Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LiveStrongSkins

Tim Brown should stand right in front of this...

travel-bus.jpg

"They caught the Seahawks and Bears at the right time of the year. This team is still smoke and mirrors and we will see it in the playoffs."-via ProFootball Preview on CSN

Ok so he has said this before the Rams game, Dallas game,before the Giants game and now hes saying it for Philly. So if the Skins win the super bowl is he going to say he didnt see it happen becuase he couldnt see through all the smoke and mirrors? :rolleyes:

he's was a wr what does he know other than running?

track opinions he may know

He's probably not even smart enough to have a dumb opinion like that, it was probaly fed to him by a producer to draw reaction. Tim "The E-mail Target" Brown :laugh:

He's probably mad that Snyder didn't sign him when he was desperate to play for anyone.

:laugh: and I didnt think anyone could be worse then Chris Carter and Rod Woodson. I cant wait to get in the Playoffs and embarrass all those doubters who think they can analyse. Chris Carter is still mad about 1987 when we held them on 4th and goal to win another trip to the Show, "thats right Chris" we took another ring that you thought should have been yours.

No, we didn't catch the Bears and Seahawks at the right time of the year.

Look at what the Bears did exactly one week later. Right, they won 38-6. The Bears have been a good team all year.

Look at what the Seahawks were doing when we played them: they were in the second game of a four game set in which they would score 37+ points in every game-- except when they played us and managed a mere 17. If any team is smoke and mirrors in this conversation, it's Seattle. Look at their schedule and results and prepare to be underwhelmed:

Sep 11 @Jacksonville Lost 14-26

Sep 18 Atlanta Won 21-18

Sep 25 Arizona Won 37-12

Oct 2 @Washington Lost 17-20

Oct 9 @St. Louis Won 37-31

Oct 16 Houston Won 42-10

Oct 23 Dallas Won 13-10

Week 8 BYE

Nov 6 @Arizona Won 33-19

Nov 13 St. Louis Won 31-16

Nov 20 @San Francisco Won 27-25

Nov 27 N.Y. Giants Won 24-21

Dec 5 @Philadelphia Won 42-0

Dec 11 San Francisco Won 41-3

Dec 18 @Tennessee Won 28-24

Dec 24 Indianapolis Won 28-13

Jan 1 @Green Bay 1:00pm

First of all, they played three bad teams in their division 6 times-- San Francisco, Arizona, and St. Louis-- all abysmal. In conference, they drew @Washington (loss), a home game against Atlanta (solid 3 point win), and at home against Dallas ("frantic" 3 point win), and New York Giants (VERY lucky 3 point win... the Feely game). So basically, the Seahawks won by field goals in 3 games in their conference, two of which could be attributed to a high degree of luck. Out of the conference, they drew HOUSTON (obvious win), Jacksonville (a sound loss), Tennessee (a squeaker win), and at home against an Indy team that played for one half, minus Harrison, minus their coach, and a world of distractions... the starters playing for only half should take the forefront.

Granted, you absolutely have to give Seattle all the credit for flat-out getting the job done. But this team is as close to 10-6 as it is 13-3. Do your homework, Carter.

Chris Carter is still mad about 1987 when we held them on 4th and goal to win another trip to the Show, "thats right Chris" we took another ring that you thought should have been yours.

I'm pretty sure Cris Carter was on the Eagles that year, if he was even in the league.

How are we smoke & mirrors when we've got a 4-1 record in the toughest division in football, plus we hung tough with the Broncos and Chiefs on their fields, and we DID beat the two top seeds in the conference.

The Seahawks and Bears play in the two worst divisions in football, and have struggled when they've played teams with winning records.

I like when people start doubting us, gives us more reason to play and to prove something.... EVERY game we start earning respect but theres always a few that are still skeptical, its their JOB, so calm down everybody.

he's was a wr what does he know other than running?

track opinions he may know

I think you meant, what does he know other than running SLOW!!! Gruden threw the guy a bone last year and the Bucs receiving corps ranked among the worst in the NFL. It's like Clint always said, "a man's got to know his limitations." And like I always say, "a man's got to know when he's 5 years past his prime."

No, we didn't catch the Bears and Seahawks at the right time of the year.

Look at what the Bears did exactly one week later. Right, they won 38-6. The Bears have been a good team all year.

Look at what the Seahawks were doing when we played them: they were in the second game of a four game set in which they would score 37+ points in every game-- except when they played us and managed a mere 17. If any team is smoke and mirrors in this conversation, it's Seattle. Look at their schedule and results and prepare to be underwhelmed:

Sep 11 @Jacksonville Lost 14-26

Sep 18 Atlanta Won 21-18

Sep 25 Arizona Won 37-12

Oct 2 @Washington Lost 17-20

Oct 9 @St. Louis Won 37-31

Oct 16 Houston Won 42-10

Oct 23 Dallas Won 13-10

Week 8 BYE

Nov 6 @Arizona Won 33-19

Nov 13 St. Louis Won 31-16

Nov 20 @San Francisco Won 27-25

Nov 27 N.Y. Giants Won 24-21

Dec 5 @Philadelphia Won 42-0

Dec 11 San Francisco Won 41-3

Dec 18 @Tennessee Won 28-24

Dec 24 Indianapolis Won 28-13

Jan 1 @Green Bay 1:00pm

First of all, they played three bad teams in their division 6 times-- San Francisco, Arizona, and St. Louis-- all abysmal. In conference, they drew @Washington (loss), a home game against Atlanta (solid 3 point win), and at home against Dallas ("frantic" 3 point win), and New York Giants (VERY lucky 3 point win... the Feely game). So basically, the Seahawks won by field goals in 3 games in their conference, two of which could be attributed to a high degree of luck. Out of the conference, they drew HOUSTON (obvious win), Jacksonville (a sound loss), Tennessee (a squeaker win), and at home against an Indy team that played for one half, minus Harrison, minus their coach, and a world of distractions... the starters playing for only half should take the forefront.

Granted, you absolutely have to give Seattle all the credit for flat-out getting the job done. But this team is as close to 10-6 as it is 13-3. Do your homework, Carter.

i think you summed it up quite nicely! :applause:

Tim Brown and Jason Sehorn are absolutely horrible analizers. And Profootball Weekly is a horrible show. Those guys don't know what the hell they are saying. I've watched the show from time to time and they always get everything wrong. I have watched the past few weeks and I did hear them say smoke and mirrors. I simply laugh like evryone else. If we are smoke and mirrors team (whatever the hell that means), then what does that make the Cowboys and Giants by the way we handed thier arsses to them?

I don't even bother watching that show, but with all of the fever and hype that is going on with the Skins this year, I just want to watch anything football. And after I watch those clowns give thier ridiculous opinions, I ask myself why I even watched the stupid show. Thsy suck!!!!

They caught the Seahawks and Bears at the right time of the year. This team is still smoke and mirrors and we will see it in the playoffs."-via ProFootball Preview on CSN

He's dead on with the first part of the statment. Fact of the matter is, we barely beat either team. It's not like the Skins lit up the Bears with a rookie under center, and the Seahawks won the game if not for the botched field goal. I don't know why people get so PO'd over the truth. Don't get me wrong, a win is a win. Ask the Bucs...............

Right now, the Skins are playing great, no smoke or mirrors. I see us able to beat the Hawks if our play is consistant with the past two weeks. The Bears are another story. With Grossman back, and their solid D, it would undoubtedly be an exciting close game that could go either way IMO.

He's dead on with the first part of the statment. Fact of the matter is, we barely beat either team. It's not like the Skins lit up the Bears with a rookie under center, and the Seahawks won the game if not for the botched field goal. I don't know why people get so PO'd over the truth. Don't get me wrong, a win is a win. Ask the Bucs...............

Right now, the Skins are playing great, no smoke or mirrors. I see us able to beat the Hawks if our play is consistant with the past two weeks. The Bears are another story. With Grossman back, and their solid D, it would undoubtedly be an exciting close game that could go either way IMO.

Few things upset people more than the truth, Pete.

This is hilarious. I have watched that show week after week just so I could hear Tim Brown and Jason Sehorn call us smoke and mirrors. That makes my day really. These guys just will not give it up. We have proved them wrong and it's the same **** every week.

I missed the show this week, but I had no doubt what they were going to say. They crack me up.

Tim Brown is a punk an overrated one at that he is just mad that not any of the teams he played on were worth anything and the one team that did get to the superbowl they got stumped by the Bucs.

I'm not going to insult Tim Brown but Timmy....."smoke and mirrors"?

The Redskins have played the toughest schedule in the league.

I don't care when they played them, they have beaten 3 division leaders and should have beaten the fourth. In fact it could also be said that it was the Redskins who were not playing great football (on offense) at the time they played the Bears and Seahawks and that the Redskins now are a much better team than the one the Bears and Seahawks LOST to in September.

Seriously, if you want to say that the Bears and Seahawks are better or that they'll have the edge in the playoffs because of home field, fine......but "smoke and mirrors"? Give me a break.

:eaglesuck

I'm not going to insult Tim Brown but Timmy....."smoke and mirrors"?

The Redskins have played the toughest schedule in the league.

I don't care when they played them, they have beaten 3 division leaders and should have beaten the fourth. In fact it could also be said that it was the Redskins who were not playing great football (on offense) at the time they played the Bears and Seahawks and that the Redskins now are a much better team than the one the Bears and Seahawks LOST to in September.

Seriously, if you want to say that the Bears and Seahawks are better or that they'll have the edge in the playoffs because of home field, fine......but "smoke and mirrors"? Give me a break.

:eaglesuck

Agree but, I do not believe the Seahawks or Bears are that much better than we are both of these teams are beatable.

Tim Brown is right.

The Redskins are the worst 9-6 team in history. Even if it is fact that they are a play or ref call a game from 14-1. :D That would just make them the worst 14-1 team in history. :laugh: