Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Do You Think About the Chippiness/Taunting/****-Talking?

PleaseBlitz

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Happens every game now. This week Garcon got hit with a 15 yard penalty and I thought all hell was going to break loose after the Moss fumble that Garcon recovered. Garcon has been great since his return, not sure I am a fan of his spinning the ball and pointing at it after 10 yard gains at midfield.

Last week with the Ravens there was a considerable amount of extra-curriculars.

Obviously Josh Morgan cost us a game taunting an opponent earlier in the year.

The Skins lead the league in Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalties, with 5. Only 6 other teams have more than 2.

On the one hand, I love that this team isn't taking **** from anyone, teams growing from bad to good need to have that attitude. On the other hand, there is no need to taunt, and getting hit with 15 yard penalties is pretty dumb. Im surprised that a team whose leaders are RGIII and London Fletcher would regularly have these episodes.

So, Im on the fence on this one, just seeing what everyone else thinks.

In the case of the one today, I felt like THEIR guy was the one who should have been flagged. Was it Jackson? Can't remember. Also noticed he was giving extra shoves after the play the whole game, similar to what was going on in that Rams game when Morgan snapped, baby cheap shots - not enough for the refs to notice but enough to piss our guys off and trigger an incident (that the refs DO notice).

In the case of the one today, I felt like THEIR guy was the one who should have been flagged. Was it Jackson? Can't remember. Also noticed he was giving extra shoves after the play the whole game, similar to what was going on in that Rams game when Morgan snapped, baby cheap shots - not enough for the refs to notice but enough to piss our guys off and trigger an incident (that the refs DO notice).

Hmm. I thought today Garcon deserved it, although the guy did shove him afterwards, so that could have been offsetting penalties. Against the Rams it was Cortland Finnegan, who is probably the NFL's king of doing that kind of ****. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-71mGtFQVSw

I'm fine with the attitude and not taking crap, having confidence and showing you won't back down and also having swagger so long as their play backs it up. But when it leads to a foolish act like what Morgan did vs. the Rams that crosses the line (though Morgan was being aggravated). Garcon's penalty was pretty ticky-tacky IMO.

In the Rams game it was very chippy from the whistle . Durring the time the refs were discussing the Morgan penalty there was Long taunting our bench - that was noticed but nothing done about it ... what was crazy was he was told to move away and stop it - but paid no attention to the referee .. just goes to show how unevenly these kinds of penalties are doled out .

Today TJ Ward and Haden both engaged in taunting and were not called. I wouldn't mind it if they just let it go and it was just some shoves and trash talk. The problem is, it escalates into other things and cheap shots (or starts with cheap shots and that's why there is trash talk going on, people are upset.)

I appreciate their passion, and appreciate it even when they are penalized for it.

They're not doing it maliciously or just being TOish, they're doing it because they're jelling together as a team that wants to win.

So while it stings when they ARE penalized for it, I take the good with the bad. Because overall, they're doing really really good, and its a great time to be a fan of the Washington Redskins.

GOOD teams with admired QB's don't do it (not saying RGIII not admired, just young)... Pats, Broncos.... I've always gone on the side of Art Monk, act like you have been there before, hand the ball to the ref. The fans cheer whether or not you spin the ball. I live in Charlotte, and people around here hate it when Newton does his little pointing for a first down like he just won the game in the first quarter. Where was all this ball spinning when they played the Steelers, when they dropped double digit passes?

GOOD teams with admired QB's don't do it (not saying RGIII not admired, just young)... Pats, Broncos.... I've always gone on the side of Art Monk, act like you have been there before, hand the ball to the ref. The fans cheer whether or not you spin the ball. I live in Charlotte, and people around here hate it when Newton does his little pointing for a first down like he just won the game in the first quarter. Where was all this ball spinning when they played the Steelers, when they dropped double digit passes?

You've clearly never watched Gronk or Hernandez before...

I don't have a problem with Moss and Garcon or whoever spinning the ball. Just don't do what Garcon did today-point at it and trash talk the defensive guy right in front of the official. Those are dumb mistakes.

Btw, we lead the league in penalties, period, if I'm not mistaken. Guys have just got to play smarter out there.

I don't have a problem with Moss and Garcon or whoever spinning the ball. Just don't do what Garcon did today-point at it and trash talk the defensive guy right in front of the official. Those are dumb mistakes.

Btw, we lead the league in penalties, period, if I'm not mistaken. Guys have just got to play smarter out there.

I agree that Garcon deserved the penalty. Moss never talks to the defense after he spins the ball. The biggest problem I have is that if you call that one you have to call the Browns on about four penalties. Ward could have gotten a couple and Jackson a couple as well, including going after Morris after his first touchdown. The biggest one though was Haden right after Garcon was flag clearly was taunting him. If you are going to call Garcon you absolutely have to call Haden.

Every NFL team gets chippy every now and then, especially division games or games where there are high stakes. This is football not a poker game. I have no problem with it as long as it is kept in control by the refs.

I agree with the last sentence immeasurably.

The referees yesterday did a TERRIBLE job of holding the game together. I felt like they were the replacements all over again.

What Garcon did was fine. He does it after every catch... that was a stupid flag and the refs in that game were terrible anyways...

1) that call was horrible

2) the Garcon catch that was reviewed was a horrible call

3) the pass intereference that wasn't called was horrible

4) the pass intereference that was called illegal contact was horrible

This officiating crew was bad.

I'm fine with attitude and aggression but be smart.

And as much as I love Garcon and Moss, now way would the Redskins greatest ever receiver, Art Monk, have broken out a ball spin celebration just for making a 1st down catch. In fact, he rarely did it for TDs. "Act like you've been there before".

I guess that is just part of the modern NFL though.

What Garcon did was fine. He does it after every catch... that was a stupid flag and the refs in that game were terrible anyways...

1) that call was horrible

2) the Garcon catch that was reviewed was a horrible call

3) the pass intereference that wasn't called was horrible

4) the pass intereference that was called illegal contact was horrible

This officiating crew was bad.

That's what I was thinking. Almost every call went against us. The only one that went for us was the reversed Brown's td. How you call defensive holding with the ball in the air and landing inches away from Garcon with the guy still tugging on him is unbelievable. That drive the refs really tried to prevent the Redskins from scoring. Every time we moved up, they pushed em back. On the taunting, Garcon was shoved said something and immediately walked away, there was no escalation, no threat of a fight... so, I thought we were getting the advantage because their guy hit our guy and the only thing our guy did was say something back.

Terrible.

Archived