all the time till he cheated on his wife.  I just don't have the same respect for him anymore.  I have no doubt that he would've been great if not for the knee injury.

My phone screen keeps freezing up, that's why I couldn't be on with you guys during the games last night...I can't even turn it off, gotta take the battery out to restart it...sometimes that fixes it, but it's not working right now:angry:

12 hours ago, STBonecrusher21 said:

Sad man. Thought if his pro career didnt work out he could fall back to Baylor and take some kind of position there. And now that program has been blown up, and rightfully so. 

Who knows whats next. 

He's probably going to do media. Be has a lot of connections plus he's well spoken.

I wish I had the ability no not give a **** about what people think of me

Somebody brought bagels this morning. Coworker came to our office and was standing there as I put cream cheese on my bagel as we were talking.  Fearing judgement, I went light on the cream cheese as he was standing there and then i went back to my desk.

I heard him leave and then I got back up and SMOTHERED that joint, had a bagel with my cream cheese.  :headbang:

5 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Somebody brought bagels this morning. Coworker came to our office and was standing there as I put cream cheese on my bagel as we were talking.  Fearing judgement, I went light on the cream cheese as he was standing there and then i went back to my desk.

I heard him leave and then I got back up and SMOTHERED that joint, had a bagel with my cream cheese.  :headbang:

I do the same thing with salsa/hot sauce/sour cream on my tacos at Mexican restaurants.

Somebody watching, just a light splash and keeping it tidy.  Dining alone or at home, all that sauce and two bites in it looks like an M-80 went off in that taco.

29 minutes ago, youngchew said:

You gotta embrace it. I've earned several eating related nicknames from the past two jobs. 

The Furnace: because I just was constantly eating and never gained weight. But that was in my 20s. Now, close to 40, it's more of a struggle to keep pounds off.

But I do admit, when I'm around the kids or parents I coach I try to eat fruit or salad. But as soon as I drive away, I'm at the drive thru ordering large fries and a milkshake. haha

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

It's who certain people were all along.  Before the internet and social media, there were still plenty of haters, they were just limited in the ways they could express hate.  Whether it be through letters to the players/team, calling into the local radio station, heckling outside of a facility, hotel, etc., going up to them at restaurants and starting crap, etc.  

Now, they can do it from the comfort of anywhere with a phone via social media (Facebook, Twitter, forum boards, emails, etc.) and unless they make threats, be anonymous and suffer no consequences.   I do believe there were haters in the past that were lazy and wouldn't take the time to spread their hate, so the social media age we live in today has allowed them to participate with almost zero effort, so it's more widespread than ever before.  

I've been telling my wife/friends/family for years, as much as I love the internet and what it allows us to do, it's also ruined a lot and done a lot of damage over time.  I love being able to jump online on a PS4 and play a video game against another real person from where ever, or jump on and play with my friends and family that don't live close to me.  I love getting online and basically never have to go shopping for anything (if I didn't want to) again.  

But there is just as many bad/horrible things, maybe more, than the good things.  Like online bullying, children literally (unless they are not allowed on social media by parents) have no where to hide, no safe place and with cameras/recorders on phones and photoshop, it allows bullies to take it to extreme levels.  It's allowed morons/idiots like the "cash me outside, how bout dat" girl to become a millionaire because of the amount of followers/ad revenue it generates off youtube clicks, etc.  

Parents have to worry about online predators trying to reach their children.  It's made us lazy because everything can be obtained online now (as I mentioned above).  It's allowed us to become TV/movie junkies with binge watching entire seasons of shows in a weekend, thus not going outside, etc. (not all of us, just an example).  It's killed businesses (video rental, music stores, etc.) and forced others to change their entire model (if you don't have an online shop, you can bet your competitor does).  

It's nearly destroyed fun hobbies for kids/people like card collecting, comic book collecting.  You can mass order online and if you want to order specific cards that you need for a set or want.  I remember riding my bike to the gas station when I was 8-9 years old, buying baseball cards, riding back home, opening them up with the hope of finding that one special card/player.  Or riding my bike to the book store the day the new comic books were released to snag my favorites up before some other kid did.  You can still do that, but it's becoming a lot harder to do so.  

I posted Sat. that I took Tazette out to buy some Pokemon cards.  I wanted her to get that experience of finding them in the store, buying them, then opening them up in hopes to find one or two special cards in the set.  I sat back and watched her open every pack and enjoyed the look on her face when she did get a special card, the excitement, etc.  

You're exactly right, Taze.  I couldn't imagine my goofy self in HS with today's tech...I'd get shredded! :(  That's awesome about the Pokemon cards, tho...glad stuff like that is coming back.  I couldn't believe it when I realized that there were kids who were actually reading 400-page Harry Potter books a decade ago, and I don't like the "tablet" thing.  There's something about actually turning pages...am I crazy?:ols:

4 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Daggone it Taze...

Pokemon ? 

I think they still make sports cards. 

:cheers:

I know man, I don't get all the craze for Pokemon.  But when she came home with 7 cards her friend gave her, all excited, and I then found out that half the kids in her class (boys and girls) were collecting and trading them with each other, I knew I had to encourage and support it.  

And even though we keep her active with Tae Kwon Do, swim lessons and gymnastics, its nice to see her doing a hobby that doesn't involve any electronics (tv, computer, etc.).  And just watching her right before she would open a pack, she would look at it and say stuff like, "This is the one, I just know it!".  

22 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

You're exactly right, Taze.  I couldn't imagine my goofy self in HS with today's tech...I'd get shredded! :(  That's awesome about the Pokemon cards, tho...glad stuff like that is coming back.  I couldn't believe it when I realized that there were kids who were actually reading 400-page Harry Potter books a decade ago, and I don't like the "tablet" thing.  There's something about actually turning pages...am I crazy?:ols:

Not crazy at all, I don't like reading on tablets either, or a kindle.  I want a book, with pages to turn.  Luckily, she reads real books.  They still take them to the school library and have them check out books from there every 2 weeks.  Also, she is required to read 80 minutes a week as part of her schoolwork and a parent sign off on it.  She usually does more than that.  

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Its who we always were.  See 70s/80s public access television, for example.  The internet just gives crazy folks safety in numbers...no matter how awful your position is, social media allows you to find a herd to run with.

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Yeah... Platform for the left behind and disenfranchised. Instead of either working harder to improve their lives and move forward, or simply killing themselves, they find others who also think that they have no cobtrol over their lives, or they constantly troll celebrities for attention that they otherwise would never get

1 hour ago, youngchew said:

Don't worry, the older you get the less you give a **** what other people think about you! It's wonderfully freeing!  :evil:

Archived