Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Man stabs 22 children at China primary school

thebluefood

http://za.news.yahoo.com/man-stabs-22-children-china-primary-school-105339444.html

A man stabbed 22 primary school students in a knife attack in China on Friday, officials said, the latest in a series of assaults.

The attacker "has been detained", said a spokesman for the Guangshan county government in the central province of Henan, where the stabbing happened.

"Twenty-two elementary school students were stabbed, so was an adult villager" but none of the victims died, the official, who declined to give his name, told AFP.

When will the madness end?

^ When someone says something moronic like, "better ban knives too," then I have to respond.

Like seriously? You are trying to make that comparison? It's such stupid logic.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Chinese children. My thoughts and prayers go out to anyone affected by violence.

This is so damn sad. all of this. it's extremely hard not to cry at work. and i dont have kids, and im not one to normally cry at the horrors of the world, but this is just hard to take.

Which is exactly where I am today. My daughter might be in Kindergarten next year. I don't worry for her safety (because if I did I'd be a mess 100% of the time), but it's very hard to take today.

In China, Newtown hits home

As in the US, some Chinese pointed to the stark difference in death tolls as an illustration of the differences in gun policies between the two countries. (The Chinese government bans gun ownership outright.)

“They should learn from us and adopt gun control,” wrote one user from the Xicheng district of Beijing.

Yet these arguments were less numerous than people in the US might have guessed. Instead, many netizens in China were pointing out a different contrast: the relative lack of information about China’s own rampage. In fact, many directed their anger at the state-run news agencies for playing up America’s tragedy while ignoring their own.

In the days following both attacks, China’s state-run media focused heavily on America’s tragedy, and provided very little real reporting on the school stabbings in Henan.

Outgoing President Hu Jintao sent his condolences to Obama, but has not made any public statement on the Henan attack. Xinhua news agency published an editorial urging Obama to “make preparation for a protracted war” to pass better gun-safety laws in America. Yet local Chinese news stations, following an apparent prohibition, did not report the names of China’s wounded children — some of whom lost fingers or ears — and have not been able to confirm whether or not the attacker had a mental illness.

(Midday on Monday, Xinhua reported that the man had been "affected by rumors of the upcoming end of the world predicted by ancient prophecy.")

China has suffered a series of attacks against children in the last several years, raising questions about whether those suffering from mental illness are receiving adequate treatment.

Some Chinese critics argue that the public now knows more about Adam Lanza and Sandy Hook elementary than they do about the crime in their own country.

“Yesterday, I watched an entire day’s worth of CCTV4 news. I watched how America is in chaos and an abyss of suffering, with guns spreading unchecked, and had no idea whatsoever about the extremely tragic crime in Henan!,” wrote one user on Weibo, in a translation by ChinaSmack.

Click on the link for the full article

In China, Newtown hits home

As in the US, some Chinese pointed to the stark difference in death tolls as an illustration of the differences in gun policies between the two countries. (The Chinese government bans gun ownership outright.)

“They should learn from us and adopt gun control,” wrote one user from the Xicheng district of Beijing.

Yet these arguments were less numerous than people in the US might have guessed. Instead, many netizens in China were pointing out a different contrast: the relative lack of information about China’s own rampage. In fact, many directed their anger at the state-run news agencies for playing up America’s tragedy while ignoring their own.

In the days following both attacks, China’s state-run media focused heavily on America’s tragedy, and provided very little real reporting on the school stabbings in Henan.

Outgoing President Hu Jintao sent his condolences to Obama, but has not made any public statement on the Henan attack. Xinhua news agency published an editorial urging Obama to “make preparation for a protracted war” to pass better gun-safety laws in America. Yet local Chinese news stations, following an apparent prohibition, did not report the names of China’s wounded children — some of whom lost fingers or ears — and have not been able to confirm whether or not the attacker had a mental illness.

(Midday on Monday, Xinhua reported that the man had been "affected by rumors of the upcoming end of the world predicted by ancient prophecy.")

China has suffered a series of attacks against children in the last several years, raising questions about whether those suffering from mental illness are receiving adequate treatment.

Some Chinese critics argue that the public now knows more about Adam Lanza and Sandy Hook elementary than they do about the crime in their own country.

“Yesterday, I watched an entire day’s worth of CCTV4 news. I watched how America is in chaos and an abyss of suffering, with guns spreading unchecked, and had no idea whatsoever about the extremely tragic crime in Henan!,” wrote one user on Weibo, in a translation by ChinaSmack.

Click on the link for the full article

One of Jesus' many proverbs says that before one can take a spec out of his brother's eye, he must take the plank out of his own. While one can say both the United States and China have planks their respective eyes, the principal remains the same.

Both incidences are tragic.

Archived