Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Irrelevant power ranking nonsense

benskins26

We haven't had a good old fashioned power ranking ***** fest in a while(mostly because who could argue with us being 25+ the last few years), and I know they are completely irrelevant, but could someone please explain to me Pete Prisco's rankings this week?

Cowboys, up 4 spots to 12 after trailing a sliding cincy team the entire game. Skins DOWN a spot to 15? Are these rankings based on popular opinion? Or other factors like is rg3 playing? (Only thing the blurb says about us). This just makes absolutely zero sense.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21358708/power-rankings-finding-faith-in-the-falcons

We haven't had a good old fashioned power ranking ***** fest in a while(mostly because who could argue with us being 25+ the last few years), and I know they are completely irrelevant, but could someone please explain to me Pete Prisco's rankings this week?

Cowboys, up 4 spots to 12 after trailing a sliding cincy team the entire game. Skins DOWN a spot to 15? Are these rankings based on popular opinion? Or other factors like is rg3 playing? (Only thing the blurb says about us). This just makes absolutely zero sense.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21358708/power-rankings-finding-faith-in-the-falcons

It was written by Pete Prisco. He's a huge Skins hater.

Yeah that makes zero sense. We beat them. Our win streak is longer. We beat a better team on Sunday. And our remaining schedule is easier. No matter which way you approach power rankings there is no reason for Dallas to be ahead. But whatever. I think #14 is the right spot, although the Bears are about to plummet if they lose again. Same with the Giants.

Let's be honest, almost every sports writer/commentator/analyst/reporter has a favorite team and a bias.

They all grew up as kids watching a team, well, I assume most didn't just get into football and decide to report on it when they were in their 20's.

Like Republicans and Democrats, almost all of them say they aren't biased, and that they just state the truth and the facts, while nothing could be further from the truth.

But if they come out and say the truth, no one would listen to them because they'd figure, eh, it's just another homer.

Oh, politics, is there anything you can't **** up?

But whatever. I think #14 is the right spot, although the Bears are about to plummet if they lose again.

Well, we just moved down to the 15 spot. :)

This is the second time Prisco has moved us down after a win. And he moved us down during our bye week too. Guy just doesn't like us.

One of the comments hit the nail on the head: "I don't know how Prisco even takes himself seriously!" This guy is like that homer-fan friend that refuses, just refuses, to give ANY credit, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. He is a joke, and should just be ignored.

I suspect it has to do with Griffin being hurt. That would hurt our "power" rankings. However, Dallas' rise is a bit silly.

We just beat the #7 Giants, #8 Ravens, and #12 Cowboys three weeks in a row, and he drops us to #15? You'd think the halfwit would explicitly say Griffin being out is the cause if it was his reasoning. What a twit that Prisco is.

We just beat the #7 Giants, #8 Ravens, and #12 Cowboys three weeks in a row, and he drops us to #15? You'd think the halfwit would explicitly say Griffin being out is the cause if it was his reasoning. What a twit that Prisco is.

Can't really argue with that.

Who really cares...power rankings mean nothing. This is not the BCS where they rank you based on "how you played." Let's go out there and handle our business, win these last three games and march into the playoffs.

Well, it's football. None of it REALLY matters.

We want our team to win because we want our team to get respect. When our team wins and doesn't get respect ... it's gonna rankle a bit.

You are correct, it's not a huge deal. But it's something to talk about between games. :)

Well, it's football. None of it REALLY matters.

We want our team to win because we want our team to get respect. When our team wins and doesn't get respect ... it's gonna rankle a bit.

You are correct, it's not a huge deal. But it's something to talk about between games. :)

I hear ya Henry. I honestly stopped caring the Prisco has to say anymore. He's a douche /story

The only rankings that matter:

1. Atlanta 11-2

2. San Fran 9-3-1

3. Green Bay 9-4

4. NYG 8-5

5 seatlle 8-5

6 Chicago 8-5

7 'Skins 7-6

8 Dallas 7-6

9 Minn 7-6

10 St. Louis 6-7

11 TB 6-7

NO, Carolina, Detroit, Arizona and Philly are all 5 wins or less, and basically are eliminated from the playoffs.

Nothing else matters. Priscoe can go shove it where the sun don't shine.

I suspect it has to do with Griffin being hurt. That would hurt our "power" rankings. However, Dallas' rise is a bit silly.

I would think that too, but he isnt taking into account Dez Bryant's injury. He is a terrible writer. He takes one injury into account and not another. Dallas wouldnt be anywhere without Dez playing the way he has been. Either way, power rankings, when we are playing this good, means nothing to me.

---------- Post added December-11th-2012 at 10:33 AM ----------

The only rankings that matter:

1. Atlanta 11-2

2. San Fran 9-3-1

3. Green Bay 9-4

4. NYG 8-5

5 seatlle 8-5

6 Chicago 8-5

7 'Skins 7-6

8 Dallas 7-6

9 Minn 7-6

10 St. Louis 6-7

11 TB 6-7

NO, Carolina, Detroit, Arizona and Philly are all 5 wins or less, and basically are eliminated from the playoffs.

Nothing else matters. Priscoe can go shove it where the sun don't shine.

Spot on. Hail.

Archived