Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins - Superbowl champs? Is it possible?

I have a quiet confidence that we are more than capable of beating any NFC team and I believe that we can get to the superbowl this season. We've all got to believe that we can get there - but let's not shout too loud about it yet and take it one game at a time - let's beat those birds first.

f*ck the cowboy fan.. honestly i can say we need to handle business against the eagles first...but i think we can make it to the superbowl if we can have 1 home game... i dont think the skins can win 3 straight on the road like they have this year. i mean this regular season we have not beaten a contender... the dallas game was luck... we were shut down for 56 mins.. we did play very well in the denver and kc games but our offense was affected by the crowd noise

Is it possible? Yes.

Are we getting ahead of ourselves? Hell yes, but it's always fun to speculate.

My take:

We can't take the playoffs for granted - the Philly game is not in the bag. We win that one, then I'll feel better.

But think about this - if we do make the playoffs, it will likely be as a wild card team. Even under the best-case scenario (winning the division), we have one home game, and two road games to get through in order to punch a ticket to Detroit.

We're starting to develop a really nice home field advantage at FedEx - but on the road, it's a lot different.

We've beaten Seattle and Chicago. Can we beat them again? Sure... but they're better teams now than they were before. So are we.

We've lost to Tampa Bay. Can we beat them? Sure... but nothing is guaranteed.

Personally, I think we have as good a chance as anyone in the NFC.

However, we have NOT done at all well against AFC opponents this season, and we'd be heavy underdogs if we do happen to make it to Detroit.

The Colts are scary!

They are the team that you "make up" when you are playing Madden '06, and you just want to crush the CPU!

Yeah, well, I beat a guy online with Madden 06 who chose to play as the Colts. I didn't backdown, and still chose our Skins. :silly:

Punk didn't see it coming. :point2sky

we have scored 70 points in the last 2 games with a very balanced attack. also, our defense has NOT been missing tackles. we just shut down a premier back that made the chiefs look silly a week earlier. as portis said, the coaches are letting the players play their game lately. the play calling has been more creative and we haven't been trying to kill the clock with an entire quarter left.

if i were any nfc team, i would be afraid to play the skins right now.

remember that although we are 9 and 6 now, 5 of our losses have been by 7 points or less. the ones we lost we really beat ourselves.

All of our losses were close! The one bad loss was to the New York Football Giants. We beat them pretty good last week to make up for that loss! We have an edge now! A trip back to the playoffs would be sweet! After that Tampa loss...I thought we were done. To rattle off so many BIG wins in a row? Unthinkable. If they don't implode, the Redskins could cause a ruckus w/ a healthy #8. They need a savvy vet with ice water in his veins to win games on the road. That is why they got him right? I feel we are on shaky ground even talking about the Redskins making a trip to the Super Bowl. One game at a time is this team’s motto! Let me take my Redskin brand anxiety medication and then perhaps I will be calm enough to talk about the postseason. Right now, I think it is a jinx to even talk about the playoffs! Don't believe in curses huh? Is Donavan McNabb at home playing Madden on his X-box? I don't know jack, I just am enjoying the ride!

Go Skins!:eaglesuck

First of all, as it currently stands, we would play Seattle in the second round (if we make the playoffs and beat TB in round one). This is because we are currently the 6th seed.

I agree with a lot of you in the sense that none of these other NFC teams strike fear into me. And the fact that we have beaten some of them already is encouraging. BUT, we have been pretty awful on the road this year. And we turn the ball over way too much on the road. Yes we played Denver and KC close, but we turned the ball over in both of those games and lost. We played awful for most of the game in Dallas, all of the game in NY and were unspectacular in Arizona and St. Louis. Then theres the TB game. Granted it was bad officiating, but still we turned the ball over and subsequently lost the game (sort of).

The bottom line is...I think the 'Skins are playing their best football right now and most teams probably don't want to play us. BUT, homefield advantage in this league cannot be overlooked. It is a HUGE advantage. Unless we can play on the road without turning the ball over (which we are yet to do this season), advancing in the playoffs even once will be a tall order.

HTTR!

The Skins are peaking @ the right time. They have beaten good teams that are playoff bound. This team has come together nicely...if they get some guys healthy...

..see there I go, you guys are getting the manic Redskins fan in me all pumped up! Only Mr.Tony can fire up the bandwagon. Until then I MUST remain a skeptic.

Let's see.

We have beaten the Bears.

We have Beaten the Giants.

We have beaten the Seahawks.

We should have beaten the Bucs. (#%@# refs!)

In case the Boys get in; we have beaten them - twice.

Carolina is the only question mark and I think we can beat them.

So the road to the SuperBowl is full of teams who we have already beaten.

However, as said before, we must beat the Eagles this wek for any of the above to mean anything.

Exactly.

The only problem is that we lost too many of those winnable AFC West games that we screwed ourselves with road playoff games.

But there isn't a team in the NFC that we can't beat and there isn't a really good team that we haven't beaten already anyway but it will be a different ball game at Seattle/NY/Chicago.

But it isn't like Joe Gibbs' past teams haven't won tough road playoff games in some of those places in the past with backup QB's and a large amount of the starting team out injured. If the Redskins win a game in Chicago or Seattle I would not be surprised at all. The tough one would be in NY.

It all boils down to this: If we continue to play the way we have the past two weeks, anything is possible. If we don't then Portis, Moss and Taylor will be hanging out with the other guys from the "U" watching John Madden on T.V. "bam" his way through his final Super Bowl.

ONE GAME AT A TIME........Let's beat Philly first.

However, the entire NFC right now is beatable (including us).....there is no guarantee that any team (even the Colts with their current problems) will be in Detroit this year.

Last year, was pretty much a gimme that the Eagles would be there and either one of these three AFC teams (Colts, Steelers, Pats.)......that's not the case this year.

I think it will come down to Home Field Advantage this year and that means Seattle (maybe the Bears also) have the best shot since somebody has to beat them at home.

Yeah, well, I beat a guy online with Madden 06 who chose to play as the Colts. I didn't backdown, and still chose our Skins. :silly:

Punk didn't see it coming. :point2sky

Amen man, they match up well on Madden! Utilize the run just like the last couple games and the Skins are very formidable. I'm taking the rest of the season game by game like I have since the three game losing streak. I am optimistic as ever, we'll see how we're matched if and when Philly feels the pain.

Archived