Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN TV: RG3 to have total ACL and LCL repair Wed morning (vid) (MET)

FlaSk1nsfan

Rehab time 6-8 months and they say he should be good to go for the start of next season so thats good. I hope they take better care of him next year. Get well soon RG3.

Tech his surgery is later today (7-8AM EST) as in Wed morning. Sorry I havent gone to bed yet so to me its still Tues.

vid: http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8827480/sources-robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-acl-lcl-surgery-ready-opener

Assuming no setbacks I'd be willing to guess he will be ready to go Week 1.....the question is how much missing the entire offseason will effect him and how long it's going to take for him to get the burst back in his step and/or get over the mental barrier to have confidence to plant firmly on that knee when he throws the ball.

Prayers and good vibes for Robert and his family.

I would'nt be surprised if he sits out the 2013 season.

I doubt that . Based on his youth and how fit he is I bet he is his old self first snap of the season. Medicine has come so far from even 5 yrs ago.

Total ACL? that's the season right there! See Derrick Rose, he's up to 8 months and still no contact. Pointless to play a less than 100% RG3. Take the whole season off.

What they said on ESPN is that whats torn in the ACL is the repair that was done back when he was in college so its defined as an ACL tear but they way they talked about it is that its not as bad as if it were like what happened to A.P. So sounds like the repiar part got messed up and just needs to be done with the ACL

What they said on ESPN is that whats torn in the ACL is the repair that was done back when he was in college so its defined as an ACL tear but they way they talked about it is that its not as bad as if it were like what happened to A.P. So sounds like the repiar part got messed up and just needs to be done with the ACL

Link to this story please

this didn't need to be a new thread.

Its rather major and new news, would you rather have this burried in one of the three threads that were all over the map and not confirmed info? Dont tell me your more worried about being the thread police than the fact our superstar qb is having his knee put back together in a few hrs at the end of his first season.....lets get some perspective please

---------- Post added January-9th-2013 at 01:28 AM ----------

Link to this story please

Turn on ESPN..... Its all over it.

Based on what the report I heard on ESPN was it sounded better then all the doom and gloom in the wash post and all over espn etc has been all day. They said 6 months is the time frame the docs gave but they always add a few months just incase which is where the 8 comes from. So actually he may be up and running around this summer which would be great. The report sounded way better than what I have been reading all day.

The ticker on espn says "he is expected to be ready for the season opener"

6-8 months is pushing it.

Is it possible? Sure.

Is it foolhardy? Yes.

Sorry, Im gonna take the world class Dr. on this one and if they say 6-8 months thats what I am going to believe. No dissrespect but I take it you have not gone to med school nor do ACL LCL reconstructons? Neither do I so Ill defer to what the dr.'s say

All I remember the last time is RG III said he was really down and disappointed but would sit on a chair and throw footballs to his Dad constantly to improve his throwing. 2 years later he won the Heisman...You have to think he'll be a better thrower because of this

Archived