Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hanburger, Huff, Taylor, Alexander, Mann & Jacoby Charity Autograph Appearance 3-2-13 in Fredericksburg, VA

Leader In Sports

I have been following this board for many years and have seen my events posted here. With the recent addition of our business Facebook page and the great interactive discussions, I thought I would also sign up here to get feedback from Redskin fans.

Briefly, Leader In Sports is a promotion, player representation and sports memorabilia sales company based in Fredericksburg, VA. We have exclusive appearance agreements with Chris Hanburger and Maxie Baughan (along with Roman Gabriel non-Redskin).

On Saturday, March 2nd we are working with Chris Hanburger and WFLS FM 93.3 radio to put on a benefit for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Our goal is to have 5 or 6 Redskin Legends appear at this autograph event at the Spotsylvania Towne Center. The difference between this event and the 1972 Redskins Reunion we did several years ago is we want fewer players, but all big enough names where people would come out and see them individually.

So far we have commitments from: Chris Hanburger, Sam Huff and Charles Mann. We have another legend who the agreement was just mailed to and several more checking their schedules.

Now, after all of that introduction, I would love some feedback on names you guys would like to see at this event.

You should really go to our website and sign up for our email list, and or facebook page to like us. We have been doing events in Fredericksburg for years. We are one of the few remaining promoters who still do shows outside of the big one in Chantilly in the state.

As a matter of fact, for years we did the Mike Nelms Thanksgiving Signing Feast for the Fredericksburg Area Foodbank. At those events we had 6-10 players signing autographs with the funds feeding people during the holidays. This past year we worked with Mike again and switched it to an on air auction through WFLS.

I just checked and we did 5 events in Fredericksburg in 2012 with various teams and players. This doesn't include having booked players like Mike Nelms and Roy Jefferson to do other local appearances.

You are right. There are basically 2 types of events.

One geared more towards true collectors. We did something like that back in November when we brought Eddie LeBaron into Fredericksburg. He is someone not around very often.

The other type of event is more geared towards the fan and casual collector. This charity event is targeting that market. That is why I am focusing on Hall of Famers and Ring of Fame members for this event.

There are many people who listen to Sam Huff on the radio and don't follow the "collector's sites".

There are lots of people who just LOVE Chris Hanburger from his playing days and never knew about other appearances. I will also say this will be Chris's first appearance in Virginia since July of 2011 which is almost 2 years.

Charles Mann rarely does autograph appearances.

I really do work hard to keep both markets happy. Of course, there are only so many Redskin players you can bring in that people would come out in numbers enough to support the expense.

The problem you mention is the same knock people have on big collector shows too. Bottom line is promoters will only bring someone in if they think they can make money on the event. Believe me, I have tried some of those "niche" guys and you see 10 people show up to the event.

Sonny has an exclusive appearance agreement that does not work for this type of event. Larry Brown is a great name. While I wouldn't turn down Alfread Morris, he doesn't really fall into the Ring of Fame or Hall of Fame category.

See Mark, I finally got on here :)

I missed the comment about Missy Marson (cover model of our 2012 Bikini Calendar for those who didn't know). Can't promise, but I will certainly ask ;)

Joe Jacoby would be awesome ! I remember yrs ago, I'm get'in ready to date myself , Was in Northern VA visiting my Aunt and Uncle he took my family and I out to dinner, it was Joe's restaurant I think it was called the 12th Man (not sure on tht one) but I actually met Joe, I was in awe, I was like a teenager, I think. (I'm 52 now), got his autograph on a menu and I’ve got no idea where tht menu is today. Soooooooo disappointed in myself :(

Joe Jacoby, Darrell Green, Art Monk, Gary Clark, Russ Grimm, Charley Taylor. Love who you have so far. Do you need to purchase tickets in advance for this or just show up? Would love to attend. Thanks for info.

Not only did we add Joe Jacoby today, but I just confirmed Lorenzo Alexander for the event. This is shaping up to be a very nice event to benefit a great cause.

Thank you for doing this for charity! I love to see our community come together for a bigger cause. PFUFA visits Akron's Children's hospital every HOF weekend. I can honestly say it is a hard but one of my favorite events to see those children smile.

HTTR

Thank you for doing this for charity! I love to see our community come together for a bigger cause. PFUFA visits Akron's Children's hospital every HOF weekend. I can honestly say it is a hard but one of my favorite events to see those children smile.

HTTR

Thanks for the kind words. I always have a problem turning down a Children's organization.

For those of you tracking confirmed we have:

Chris Hanburger

Sam Huff

Charles Mann

Joe Jacoby

Lorenzo Alexander

and I just talked with another Hall of Famer who said he signed the contract and it is on the way back to me. Hopefully that name will be announced in the next few days.

Let me ask a newbe question. Once I get the line up complete, I would like to change the subject line to incorporate each athlete's name. Is that possible to do?

Yes, just go back and edit your original post. BTW, any idea on pricing and the cost for 1 autograph from each player (IE Super Ticket)?

Yes, just go back and edit your original post. BTW, any idea on pricing and the cost for 1 autograph from each player (IE Super Ticket)?

I tried that before I asked. I saw how to edit the original post, but not the subject line. Not sure what I am missing.

Yes, I do know what the pricing will be based on the line up I believe I have. I am just waiting until I get the one contract back, and then I will announce everything. I will say the Super Ticket discount will only be available for those attending the event and not on mail order.

Will I see you at this event Mark? I did ask Missy, but she believes she already has a shoot in Vegas that conflicts.

I tried that before I asked. I saw how to edit the original post, but not the subject line. Not sure what I am missing.

Yes, I do know what the pricing will be based on the line up I believe I have. I am just waiting until I get the one contract back, and then I will announce everything. I will say the Super Ticket discount will only be available for those attending the event and not on mail order.

Will I see you at this event Mark? I did ask Missy, but she believes she already has a shoot in Vegas that conflicts.

Go to Edit post then go to Advanced Editing It will allow you to edit

Archived