Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dcoles11

NFC strength vs AFC Strength (using the Redskins as test subject)

The fact that the Redskins are 0-4 vs the AFC West and 10-2 in the NFC if we beat the Eagles has me wondering if the NFC is really that weak compared to the AFC.

In review of the team's 4 loses to the AFC West, none were bad loses and it can be argued that we should or could have won all of them.

The Bronco game: In my opinion that was just a close game that we lost, they were at home and they were just alittle bit better than us that day. Plus they are a very good team.

The Chief game: This is one of those games that causes people to make statements that don't make sense when you think about it. What I mean is we lost this game because of turnovers, plain and simple. But I don't think you can say we should have won, because turnovers is why teams lose games for the most part is it not? The Chiefs are a good team in the end though and making the mistakes we did definately didn't help.

The Raider game: We blew this game, 13-3 in the 3rd quarter and just plain lost it. The offense was bad all day, 7 of the 13 points came on an interception return for a TD.

The Charger game: I think we played pretty well with an up and down team, just not enough offense, much like the Raider game. We held LT down for most of the game until it really counted.

The evidence is there, the Redskins are one of the best teams in the NFC. We are 9-2 vs the conference with wins over 3 of the 4 division leaders and a 36-35 loss to the 4th division leader ( I think we all remember that game :doh: )

But with all that success vs our own conference we are 0-4 vs the AFC West.

So what gives? Was this just a product of how the Redskins were playing at the time? I think it can be argued that the Raider and Charger loses kinda snow balled on us after the Tampa loss.

What do you guys thinks??

I think it is a combination of how we were playing at the time and the injuries to the defensive line in the middle of the season that caused us to lose to Tampa, Oakland and San Diego.

the losses came because we were not focused. gibbs and the vets sat down after the 3 losses and laidit all out. ever since then (dallas and ny) we have come out focused and ready to kick some ass. if this team can stay focused throughout the playoffs, there is no telling who we can beat. it all starts with the iggles this weekend, then the first round off the playoffs

First off, good post. I enjoy reading something "out of the norm" as of late. I think many factors played into us losing to TB, Oak, and SD. Our inability to close out games comes to mind. The fact that Oak was dedicating the game to their coach, Norv. The fact that SD, has an excellent coach in Marty. The fact that Tampa was at home and that did factor in. A lot of things. It is my opinion though that, dare I say it, this had to happen for this team to be where it is now. It was a wake-up call to all of them that they are better than that. As much as I want to say I would want to have the Oak game back more than any other game this year, if it didn't happen, I just don't see this team as "unified" as it is right now. :2cents:

As for how good are the Redksins? When they get into the tournament, no one, and I mean NO ONE, wants to see them. :applause:

Bring on the Eagles!!

:eaglesuck :point2sky

if we play the way we've been playing the past 2 games- there's only one team who has a remote chance of taking us down, and they went 13-0 for a while...

We out played Denver in there home and we beat ourselves against KC and the rest. We are still a young team but we have grown up a lot these last 5 weeks and if we do hit the SuperBowl, thats equal grounds and I think the only team that has a chance against us is the Colts. The way we can hog the ball, I think we can beat any team out there the way were playing now and the Colts favorite pass is the post which would lead all 160lbs starvin marvin right into the shoulder pads of Sean Taylor. This Redskins team is much better then many people thinks it is!!!!

First off, good post. I enjoy reading something "out of the norm" as of late. I think many factors played into us losing to TB, Oak, and SD. Our inability to close out games comes to mind. The fact that Oak was dedicating the game to their coach, Norv. The fact that SD, has an excellent coach in Marty. The fact that Tampa was at home and that did factor in. A lot of things. It is my opinion though that, dare I say it, this had to happen for this team to be where it is now. It was a wake-up call to all of them that they are better than that. As much as I want to say I would want to have the Oak game back more than any other game this year, if it didn't happen, I just don't see this team as "unified" as it is right now. :2cents:

As for how good are the Redksins? When they get into the tournament, no one, and I mean NO ONE, wants to see them. :applause:

Bring on the Eagles!!

:eaglesuck :point2sky

Thank you for the compliment, that was my intent to start a thread that was something besides something about Lavar.

I am of the opinion that we lost those games vs the AFC because we just were not playing well. I think we would have lost to anyone during that stretch.

I think if we played the Raiders and Chargers now we'd beat them pretty easily. As far as the Broncos and the Chiefs, they are both good teams. I really don't think we got the Chiefs best punch.