Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colin Cowherd: RG3 can't hold a candle to Andrew Luck

SanfordJay

Can anyone tell me why Mr Colin Cowherd flat out won't give the Redskins any credit for anything. I just heard him on NY ESPN.....all he could say was that RG3 can't hold a candle to Andrew Luck.

His reasoning is that RG3 always goes to his first read, while AL has the ability to progress thru all of his reads before making a decision. Supposedly, RG3 can't do that yet.

Also, AL is being asked to take the game onto his shoulders and win....example 50 attempts per game (a good way to justify 21 turnovers 16 ints/5 fumbles).

Just wondering......

Can anyone tell me why Mr Colin Cowherd flat out won't give the Redskins any credit for anything. I just heard him on NY ESPN.....all he could say was that RG3 can't hold a candle to Andrew Luck.

His reasoning is that RG3 always goes to his first read, while AL has the ability to progress thru all of his reads before making a decision. Supposedly, RG3 can't do that yet.

Also, AL is being asked to take the game onto his shoulders and win....example 50 attempts per game (a good way to justify 21 turnovers 16 ints/5 fumbles).

Just wondering......

who cares what that clown thinks, I just hope RGIII takes us to the playoffs and gets us further than Luck

What's interesting about the "taking the game on his shoulders" remark is that Griffin is responsible for reading the DL on most rushing plays too. So, he has to make a quick decision on whether to hand the ball to Morris or keep it. On running plays, Luck has no responsibility outside of a clean hand-off. So, even if Griffin is throwing less, he's much more involved in seeing that the running game is executed properly.

I think Katt Williams said it best:

“Understand ****** is gonna hate you regardless, get that out of your head that fantasy world where ****** ain't hating on you. You gotta to be grateful, you need haters, wtf is you complaining about, wtf do you think a hater's job is?! If you got 14 hating on you, you need to figure out how the **** to get to 16 before the summer get here! If you got nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me, say my hair ain't luxurious when you know it is *****!"

Does Cowherd watch the coaches film? If not, then his opinion is irrelevant. You cannot see a quarterbacks progression from a television angle. Period.

Throwing 50 times per game does not justify having that many turnovers. Check how many times Brady throws per game, Rodgers throws per game. Why the hell would we throw 50 times per game if we have the best rushin game in the NFL?

I don't see how these people are paid to write.

His reasoning is that RG3 always goes to his first read, while AL has the ability to progress thru all of his reads before making a decision.

Problem is, a lot of Luck's decisions, are the wrong ones (16 INT, 5 fumbles). He leads the NFL in turnovers.

who cares what that clown thinks, I just hope RGIII takes us to the playoffs and gets us further than Luck

I care. The fact that everyone is conveniently ignoring the hole Luck puts his team in with his untimely turnovers and there ridiculously easy schedule irks me. There is no statistical evidence whatsoever to suggest Luck is playing close to RGIII, as a matter of fact there is no statistical evidence to suggest Luck is playing as well as Wilson. At this point anyone suggesting Luck is playing better than RGIII really needs to have there motives checked.

Just wondering......

hmmm. Coward is not entirely wrong. But what he is not saying (if that was the entire premise of the quote) is that RGIII isn't asked to go through progressions like AL is. First things first, and Gruden said it last night. Luck probably could not do the same things RGIII is doing with Washington had the Skins drafted him. Likewise RGIII, would not be able to do the same thing Luck is with the Colts, if he were on Indy. An underlying fact is that, they are not asked to. They are two different players. Kudos to the respective coaching staffs for recognizing that.

I listened to it as well. He was even a dick to Joey T when he called in to the show,

Cowturd is a known Redskin hater and Cowpuke lover. He has fallen so far from significance I am supirsed he still has a show. He is in Steven A Smith company.

Stephen A gives RG3 mad props. Granted, he still thinks Luck is a little better. However, Skip Bayless now has a new mancrush. He can't stop talking about Griffin on First Take.:ols:

hmmm. Coward is not entirely wrong. But what he is not saying (if that was the entire premise of the quote) is that RGIII isn't asked to go through progressions like AL is. First things first, and Gruden said it last night. Luck probably could not do the same things RGIII is doing with Washington had the Skins drafted him. Likewise RGIII, would not be able to do the same thing Luck is with the Colts, if he were on Indy. An underlying fact is that, they are not asked to. They are two different players. Kudos to the respective coaching staffs for recognizing that.

Why couldn't rg3 do what Luck is doing? What evidence proves that ?

What's interesting about the "taking the game on his shoulders" remark is that Griffin is responsible for reading the DL on most rushing plays too. So, he has to make a quick decision on whether to hand the ball to Morris or keep it. On running plays, Luck has no responsibility outside of a clean hand-off. So, even if Griffin is throwing less, he's much more involved in seeing that the running game is executed properly.
Yup. And Bayless pointed out this very thing to Stephen A Smith today. He said how it's amazing that Griffin only has 6 turnovers.

Stephen A gives RG3 mad props. Granted, he still thinks Luck is a little better. However, Skip Bayless now has a new mancrush. He can't stop talking about Griffin on First Take.:ols:

SAS does love some RG3, but I think he is as forgetable as Cowturd as a sports person

Bayless has gone crazy and i like it!

Watch the NFl pregames this weekend, Ditka also has been throwing some RG love around

Just wondering......

Excellent! My plan is working perfectly. Moohaahaaha (insert sinister laugh)!! Let these guys constantly underestimate the Skins! Then, when we succeed we can all laugh in their pie holes while they make excuses for being wrong.

Yup. And Bayless pointed out this very thing to Stephen A Smith today. He said how it's amazing that Griffin only has 6 turnovers.

So, Griffin makes just as many "read" decisions as Luck, has fewer turnovers, and is partially responsible for our ridiculous rushing totals. I think they stack up pretty well (I think Luck is phenomenal too).

Archived