Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Khun Kao

Clarifying the Question: Sean Salisbury Walks!!!

Here's the email I sent:

Sean,

WHEN the Redskins make it to the playoffs, will you be walking from Bristol to Washington as you promised in September on Quite Frankly? Every Redskins' fan is holding you to it. Good luck; I hope your legs don't fall off!

Sincerely,

Paul - a diehard Redskins' fan

Sent to info@seansalisburyonline.com:

What shoes will you be wearing on your walk from Bristol to DC? Do you need a good, warm jacket for the trip? Perhaps a Redskins Scarf?

Reference -

Smith asks both of them for their final four, Theismann said:NFC, Washington and Atlanta and Smith and Salisbury nearly rolled off their chairs and into the floor. Salisbury proclaimed that if the Skins made the playoffs, he'd walk from Bristol to Washington in January. Joe replied "I'll follow behind you in my car..."

Respectfully,

I'm so glad someone pulled this out -- I was steamed at the time. I'm not putting 'if' in mine...we're going to beat these Eagles. No business being in the playoffs if we don't.

A few years ago a soccer "analyst" here in the UK called Rodney Marsh predicted that team called Barnsley would be relegated (finish in the bottom 3) from the English Premiership.

In fact he went as far as saying that he would shave his head on the pitch at halftime if he was wrong.

True to his word, on the first day of the following season he did just that as Barnsley outperformed his prediction by one spot.

OK, I'll do my part,, my cartoons get a TON of traffic, and some of it comes from ESPN people.. I am going to put this in the new cartoon if we win tomorrow, and let's sic the masses on him. Odds are someone will show it to him, and if the thing is as big a hit as some I've had, it may force him to address it, maybe even on the air.

So when the cartoon somes out (Monday or Tuesday.) tell your friends, email it around. Let's make him do it.

~Bang

I think I will wait until we are actually in the playoffs then email him asking where do I send my charity donation for the walk.

Even though I am confident, I think you have the right idea. :2cents:

Let's beat Philly first, but if Sean said that and he'd want to pay up to help a charity, I donate.........

I'm suprised he said that, though we were 5-6 at one time ,now 9-6 however.

OK, I'll do my part,, my cartoons get a TON of traffic, and some of it comes from ESPN people.. I am going to put this in the new cartoon if we win tomorrow, and let's sic the masses on him. Odds are someone will show it to him, and if the thing is as big a hit as some I've had, it may force him to address it, maybe even on the air.

So when the cartoon somes out (Monday or Tuesday.) tell your friends, email it around. Let's make him do it.

~Bang

I think youmay really be my hero...:eaglesuck

~Bang

Good idea.

I e-mailed him. With an IF the skins make the playoffs.

We really need to remind Thiesman about it. I'm sure he would bring it up on air. :laugh:

Oh, and Bang.... You da man! :applause:

My e-mail...

Dear Mr. Salisbury,

My name is Chris and I am from Salisbury Maryland. Now maybe it is just coincidence that your last name and the name of the city I live in are the same. However there is another coincidence that trumps the previous.

That is you and I are thinking about the Washington Redskins. I too had a hard time understanding how our team would perform in a manner that would place us in a playoff position. But what is really important is that as a fan I always believe. You are an objective writer and sports commentator. An many ways much more capable of delivering factual and quality opinions regarding the NFL.

That being said, I was watching the cartoon on Bang.com and to my suprise you were quoted as saying you would walk from Bristol to DC should the Redskins make the playoffs. Well, the Redskins made the playoffs.

I am curious if it is your plan to walk this trek for charity. If so I am more than willing to donate to this event for the benefit of any worthy cause you see fit. As a Redskin fan I will take some delight in watching you walk. But more importantly, I would be impressed by your willingness to stand by your words.

In closing, I have watched you for many years and have enjoyed your studio presence. I look forward to many years of effort on your part in breaking down my favorite sport. As a fan I will continue to enjoy your presentations regardless of your decision to walk or not to walk.

Sincerely,

Chris

christopher....co@comcast.net

Let's start a new thread where we post links to the shoes that Sean should wear for his walk. Maybe we could all chip in a buck, and Extremeskins can buy the shoes for him. A nice little bit of publicity for the organization.

I'll start. I think these would be perfect for his walk..."Geared for more adventurous environments, this waterproof shoe features the same great technologies as the athletic walking shoes."

http://www.nbwebexpress.com/newbalanceMW964BR.htm

Let's start a new thread where we post links to the shoes that Sean should wear for his walk. Maybe we could all chip in a buck, and Extremeskins can buy the shoes for him. A nice little bit of publicity for the organization.

I'll start. I think these would be perfect for his walk..."Geared for more adventurous environments, this waterproof shoe features the same great technologies as the athletic walking shoes."

http://www.nbwebexpress.com/newbalanceMW964BR.htm

Screw that.. Make him wear these... :laugh: