Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cam Newton reportedly targeted at Pro Bowl last year

Mad Mike

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000106171/article/cam-newton-reportedly-targeted-at-pro-bowl-last-year

Original article...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21274642/unpopular-newton-received-rough-treatment-from-other-players-during-pro-bowl

Curiosity got the best of me. And now I know why Newton had to deal with that type of heat -- including being slung down in the third quarter by Antonio Smith of the Texans after one pass and being sacked on a hard spin rush by Denver's Von Miller.

The reason: Newton dissed some of his brethren at the Pro Bowl.

According to several players in the game, some from both teams, Newton's standoffish, diva ways made him enemy No. 1 in the eyes of some of the players.

"He was a total ----hole," one AFC player said. "Who did he think he was? He acted like the big ****. Here he was at his first game and he acted like he was the star. Guys didn't like that."

The Pro Bowl is a laid-back game, one for relaxing, spending time with your peers and unwinding after a tough season. The resort where players are housed is for them and their families only to prevent fan interference.

So when Newton turned down one player's request for an autograph and a picture for his kids at a function, it angered the player.

"Who the hell did he think they were?" said one player. "The only people around are families. He knew that. Yet he big-timed the guy by saying 'now's not the time.'"

That player said Newton did the unthinkable and even dissed Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis.

"That's the godfather there," one player said. "Can you believe he did that?"

Said another player: "It didn't matter who it was, he didn't care about anybody but himself."

Why am I not surprised.?

Another reason I blow off anyone that tries to compare Newton and Vick to RG3. Not even mentioning the in-game differences that are apparent to anyone that spends just a few minutes not banking on prejudices, RG3 knows how to be a great human being, and how to be a leader. Vick nor Newton will ever be that.

I don't care that he dissed Ray Lewis because Ray Ray annoys the crap out of me, but turning down an autograph for a fellow player's kids? That's a dick move.

Why does Ray Lewis annoy people? To a man, he's probably the most respected player in the NFL. I just don't get it.

the pro bowl was in February, its December... no agenda here, right?

Im not saying Cam isnt a primadona, but this is a weird time for this article to come out.

Not only that, its funny how we dont like players to hide behind the "sources" tag until a story that we like comes out. :ols:

---------- Post added December-5th-2012 at 03:50 PM ----------

Another reason I blow off anyone that tries to compare Newton and Vick to RG3. Not even mentioning the in-game differences that are apparent to anyone that spends just a few minutes not banking on prejudices, RG3 knows how to be a great human being, and how to be a leader. Vick nor Newton will ever be that.

what in the world does Vick have to do with this article? :ols:

which happened 12 years ago, and he has admitted was a terrible error and the family of the guy killed has forgiven Ray Lewis.

I hope no one holds bad acts you did 12 years ago against you today.

Your right...we should have a max sentence of 12 years for anyone in jail if they say they are sorry....BTW -They "Forgave him" only if by that you mean "Settled their civil law suit for large sums".

Sorry to derail threads...If you want to like him, no problem. But you cant ask "Why do people hate on him".

clearly not what I said.

All I know is that the people who matter, the families, have forgiven him. Because of that, I forgive Ray Lewis. Maybe you should too.

If he gives me at least 1 million dollars, like he did the families, he will be my best friend forever :)

ok - Back to Cam......

which happened 12 years ago, and he has admitted was a terrible error and the family of the guy killed has forgiven Ray Lewis.

I hope no one holds bad acts you did 12 years ago against you today.

I totally agree. It seems that forgive and forget only works for some people while others are vilified for the rest of their lives. Interesting. Like you said, it was 12 years ago. The man made a mistake. Let it go.

If he gives me at least 1 million dollars, like he did the families, he will be my best friend forever :)

you have less backbone than the families did because they only publicly forgave Lewis a couple of years ago.

So then you're in agreement with everyone that he's an immature dick?

I think he is immature. I have said that throughout. I dont understand the point of this article coming out 10 months later. And I dont like how people like to believe "sources" now after shouting against it before.

I totally agree. It seems that forgive and forget only works for some people while others are vilified for the rest of their lives. Interesting. Like you said, it was 12 years ago. The man made a mistake. Let it go.

dude, people are hypocrites. Thats the only way I see things. We all are hypocrites, but usually the ones who shout the loudest are the biggest.

you have less backbone than the families did because they only publicly forgave Lewis a couple of years ago.

Yeah...well he didnt kill my family member so I have less to forgive him for.

Dude -Chill - You (or the other poster) ASKED why people hate on Ray Lewis. I'm giving you the answer. Just because you dont agree with it doesnt mean its not the answer.

Yeah...well he didnt kill my family member so I have less to forgive him for.

Dude -Chill - You (or the other poster) ASKED why people hate on Ray Lewis. I'm giving you the answer. Just because you dont agree with it doesnt mean its not the answer.

so you have less to forgive him for, yet they let it go while you're still mad? Ok

Yeah, I will let it go because you've shown yourself here. :ols:

The writer of the article is our friend, Pete Prisco.

so you have less to forgive him for, yet they let it go while you're still mad? Ok

Yeah, I will let it go because you've shown yourself here. :ols:

The writer of the article is our friend, Pete Prisco.

Yes..I have shown myself! I am up all hours of night mad at Ray Lewis "Grrrrrrrr"...

I figured something weird was going on when I was watching the game. When he came in, it seemed like everyone started playing like it was a real game. Even the commentators were talking about it. I figured they were just making him "Earn his stripes," so to speak, since he was one of those Alternate Alternate Alternate's Alternate players, and was a rookie on top of it.

The thing that pisses me off the most about Cam is that it seems like he worries about his celebrations more than being a good NFL QB. I can see him behind his center thinking, "OMGGZ1!11! If we get a first down, I can do my stupid first down celebration!" or, "OK, our team really needs this. I hope to God I get into the end zone so I can do my Superman." It's just so robotic and planned, zero passion for the game. It's all about him. After seeing how he acted last season, I want nothing but the worst for him.

Archived