1) due to defenses loading up on Pryor/Crowder/Reed early, Doctson will come out the gates hot. Then defenses will adjust, he will have the typical rookie WR issues (specifically, consistently beating press-man), & it won't matter too muvh because the offense will have been unlocked by then.
2) Perine gets 13+ TDs, Kelley gets the bulk of rushing yards, CT the passing yards, but Perine takes over late as the primary back. Mostly due to his punishing style.
3) red zone offense drastically improves...we see a boatload of fade routes converted to actually TDs, & memes regarding Gruden flippantly calling fade routes indignantly AT fans who mocked him previously for it will be at an all time high.
4) Jonathan Allen will record a whopping 7.5 sacks...which is high, but not that high for a DT. The shocking part will be that this helps HBKerrigan break the 14 sack barrier....i want to say he gets upwards of 16 sacks this year, but i will temper my bet at 14+. Many of them will be effort sacks where he gets beyond the QB's drop, & comes back inside, & gets a sack vecause Allen forced pursuit in his direction.
5) KC signed by deadline, answers all questions about "elitenessicity." I think with this offense he can throw for around 35 TDs, & 7 INTs, & 5,000 yards. All of which are cool....but i think he leads the league in QBR this year...which will ultimately be what shuts down the negativity towards him.
6) i want Bree Island to finally take that next step...alas...i think Moreau takes over by week 4, Bree moves to slot CB full time, & leads all rookies with INTs. Only for DROY to go to Jonathan Allen. His impact will be sudden, & resolute. Count it.
7) i feel that we are still in a transition of sorts...so i find it hard to see us winning as much as we probably would in normal years. I see us having trouble with odd opponents in between toughies. If we nail that, then i see us either being great on the road, & bad at home...or vice-versa. Do we get over the primetime bugaboo? Can we win in Seattle? Or KC? & will we get off to a legitimate hot start for once? Or will we comestumbline out the gate again?
I feel like our biggest hurdle to a succesful season is our mentality. All the scenarios listed in the last one basically amount to how much we let it effect us...which shouldn't be an issue for an NFL team...except, they have. This is what i want to see most this year before i believe in anything beyond steady improvement. I need to see us taking it to opponnents with moxi, & i want us to be out there having fun. We need a solid blowout or 2 against a decent opponent also. in order for me to feel like we've made the right strides, i need to see us out there playing a different game at times than our opponent. If i see those things...then 12-4 is certainly attainable. If not...then probably another year in mediocrity before we take another step.
Just my hot-takes.