Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Kicking off the NFC playoff standings (Redskins Impacted By "Fail Mary" play)

E-Dog Night

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/50222/kicking-off-the-nfc-playoff-standings

The usual disclaimer - I searched electronically and also scanned the thread titles and didn't see see this posted.

But here's the deal - if the playoffs started today, the Redskins should be in the 6th wildcard position. But they aren't. By virtue of the "Fail Mary" play where the Seahawks were erroneously given a TD against the Packers on the game's final play in week 3, they now hove the 6th position and the Redskins are in 7th.

Something to watch as the season progresses.

We take care of business, and there's a very good chance that it won't matter. The Giants will lose at least one, if not two of their last four games. The Seahawks could lose one or two games.

Like I said before the Giants game, if we won that (which we did), we are in a better position to make the playoffs than New York (despite being one game back).

Thing that sucks is that they have a very winnable schedule from here on out.

vs ARI

@ BUFF

vs SF

vs STL

They always play well at home and they will have 3 home games. Not sure if we will be able to catch them for the wildcard.

Thing that sucks is that they have a very winnable schedule from here on out.

vs ARI

@ BUFF

vs SF

vs STL

They always play well at home and they will have 3 home games. Not sure if we will be able to catch them for the wildcard.

I feel like they could drop 3 of those games. Buffalo in December is no walk in the park. SF is very strong, and STL has been surprising teams all year and have a great defense.

I full expect the 'Hawks to beat the Cards this week, but next three?

As mediocre as Buffalo is, the Seahawk have to travel across the country.

SF and STL are vs divisional opponents. I think we saw from the STL vs SF games, that anything is possible and records should be thrown out.

Not that I don't agree that they have an extremely win-out-able schedule. Just trying to find a forward looking silver lining...

Do not count the Bears out of losing 3 out of their last 4. Not likely, but you just never know. 3 road games and GB at home.

Sun 12/9 Minnesota Vikings at Minnesota

Sun 12/16 Green Bay Packers Green Bay

Sun 12/23 Arizona Cardinals at Arizona

Sun 12/30 Detroit Lions at Detroit

Hmmm...I could see them losing to all except maybe Arizona and possibly Minny

Archived