Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan Decision Not to Take Out RGIII

PlayAction

RGIII was obviously subpar after the 2nd TD throw. Leaving him in series after series when his throws were off and he was unable to run cost the Skins the game. Hopefully, RGIII will heal during the offseason. I think the Skins could have had a shot at winning without RGIII if Shanahan had let Cousins in early when the Skins could still run the ball. PO'ed at the coach.

If I were Dan Snyder, I'd have a very strong talk with Shanahan. Considering this and the report regarding Dr. Andrews, Shanahan doesn't seem to care enough about protecting the Redskins most valuable asset in many years.

Basically all of you are saying that RG3 is worthless if he can't run. His rep is that he's a passing QB that is capable of running, as opposed to a guy like Vick. No it wasn't pretty, but where's the Willis Reed vibe? A couple of catches here in there and better field position, a seahawk lineman tackling Morris with his ass and this game could be different.

Everyone saw he couldn't run, he could barely make it to the sidelines. He also couldn't pass, he was throwing either short or sailing it over open guys. So why is he in there? Sure, we love RGIII, but you have to win it.

We're not even in the playoffs if Cousins wasn't so good for us this year, and yet we completely shy away from him when we need him most.

And I'm not comforted for the future knowing that if our star QB is hurt and can't play well, we can't rely on a reliable backup because he'll come in when the game's already lost.

Defense played a hell of a game today, props to them after a tough opening to the season for them.

Let the blame game begin. We got beat by a good team. Shanny thought RG3 gave us the best chance to win. Deal with it.

RGIII could barely walk, it was leaving him susceptible to serious injury. "Deal with it." Or do you not mind having the franchise hobble out against the #1 defense in the NFL? Kirk should've been in the 2nd half.

First it was a great season and im proud of the skins but it was a huge mistake to not play cousins earlier. Hes a player too and we should have protected rg3

I do not think the ospreys are that good we would have beat them with a healthy rg3 or cousins

And it begins. So depressed.

This is going to be an UGLY off-season after an amazingly awesome season.

If RG3 clears to be 100% for the start of next season, I totally disagree. I think things will be looking up for us. Just a terrible way to end our season.

However, I do agree that RG3 should have been taken out after he got injured again.

Basically all of you are saying that RG3 is worthless if he can't run. His rep is that he's a passing QB that is capable of running, as opposed to a guy like Vick. No it wasn't pretty, but where's the Willis Reed vibe? A couple of catches here in there and better field position, a seahawk lineman tackling Morris with his ass and this game could be different.

You could clearly see he wasn't right, even passing. Leaving him in was reckless.

No one is saying that he's worthless if he can't run. He has a knee injury, did you see how much that affected the passing game?

Archived