Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SonnyRules In Hopspice Care

LizKauai

Dear Extremeskins family,

Many of you may know our devoted Skins fan and season ticket holder SonnyRules. He was one of the first to welcome me on this board and the first real Redskins fan that I enjoyed watching games with when he visited Kauai.

Today I received this message on Facebook from his wife:

“Hi Liz....Just wanted to let you know that Ken (SonnyRules) was put in hospice care Monday night. It seems the cancer has taken over his body. Could you please let the Exteme Skins know of this. Thanks.”

Please add your good thoughts and prayers for SonnyRules as he transitions to the Ultimate Stadium...

I am so happy that he was at least able to see his team win the NFC East and enjoy supporting his wife May Ling as she cheered for her beloved Ravens in the SB.

Warmest aloha to you all!

LizKauai

**** cancer! Hopefully he can see this, because, I enjoyed him as a poster... It would be disheartening to have the chance to say goodbye to someone and them not hear it, with all the tragedies we've had, everyone wants a chance to say goodbye to someone we care about. I know we met in person somewhere (whether it was FedEx, Tampa, Charlotte, or Cincy) I know faces... I hope this isn't the last time I see him...

Very sad news. Thoughts are with Ken (SR) and his family. If he sees this I hope he knows he is an asset and friend to the community as a whole. I find "real life" to be a very strange dynamic on a message board like this; I'm never quite sure how to react.

I'm sorry, Liz. Tell him Mark The Homer sends his regards. He was a good guy and an asset to the board. I always loved his name and especially his sig (shown below).

Thanks MTH, I knew there was something I had always remembered about his posts besides his insights which were worth reading. I pray for him to join the stands in the Pearly RFK with as much ease as possible.

Liz,

Can you print this thread and send it to him?

Ken,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please know that your Extremeskins family is sending you lots of B&G love. I hope and pray that you and your family find peace at this time. You are loved and cherished by your family here. Getting to know you over the years has been amazing! I consider you Redskins family and if you need anything please let one of us know. Sending hugs to you and your wife!

Christie aka Huly

SonnyRules,

You will be missed in both "real life" and here. You're a good man.

Of course, my hope is we'll only be missing you for a little while in the midst of your recovery from kicking cancer's ass. Just because it's the 4th quarter and you're down on the scoreboard doesn't mean the game is over. Get a quick score and an onside kick and its a new game.

Effing cancer! Thanks Liz, for letting us know and thanks for the pic. SonnyRules seems like a great guy and I always enjoyed his posts and loved his alias since Sonny was my favorite player growing up as well.. Prayers for Ken and his family and friends. Godspeed brother and see you on the other side! .

Archived