Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest ComebackKing

SI.COM's Peter King; Skins score 40?!

Guest ComebackKing

"Washington (9-6) at Philadelphia (6-9)

Joe Gibbs is back in the Big Dance. He's not pleased to be going back to Tampa, site of the Did-Mike-Alstott-Really-Get-In-On-That-Two-Point-Conversion-Run Bowl on Nov. 13, but he'd probably be less pleased if he had to go to the Meadowlands.

Washington 40, Philadelphia 16"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/12/29/pickoff.week17/index.html?cnn=yes

Damn, first were going to go 4-12 or 5-11 because Gibbs is lost in the "NEW" NFL and now were going to put up 40 on Philly in Philly to end the regular season?

This guy is an idiot. Can't believe they let dolts like this pick HOFers.

It's like they try to be way off base every week so that they can have something to talk about the following week. "Wow, those Eagles aren't as bad as us experts thought. They held the Redskins to 27 points and were in the game until the 4th Qtr." Who would have thought that a divisional game would be somewhat close with either team having a chance to win?

Peter King is just a man-shaped suit filled with various cheeses and exotic nuts. It's important to keep that in mind when reading anything he writes.

I don't know why you guys are scared of the Giants, even at Giants stadium. Have you seen who their starting LB'ers are now? :doh:

If not, let me help you out:

Nick Griesen in the middle which isn't actually too bad. On one side it is Kevin Lewis and on the other, either Roman Phifer or Jay Foreman. :doh:

Why would you be scared of that? :doh:

I'm telling you, that Eagles game ruined what was left of the Giants season. Redskins better be careful in Philly.

']I don't know why you guys are scared of the Giants' date=' even at Giants stadium. Have you seen who their starting LB'ers are now? :doh:

Nick Griesen in the middle which isn't actually too bad. On one side it is Kevin Lewis and on the other, either Roman Phifer or Jay Foreman. :doh:

I'm telling you, that Eagles game ruined what was left of the Giants season. Redskins better be careful in Philly.[/quote']

huh-uh Tom. You're not gonna trick me into taking you guys anything other than deadly serious :D

']I don't know why you guys are scared of the Giants' date=' even at Giants stadium. Have you seen who their starting LB'ers are now? :doh:

I'm telling you, that Eagles game ruined what was left of the Giants season. Redskins better be careful in Philly.[/quote']

I'm not scared of the giants. I would actually not mind playing the giants once more in the playoffs as to "leave no doubt". I believe alot of skins fans took that first game a little to seriously. Granted, It hurt like hell to watch that game, but to me it was quite simple. We didnt show up. we couldnt run, pass, block, pass rush, pass defend, run defend.....anything...It was just one of those games, every team has one every now and then. I agree with you about the eagles...They know how to be nasty, especially at home.

Remember we didnt have Sean Taylor in that game,one of the best safeties in the game since his first year in the league no matter what anybody says.

Theres no way Chris Simms puts a whopping 36 points on us again in the playoffs...its impossible with sean taylor in there.

Great points about losing Pierce (did you lose Joseph and Emmons in that game as well???)

Eagles always play tough and hopefully we'll walk away with no injuries and a win on Sunday.

I am keeping an eye out for the G-Men, you may have some injuries on D but I still have alot of respect for what problems the Giants may cause other teams in the playoffs.

Hasn't Pete picked us 3 straight weeks?

Nice to see him coming around.

~Bang

With his gut, it will take him 6 months to turn 180 degree around.

uh, we won't play the Giants unless we won the NFC East..... or TB tanks againts the Saints.

We want the East since we would have a better division record & conference record.