Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

H-O-G

Williams talks about LAVAR

December 29, 2005

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=14143

Today in his Thursday press conference he said these things about Lavar:

On Redskins LB, #56 LaVar Arrington's performance:

"I've been very proud of how far he's come. The biggest part of it is, he's just had to get healthy. For the most part, since I've been here, it's been unfortunate that he's had the injury bug. When he's healthy, he can do some things penetration-wise and run people down--some things that other guys can't do. We just have to find ways to utilize them all, and we have been doing that when he's been healthy."

On his thoughts on Redskins LB, #56 LaVar Arrington buying into his system:

"That's good that he's bought into your system. That's outstanding. He's excited about the fact that, he's been here a long time and hasn't played in a playoff game. It's not really my system, it's Joe Gibbs's system and the way we have to play. Hopefully, the season continues, and it only continues with us playing our best game this. We have to play our best."

Talking about how hes not thinking about Head coaching Jobs:

"There's really nothing to that. To my knowledge, I have to work my tail off to keep the job I've got. To my knowledge, there are no job openings right now. I really get uncomfortable talking about that. I really like what I'm doing here and like the guys that I'm doing it with. It never comes up. I have no control over that. I have no control over what other people talk about. All I have control over is my own little laboratory up there [inside Redskins Park] and my little laboratory out on the field of play. That's all I worry about. Sure, [it helps to have gone through it already]. It's not a distraction because I [only] have 24 hours each day to worry about the Eagles. This is a tough preparation for us to make sure that we're covering all of the things. It's going to be a wide-open game. We may have to play the best we've played the whole last part of the year to go up there and win this football game. We really believe defensively that we're going to have to play the best that we've played so far because of the things that they're going to do. They're going to go for broke. We have to be prepared to play a lot of critical plays in the ballgame. [Eagles head coach] Andy [Reid] has done a good job in the past with the things that they do. I have a lot of respect for him as a coach. We're going to have to play very well."

:applause: :applause: Overrall good news

What is strange to me is that the film of GW that is posted on redskins.com give no mention of the Lavar comments or a new head coaching position. Like I said in other posts, if Lavar, GW and JG are on the same page then he will be here next year. Danny may not like Lavar but Joe Gibbs is the driver of this bus. Go show them why you belong here 56

Williams is not only a defensive genius, coach par excellence and animal trainer, but he also comes across as a genuine type of guy who will be brutally honest at all times, good or bad...

What is strange to me is that the film of GW that is posted on redskins.com give no mention of the Lavar comments or a new head coaching position. Like I said in other posts, if Lavar, GW and JG are on the same page then he will be here next year. Danny may not like Lavar but Joe Gibbs is the driver of this bus. Go show them why you belong here 56

That threw me off too. I know I didn't hear any of the lavar stuff on GW's interview. Williams actually said he wouldn't talk about any of that at alland was firm about it. Doesn't that seem funny that he'd say that and yet this would suggest he spoke openly on it? :confused:

In fact, those comments seem a lot like the ones he made after the San Franciso game (or later) when he was talking about Lavar :rubeyes:

...what if redskins.com has done what some here accused the WT of doing and put out some old material out of context to spin the situation as though everythings just fine??? :paranoid:

:D sorry, couldn't help it, was too good to pass up :laugh:

He was very terse with his response during his interview on redskins.com. He basically said that Lavar's issues were irrelevant and had nothing to do with the Redskins.

So there.

That threw me off too. I know I didn't hear any of the lavar stuff on GW's interview. Williams actually said he wouldn't talk about any of that at alland was firm about it. Doesn't that seem funny that he'd say that and yet this would suggest he spoke openly on it? :confused:

In fact, those comments seem a lot like the ones he made after the San Franciso game (or later) when he was talking about Lavar :rubeyes:

...what if redskins.com has done what some here accused the WT of doing and put out some old material out of context to spin the situation as though everythings just fine??? :paranoid:

:D sorry, couldn't help it, was too good to pass up :laugh:

I think someone is spinning something. I think GW says what he feels no matter what the situation is, I think someone in the organization asked him those canned questions about Lavar and new coaching positions.

My next question would be why they would do this. Are they appeasing Lavar or trying to make him the bad guy. This all speculation but I would love to have been a fly on the wall yesterday when Gibbs, Williams and Arrington aired their feelings.

Maybe it is one of those cases where you aren't going to comment publicly, but just release a statement. It certainly limits how one interperates comments from a random question.

Jason

You'd think they'd know by now they might as well tell me straight because I'm going to figure it out anyway. :fortune: