Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fix the Darn Field Snyder

Frediemac

I prefer REAL grass, but I would like to see it redone, and maintained much better. We've been doing fine playing in the dirt, but grass is much better on the joints. We got 1500 yards rushing out of it from our RB and 500+ out of it from our QB, shame to see things end this way, but my vote is REAL GRASS going forward.

I prefer REAL grass, but I would like to see it redone, and maintained much better. We've been doing fine playing in the dirt, but grass is much better on the joints. We got 1500 yards rushing out of it from our RB and 500+ out of it from our QB, shame to see things end this way, but my vote is REAL GRASS going forward.

Grass would be nice, but dirt in unacceptable.

I'm 100% sure we have the most ****ed up field in the league. It' looks like something Sammy Baugh would've played on for goodness sake.

It's unacceptable to present your field that way for an NFL playoff game. In pregame warmups, it looked like they'd played the game already it was so chewed up. The league's gotta have a few words with Snyder and get him to get their act together. If you can't maintain it better than that, change the surface.

Grass would be nice, but dirt in unacceptable.

I'm 100% sure we have the most ****ed up field in the league. It' looks like something Sammy Baugh would've played on for goodness sake.

Maybe that's why they prefer the dirt, to bring back to glory of the old days. LOL

I remember playing on Blair High School's dirt field as the visiting team, it felt great. It had a clay feel and gave you a good bounce. The worst kind of dirt field is sand like, causing players to sink as they make cuts. I'm not sure if we have one of those, but whatever it is, it's pretty gross and any field my QB get's injured on, I'd love to throw out. We've had so much success on the ground this year, but who knows maybe we could have even more with new grass.

You've got a guy (when healthy) with sprinter speed, he should be playing on a surface that doesn't mitigate that. And personnel wise, we were complaining for years about our lack of speed, and we've gotten faster in our acquisitions, but we make our guys play in slop. It's illogical.

---------- Post added January-6th-2013 at 08:50 PM ----------

That new stuff they use is just like real grass. Philly uses it and they don't have a Bunch of injuries.

I concur. This isn't the days of the old turf at the Vet that was taking people's careers, these surfaces nowadays aren't half bad.

you people realize the synthetic turf doesnt mess with your joints the way astro turf did right? it feels and plays just like bermuda grass, if youre gonna complain about the payers not having grass stains then youre gonna be out of luck soon

Archived