Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo!Sports.com: Russell Wilson's agent asks Seahawks for a new contract

Boss_Hogg

He probably deserves a new one, but there's no way a team should give a rookie QB a new contract one year into his career. Sets a bad precedent at the very least.

Right. The same can be said for Luck and RG3, but it's just too soon right now. Cashing in that early looks bad from a PR perspective for the agent and for his client as well. Give it the proper time and it will get done.

Right. The same can be said for Luck and RG3, but it's just too soon right now. Cashing in that early looks bad from a PR perspective for the agent and for his client as well. Give it the proper time and it will get done.

To be fair, Wilson makes significantly less than both Luck and Griff and has arguably outplayed both of them. Still believe he needs to play it out for another year or two. He'll get taken care of if he keeps it up, and I have an enormous amount of faith in him that he will.

To be fair, Wilson makes significantly less than both Luck and Griff and has arguably outplayed both of them.

I would say that RGIII outplayed Russell Wilson. The only stat that Wilson bests RGIII in is passing TDs, he has 26 to RGIII's 20, but RGIII threw half the interceptions that Wilson did and also passed for more yards, rushed for more yards, rushed for more TDs, lost fewer fumbles and finished with a better rating.

I have a feeling that the next CBA will have some sort of re-negotiation clause in it. 6 of 12 QBs in the playoffs were 1st or 2nd year, RGIII, Wilson, Luck, Dalton, Kaepernick, and Ponder. Running backs will probably cry foul too, their shelf life is like 6-8 years usually, so a 4 year rookie deal is basically half their good years if not more.

I would say that RGIII outplayed Russell Wilson. The only stat that Wilson bests RGIII in is passing TDs, he has 26 to RGIII's 20, but RGIII threw half the interceptions that Wilson did and also passed for more yards, rushed for more yards, rushed for more TDs, lost fewer fumbles and finished with a better rating.

I didn't say I believed he outplayed RG3, just that it can be argued, lol. I put a lot of weight on that fact that Griffin remained consistently great all season, unlike any of the other rookie QBs.

yeah, if the kid wins the super bowl, well what can you say. truly awesome.

I hope that he does win it. It will eliminate the dumbass "Gimmicky/read option/running QB's can't win SB's" nonsense, or at the very least it will make anyone who still tries to make that argument look even more dumb, since a "Running QB" would've just won it.

There is a huge difference between Wilson's salary and the other two. He feels like he should be in that class - and is probably right.

No he didn't.

Cook called Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, “irate” regarding the report that a representative of Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson has asked for a new deal even though the current labor deal prevents a renegotiation until Wilson has completed his third NFL season. Cook called the report, which originated with Chris Mortensen of ESPN and about which we posted, “a bunch of ********.”

Link

I didn't say I believed he outplayed RG3, just that it can be argued, lol. I put a lot of weight on that fact that Griffin remained consistently great all season, unlike any of the other rookie QBs.

That's just the homer in me talking :D

But it's still true IMO. RGIII's low interceptions were incredible. I can't think of another rookie QB that was as smart with the football as RGIII was this past season.

Archived