Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shopping list for next year

The Trashman

1. Big, fast, young WR needed. A player who can catch, wants to catch the ball and can separate himself from the line of scrimmage. Garcon is good but his supporting cast (aside from the aging Moss) are all suspect.

2. Tough, durable and quick back-up RB needed. We have Royster and Helu as back-ups BUT they can't stay healthy enough.

3. TE is a bother. Davis will be back but will he be anywhere near 100%? Paulsen and/or Paul are not the answer. Sadly, #47 days are done and over with. Stick a fork in him.

4. A strong and effective pass rusher. Orakpo is nice but clearly we need more pass rushers who can be consistent.

5. Defensive backfield needs major help. Need overhaul at CB. A safety or two is sorely needed.

I think our biggest need is free safety, followed by cornerback, pass rusher, strong safety and right offensive tackle, although I liked how Mo Hurt filled in for Polumbus when he was out that one game injured. I'm not sure what the coaches thought of him but maybe we wouldn't have to sign or draft a right tackle if they feel that he can fill the spot and keep Polumbus around as the swing tackle and Compton could also be in the mix.

4 all pro safeties so we never have this problem again. Such a shame we went from AREA 51 to doo doo Williams and Doughty. I'll give Doughty some credit as he actually played decent the last two weeks, but his best just isn't good enough to start in this league and it drives me nuts that he continues ending up being forced into action. He also missed chipping the back that caught that dump off walk in to the end zone.

Fun fact: both RGIII injuries were on scrambles made necessary by Polumbus getting beat.

Also I never want to hear "trade down" ever again. Trading down got us Hankerson and Helu instead of J.J Watt.

Every draft is different, hindsight is 20/20;)

I'm all for drafting a bunch of defense in April.

4 all pro safeties so we never have this problem again. Such a shame we went from AREA 51 to doo doo Williams and Doughty. I'll give Doughty some credit as he actually played decent the last two weeks, but his best just isn't good enough to start in this league and it drives me nuts that he continues ending up being forced into action. He also missed chipping the back that caught that dump off walk in to the end zone.

Doughty is money against the run but bankrupt in coverage. Hope we keep him for depth and special teams next year.

Doughty is money against the run but bankrupt in coverage. Hope we keep him for depth and special teams next year.

this post is hilarious. you really think we have 15 mil in cap space for 1 player? We'd have to cut half our backups.

On top of the fact that he isnt even a Free Agent, so how the hell are we going to break the bank? Break the Bank and Break our future by trading more picks?

No thanks...

Give me Stedman Bailey/Markus Wheaton.

Fun fact: both RGIII injuries were on scrambles made necessary by Polumbus getting beat.

Also I never want to hear "trade down" ever again. Trading down got us Hankerson and Helu instead of J.J Watt.

You can't put his injuries on Polumbus. Come on. On both those plays, Griffin could have either gone out of bounds or slid earlier.

I'm happy with him as last man on the depth chart. He does give his best, but he shouldn't be in a starting or major role. Ever. And it always seems he is.

I'ts downright funny that defensive backfield is #5. Merriwether might be solid, but I think new pieces are needed there first, pronto.

And with this 3-4, we can never have enough good linebackers, ones who can cover.

I consider our offense "done", what did we average, like 28 point per game? #1 rushing team? I'm ready for the first 5 picks to be just DB, LB.

I think it's a big deal in that regard, that our offense is great (and young), they can really commit to spending this offseason fixing the defense.

Totally agree. We are at the point as a Division winner and playoff team that we need to stop settling for depth and marginal players, but to step up and start drafting players who can consistently make an impact on offense or defense. We are missing "studs" who can take over the game on their own and fill in for when others aren't playing their best. I want a ball hawk player in the secondary either Corner or Safety as well as a big time play-maker on offense. Another stud RB who can take the ball to the house and complement the bruising Morris, or a play-making WR who can actually make plays on his own.

We are at a critical point in this Franchises future. We having the major building blocks down (QB, LT, Pass Rusher?) and its time we go out and surround our stud QB with the best talent we can get him. People need to remember that the future is very bright! There is no need to make any serious changes on the field or in the coaching staff. Lets build on the success we had this year by adding some more impact players and take this team to the next level. HTTR

You can't put his injuries on Polumbus. Come on. On both those plays, Griffin could have either gone out of bounds or slid earlier.

Yup. On the run today I fully expected and was clapping that he was going to just run out of bounds for a two yard gain. Then I see him stop turn and throw then get up with a nasty limp. The words F M L came to mind immediately.

We had a lot of crap players thanks to Vinny, we needed more ammo to drop the dead weight. I do not disagree with what Shanny did even tho we lost out on JJ Watt and then Quinn

I've watched every play of every game this year and there is just no chance imo that there is a starting safety in this league than Madieu Williams. He is absolute garbage, cannot tackle and is out of position more often than not. I would be overjoyed if I read he got cut tonight. I may literally cry if he is on the active roster next year. Seemingly every time something bad happened to our defense tonight, and for that matter this entire fricking year, he was involved in some way and not in a positive way. I don't think I've been so disgusted or embarrassed to have a player on this team in a while. It is one thing to have a guy be physically outmatched the way Doughty is out there. But to have a guy that has as many mental lapses out there, especially as a seasoned veteran, is just plain pathetic. Never in the right place, trying to tackle Marshawn freaking Lynch by his shoulder pads, etc. Same thing he's done all year. He needs to be ****canned yesterday.

Archived