Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is RGIII? (merged)

Crazed Bengal

I didn't see the second half of the game and only just read about his knee injury. Will he be ok and ready to go next year? Any news on how he's doing?

I pray he's ok and just tweaked an old injury. That man is a great quarterback and all around football player. All my prayers are going out to him tonight.

Likely won't know until the next few days. If he had fully torn something I don't think he would have been out on the sidelines walking around like he was. The sprain that he had, though a bad one, is something he will recover from in a matter of weeks. Hopefully in time for spring training. They need to send him down with the Nationals so the coaches there can teach him how to slide.

He's going to get an MRI.

The bad thing about this injury is that his knee buckled inward.

That means that it's either ACL or MCL or both. Judging from the way it bent I would guess MCL I'm hoping for grade 1 or 2 strain at most on those ligaments and no surgery.

Since it didn't bend that far inward it could also be a dislocated or subluxed patella which also would be unlikely to require surgery.

But yeah...

Pic of injury if anyone wants to look at it again:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/6/3844114/rg3-injury-griffin-suffers-gruesome-knee-injury

He should be good to go for next season I think.

Likely won't know until the next few days. If he had fully torn something I don't think he would have been out on the sidelines walking around like he was. The sprain that he had, though a bad one, is something he will recover from in a matter of weeks. Hopefully in time for spring training. They need to send him down with the Nationals so the coaches there can teach him how to slide.

Actually the team needs to send Shanahan down to talk to Coach Johnson to learn a few things about saving your star.

I just hope he's OK with some rest and rehab. And, for next year, I hope that both he and the coaches are more effective at keeping him healthy. No unnecessary hits in the middle of games on small gains, no unnecessary 1 yard scrambles when he can throw the ball away, and slide feet first instead of diving head first so often.

I'm looking forward to a healthy (Orakpo, Carriker, Merriweather) team and some new draft/FA talent making a run next year. Use the success from this year to grow.

Man, I missed the severity of it until I just saw it. Really gruesome movement on that knee. I'll be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.

---------- Post added January-6th-2013 at 09:03 PM ----------

A lot of dumbassery being posted on FB now. I guess it's best if I just stay off of it. Can't believe some of the classless things I'm seeing.

If it's the ACL, he won't be back until At least October and that's being positive since it would be the second time on the same knee. If it's anything else, he'll be ready to go for the start of the year most likely

ACL rehab takes about 6-8 months to be able to run on it again. Full speed by 8-10ish months (or more depending on the player), full cutting by 10-12ish. General time frames obviously.

He won't be full speed, but he will be good enough to play on it by August if he had it torn and surgery. They still might hold him out though.

Also, Adrian Peterson is not human.... playing running back by the start of the season (9 months) and then by October or 10 months beasting out for over 2k yards by the end of 12 months.

---------- Post added January-6th-2013 at 09:39 PM ----------

Wouldn't the brace provide some protection from a more severe injury? I am hoping that it provided some stability that added to the buckle affect since it could not give and perhaps prevent a severe injury.

The brace he had on does limit medial-lateral movement of the knee, but since it's not fully rigid you can see it flexed some and thus you can still injure yourself.

Full Disclosure: I have been a Seahawk season ticket holder since '99, and my home address is actually on Seahawks way. That being said NONE and I mean NONE of us wanted to see RG3 like that. We have great respect for him and your team. Today's game is exactly why I didn' t want to face your team. We, the REAL 12th man and not the jack asses who ruin things for us, wish for the full and quick recovery OF RG3. I expect we will get the chance to play you all at full strength very soon, and what a win that will be. :ols:

i can't believe that both times this game, his knee got jacked with literally no contact from Seattle players. None. How is that possible if this injury was only a grade 1 LCL sprain that should healed in 4 weeks? Not to mention he is wearing a brace. What good is the brace if it doesn't prevent things like this (non contact) from happening?

---------- Post added January-6th-2013 at 10:09 PM ----------

Full Disclosure: I have been a Seahawk season ticket holder since '99, and my home address is actually on Seahawks way. That being said NONE and I mean NONE of us wanted to see RG3 like that. We have great respect for him and your team. Today's game is exactly why I didn' t want to face your team. We, the REAL 12th man and not the jack asses who ruin things for us, wish for the full and quick recovery OF RG3. I expect we will get the chance to play you all at full strength very soon, and what a win that will be. :ols:

thanks for your words, but down 14-0 and a healthy RG3 no way you win that game amigo

I'm sure you are a great fan, but considering Seahawk fans taunted a dead Sean Talyor in 2007, a lot of us here really don't want to hear it.

Archived