Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official extremeskins list of all the "experts" incorrect predictions?

E-Dog Night

From Street & Smith's:

"The rude awakening that greeted the return of Joe Gibbs to the Redskins in his first-ever losing season had the Hall-of-Fame coach looking like a deer in the headlights of one of his racecars."

Final grade: 72

NASCAR's cars don't have headlights. Another example of poor research.

Dont' we have to wait to play the season before we can call these predictions incorrect? I see a lot of people here say that Ramsey is going to make the Pro Bowl. Can we add those to the list?

Might as well, but I think the mega merged Ramsey thread will be around when the season is over so those who were right will be able to gloat.

Anyways, here's another one:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1584036#post1584036

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4842248

Five teams that'll be just awful

5. Redskins — The NFL Joe Gibbs returned to last season is very different from the NFL he left after the 1992 season. Safety Sean Taylor couldn't stay out of trouble and linebacker Lavar Arrington can't stay healthy. Those two are Washington's best players. Elsewhere, Redskins fans long for a day when starting quarterback Patrick Ramsey is carrying a clipboard.

We long for a day when Ramsey is holding the clipboard? Ok, buddy!

• 2 weeks later...
I just don't have the patience to do it myself - I would but I have to finish some stuff up here at work, and the search function isn't up and running, so I can't look for the ones that were already posted on this board. But I was thinking that it would be a good idea to set aside a sticky thread or something of that nature with all the media "experts" predicting that the Redskins will finish last in the NFC east, that they won't even have a winning record, etc.

The reason behind this is to see what all the experts say when the Redskins make the playoffs this year. Who owns up to their mistake and who doesn't? There's bound to be dozens.

Off the top of my head: Street & Smith, TSN, SI's Peter King, CBS Sportsline, and of course everyone's favorite Lenny Pastabelly from ESPN...just to name a few, have all predecited the Skins to finish last in the NFC east - just like they all predicted the Chargers to finish last in 2004...and how they predicted the Ravens to finish ahead of the Steelers...and the Colts to win the Super Bowl...and the Seahawks would make it to the NFC championship game...

How about it guys? Bubba, you up for it?

Ok, I'll get it started, in no particular order:

411: "This team might take another step back this year." (Ryan Smith)

S&S: prediction: last in NFC east (don't have the mag to get a name)

TSN: prediction: last in NFC east (Dan Pompeii)

ESPN Sports Nation predicts O/U for wins: 6

You got that right they should have listened to me when Larry Micahel asked me how I thought the Skins would do this season and I replied"13-3" and we'll be 7-0 by the time Philly comes to town and 8-0 ,of course, after they leave. Blow the feathers off the Seahawks! :notworthy

It would not make them look like fools. If we make the playoffs this season, we will have come out of nowhere. Nobody looked a fool last season when the Chargers broke out. It was just unexpected.

Everyone needs to stop taking this stuff so personal. Until we start showing something, nobody is going to pick us to do anything.

Besides, those "analysts" are just like weather men, they all say the same thing with very minor variations. Sometimes a weather man says it's gonna be a clear day and the next thing you know, we have 2 feet of snow.

The point is, they really have no idea what they are talking about. It is just that we seem to listen even though they have a 50% chance of being right or wrong. Who cares what they predict for us. 9 times out of ten, it is going to be incorrect.

I understand what you are saying and if the analists were saying that the skins would only not make the playoffs this year or it would be hard for them to make that playoffs, that would be an opinion. However, these "experts" follow up a guess that we will go 4-12 (SI) with a rant bashing our team and only mentioning the negatives and nothing about the improvements we have made. This kind of "reporting" is false and needs to be called out when they are shown for the hacks that they are. These people dont do any research, or visit any camps. All they do is back their favorits (usually just the winners from the previous year) and blindly bash the others. I say unload on them and maybe they will put a little more thought into their work next year...who am I kidding.

:2cents:

why are you arguing after 2 games into the season what others have predicted for the end of season? lets see??you barely beat chicago. now theres a powerhouse. and you in desperation threw 2 bombs into double coverage in last minutes to overcome dallas. who incidentally was predicted to finish just above you in the nfc rankings. so far id say rankings are pretty much on schedule.

Archived