Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins fan near Seattle

timitim

I was present at both of our playoff losses in Seattle and despite being dressed in full redskin regalia we not only lost but I had to suffer the indignity of those wretched fans. I have never been round more bitter, hostile, and verbally abusive fans in my life I doubt I would go again.

I tired of voicing to the thousands of Seahawk fans there is no way they win in DC in the post season. However, now I get that chance. Finally the Seahawks post season must come through DC.

I don't think there is any way we lose this game. Their division is weak and the two toughest teams they have played lately were at home.

I'm here to tell you EVERY Seahawk fan here doesn't see this game coming at all. I for one am in sheer ecstasy at the notion of some much needed, ol fashioned REVENGE!

Hail

Yah, Seattle is so hot right now. Pete Carroll is the greatest coach ever. We have no chance, we might as well forfeit.

Seahawks fans are the short angry napoleon fans of the NFL. Nobody in the country outside of Seattle cares about their irrelevant football team except them. They are right that they don't get any respect from the national media, and they have every right to be angry :ols:

Seattle. Nobody cares. If you win the Superbowl, people will go back to not caring. Just FYI. I don't think there is a more irrelevant franchise in all of professional sports.

My experience is about the opposite of yours, amigo (and that's fine, I'm not dismissing yours, just stating mine) and it seems about half of the many SEA acquaintances I have are quite concerned that they're slowing down while we're playing out of our minds. And they worry about traveling out here after seeing last night's game. We can take this one, definitely. So they're a very good team, sure, but **** the seahawks. :)

Maybe the Seatlle Supersonics?........oh wait

I've noticed as a west coaster that half the DC fanbase thinks most of the DC franchises are in the "fairly irrelevant" category most of the time :ols:, but I'm lucky.

I have one major national sport I really care about and one team, and that's been painful enough the last 20 years. :)

I also have been beat on with fervor, myself, about DC being the homebase of my team ;), but I tell them no one says worse things about DC than people living around it and they usually will leave me alone (well, that's not the only reason). :pfft:

BUt while we never need to lose our **** dallas and **** mara themes, we must now focus on "**** the seaawks", and I will do my part out here, as the locals who know me expect. :evilg:

Yah, Seattle is so hot right now. Pete Carroll is the greatest coach ever. We have no chance, we might as well forfeit.

Seahawks fans are the short angry napoleon fans of the NFL. Nobody in the country outside of Seattle cares about their irrelevant football team except them. They are right that they don't get any respect from the national media, and they have every right to be angry :ols:

Seattle. Nobody cares. If you win the Superbowl, people will go back to not caring. Just FYI. I don't think there is a more irrelevant franchise in all of professional sports.

Haha, the Boston College of pro sports.

It seems to me that most people around here found the Seahawks to be quite relevant after the 2005 and 2007 seasons. And while the result has yet to be determined, we're kinda relevant right now too.

I hate it right now (like just an hour ago) when they point out to me it was their team that kicked us out of the playoffs that last two times we sniffed it, and they were in a Superbowl a few years ago while it's been over 20 years for us. That changes now!!!!

Sorry, didn't mean to rub salt in any wounds. I just think the whole "irrelevance" thing is silly.

I did mine before yours---your post had nothing we don't allow. :)

And I remember you well as an excellent poster in more than one forum. That said, **** the seahawks!! :evilg: ;)

---------- Post added December-31st-2012 at 01:57 PM ----------

I love that Seattle is the angry little Napolean of fans,according to an angry fan ranting on a forum. Too much! And it would seem we are sorta relevant, with all the talk of "revenge"/ "payback".

You, on the other hand, might want to be careful, even when you think you "have a point." We don't call zoony Hand Grenade for nothing :ols:, and you are in hostile territory for more than one reason. ;)

It seems to me that most people around here found the Seahawks to be quite relevant after the 2005 and 2007 seasons. And while the result has yet to be determined, we're kinda relevant right now too.

National media continues to ignore the Seahawks. It's an irrelevant Team

But nice to see Seahawks trolls coming in here playing the Napoleon part perfectly. Convinced that they must fight the fight on the Internet on rival teams boards. You haven't posted on this site since then. Now here you are again now that the Seahawks are good again. Nice to see. Really

Your Team is absolutely irrelevant. Even when you make the playoffs nobody cares. Nobody even remembers the one time you got to the superbowl. I do take back most irrelevant though. I. think the Jaguars win that contest.

Like I said, Seahawks anger is largely justified. I know I'd be pissed if the team I followed constantly got snubbed by the national media and the country in pro bowl voting, etc.

---------- Post added December-31st-2012 at 05:18 PM ----------

Well if any of what I've said is reason for the Zoony hand grenade let me have it. I meant no disrespect. Just having fun on YOUR board.

Why are you here? To gain acceptance? To grovel to other teams fans hoping you'll be the "cool" opposing team fan? The guy everyone says "hey that guy is classy" or whatever other type of pathetic online acceptance so many people seek? If so, how pathetic is your life?

That's not it then? Well, you must be here to talk football. Are there no Seahawks boards? If that is the case you are admitting the intellectual inferiority of your fanbase by your presence here. Obviously Seahawks fans are too dumb to have a conversation with, so, you're here.

Oh wait. That isn't it. You're here for friendly smack talk, to engage in Internet flame wars about your favorite football team with people you don't know. Now THAT is a noble pursuit. You're not a loser.

I don't think I could have worded it better, this is EXACTLY right (as far as my personal experience). :ols:

Just for the record, to prove how ridiculous so many Seahawks fans are: I have not talked to my ex in-laws in a long time, but felt it was poor form to delete them from my facebook account. I swear to crap, the SECOND we won our game last night, they (all Seahawks fans from WA) started talking **** to me through text message and on facebook. Stuf like "Hi Redskins, Meet the Seahawks. We're gonna stomp you." And my personal fave among many of the doozies: "we're 8-0 at home." :ols: Hi, your home record is irrelevant at this point...can you please send me something even more stupid? Oh, that's not possible? Ok.

In other news, after yesterday I have about 10 less facebook "friends" now and a clear conscience about it.

EDIT: To be fair about things and nice...I know not all Hawks fans are beavises. And I know my issues with Seahawks fans likely stem from a little different arena of humanoid relations :) ...so I will recognize that. All that said, **** the Seahawks :)

My experience is about the opposite of yours, amigo (and that's fine, I'm not dismissing yours, just stating mine) and it seems about half of the many SEA acquaintances I have are quite concerned that they're slowing down while we're playing out of our minds. And they worry about traveling out here after seeing last night's game. We can take this one, definitely. So they're a very good team, sure, but **** the seahawks. :)

I've noticed my WA state in-laws have been very quiet this time around. I think they are worried.

National media continues to ignore the Seahawks. It's an irrelevant Team

But nice to see Seahawks trolls coming in here playing the Napoleon part perfectly. Convinced that they must fight the fight on the Internet on rival teams boards. You haven't posted on this site since then. Now here you are again now that the Seahawks are good again. Nice to see. Really

Your Team is absolutely irrelevant. Even when you make the playoffs nobody cares. Nobody even remembers the one time you got to the superbowl. I do take back most irrelevant though. I. think the Jaguars win that contest.

Like I said, Seahawks anger is largely justified. I know I'd be pissed if the team I followed constantly got snubbed by the national media and the country in pro bowl voting, etc.

Believe it or not, I have a life that gives me enough other things to do than hang out on a Redskins board 24/7. I actually intended to post here earlier this season to congratulate you on some of the successes you have had this year. I just never got around to it because up until now, the Redskins haven't been relevant. :pfft:

Also believe it or not, I'm not angry about the Seahawks being ignored by the national media. Not even a little bit. If I did care about what the rest of the country thinks about the Seahawks, I probably would have a Napoleon complex of some sort. And there are quite a few Seahawks fans who play the can't-get-no-respect card on the Seahawks forums whether it's merited or not. It gets pedantic.

However, I can't help but think that similar stuff happens here. It is the inevitable byproduct of being a divisional also-ran -- something both teams have experience with.

I have to take issue with your use of the term "troll" -- since what you wrote was in direct response to my post, I can only assume you were using it to characterize me or my posts. I have been a member here for a long time, and I have never been anything other than respectful toward the Redskins or Redskins fans. I don't post here as much as I used to, but I still hold your team and your fans in fairly high regard.

I've noticed my WA state in-laws have been very quiet this time around. I think they are worried.

I just had a phone call from two devout hawk fans that are long-time friends and they told me yesterday eliminated any doubts they had about the 'skins (they both have been big on RG3 since the beginning--one is a serious college ball guy and followed him at Baylor) and one has been big on Kyle's p[lay-calling for us this year. They and their gang have a generally higher opinion of Haz then we do, and think he's been making miracles out of so so talent, but now are saying our talent on D seems better to them than they realized. They think Morris is a monster. Shana is also well respected out here. They are concerned. So is my nephew and his buds I just visited (all 20-something madden/hawks fans-- Crazy pot-smoking kids).

By the way, I love your sig!

I'm not surprised. ;)

BTW, I called the Wilson pick for you guys, and in pre-season posted that you'd give SF a challenge for the division. However, a couple years ago I also said Carroll was a big mistake. Can't get 'em all right. :ols:

I want to beat your team sooooo badly, and laugh at my friends' tears. :) :evilg:

I want to beat your team sooooo badly, and laugh at my friends' tears. :) :evilg:

I'm guessing that I probably don't want my team to beat yours as much as you want your team to beat mine. That's not saying anything about my Seahawk fandom, it's just recognition about how intensely you guys want it, given our teams' playoff history.

And I completely understand the schadenfreude. Most Seahawk fans felt the same way about the angst felt by 49er fans after we smoked them.

BTW, I really love how much people around the NFL hate Pete Carroll, and wish him failure. That's a never-ending source of entertainment for me personally.

My sister's boyfriend is a Seahawks fan, from the Seattle area. He is a pretty cool dude though, a fan of the NFL and pretty knowledgeable overall. We had a little banter back and forth today but I told him to give me today/tonight to celebrate the NFC East crown, tomorrow to recover from NYE party...and then beginning Wednesday we can put our game faces on and let the real back and forth start going. He laughed and agreed.

As far as the game itself, is there a curse from the Football gods that has the 'Skins using an injured QB or a backup QB every time we have play the Seahawks in the playoffs? First it was Brunell hobbling around without the use of a leg, then Todd Collins was playing for injured Campbell, and now RG3 by all indications will not be 100% for the game either.

I still think the 'Skins can pull it off at home, but sheesh, the Seahawks always seem to run into our team at the right time. Wow.

I don't really feel like doing a breakdown of the game yet, (see first paragraph of post), but I'll just say I am a little more confident than I expected to be at this point. That may change by kickoff, or be reinforced. Too soon to tell.

In the end, for ANY team, it matters not who cares about what they accomplish, only THAT they accomplish.

And, for my money, even if the Hawks go out in the first round, it's apparent that they are building a strong, young core that should compete for years to come and that's a BIG accomplishment and a lot to look forward to ... something worth caring about

:)

Archived