Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I the only worried about the hype of RG3 in this game and a possible let down?

redskins4ever28

Maybe its just because Im a Redskin fan and Im used to being letdown, but I just was on NFL.com and there is now an article about how all the Giants players are giving praise to RG3 and how they fear him etc; It just seems to me that they are just building and building this up and its going to really suck if he does bad and we have a massive let down Monday Night. I pray it doesnt happen,m but it just seems like, as a Redskin fan, this is always what happens. Last year we were 3-1 going into the bye and you really thought we had something, and then bam, we go 2-10 the rest of the season When McNabb came, we beat the Cowboys opening night and again we thought maybe we had something, of course then we all know how that turned out. I LOVE Rg3, and I LOVE this team, I love what Shanny has done, but I wish all these reporters would just shut up because its like the more they build something up, the more it makes me worry its going to be a giant let down... I cant be the only Skins fan who thinks this way right? Given this teams past, Im not the only one, am I?

RG3 has yet to have a let down game this year. Now his teammates on the other hand...

But I think having Garcon back really spurred on the other receivers last week. I'm hoping that continues. And if the defense can eliminate giving up the big play, I think our odds are very good.

Last year we were 3-1 going into the bye and you really thought we had something

Anybody that thought we "had something" last year was not paying attention. If the 3-1 start had people get their expectations up, it is their own fault.

RG3 is an outstanding player. I have no idea what he will bring on Monday, but he's a gamer and I expect him to play well. My biggest concern as a fan going into Monday, is that I feel like we could play well and still lose. Our holes on defense are still glaring. If we can get She-li to cough it up a couple of times, I really like our chances. If we don't force any turnovers, I think we put up some points and still fall short.

Well we cant worry about things we cant control.

I will say this....everyone here/Redskins fans across the country have been wanting a Superstar QB for years...decades maybe even. We've been in the doghouse as a franchise for nearly 2 decades it feels. The RG3 hype was out of control leading to the draft and even after. So what happens...? RG3 goes out this year and becomes "RG3" the NFL STAR. Period. He goes out on a national stage on Turkey day in front of the country on what was apparently the highest rated game on FOX this Fall and has a HUGE game. He turned up the hype and excitement up a notch and it just so happens that he plays the Super Bowl Champs the following week on MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. You honestly couldnt have concocted a scenario this good. I dont know whats going to happen on Monday...he may dominate, may lay an egg but you got to embrace the RG3 hype that is currently at full volume. Would you rather it be this way or being dogged for 24 hrs a day on espn, radio, in the papers and by the media in general?

If RG3 and the Redskins dont win and "IF" RG3 has a bad game then it will go down as a learning experience. Regardless, embrace the hype, he's certainly deserved it. And we have deserved it as fans of a team that has had hardly any good publicity whatsover in the recent past. HTTR!

Sounds crazy, but Monday night's game comes down to the fans in attendance. I have been in that stadium when the opposing team simply could not function because of the crowd noise (see Dallas, 2005). That stadium has the capability of being insanely loud, and I think it will be on Monday night. This might be the first game in years where we will have a true home field advantage.

You go into a thread and the first response is by "Bacon" and the second response is a Star Wars reference. See, these are the type of things I can get behind.

To the OP, no I am not concerned. Yes, we have a history of let downs and being 26, it's really all I have ever known. But I really believe things are changing and I want our guy to be the hype and the media darling for once.

I love every second of it and if he has a bad game, which he will at times, I don't care because like a rollercoaster when you're down, you know you are about to be up again. Only with RG3 the highs stick around for a long time..

They are the ones doing all the talking not us. Just go on the breaking news section and most of the articles are Giant's players talking about the Skins... I'm pretty sure I know which team is "worried" going into Monday. We're not the ones losing sleep over this game they are, because they know they barely pulled that last game out of their ass and we are much better than we were when we played them. Also, Pierre is back, the OL is gelling together, and although our defense is still not where it should be they have been playing with a lot more motivation since Merriweather's brief pop in. I am not only predicting a win, but also looking forward to the turnovers our defense will create in this game.

Last but not least, RG3 plays his best games when in the spotlight. Beating the Cowhores on National TV & then the Ginas? Forget about it!!! HAIL!!

Well we cant worry about things we cant control.

I will say this....everyone here/Redskins fans across the country have been wanting a Superstar QB for years...decades maybe even. We've been in the doghouse as a franchise for nearly 2 decades it feels. The RG3 hype was out of control leading to the draft and even after. So what happens...? RG3 goes out this year and becomes "RG3" the NFL STAR. Period. He goes out on a national stage on Turkey day in front of the country on what was apparently the highest rated game on FOX this Fall and has a HUGE game. He turned up the hype and excitement up a notch and it just so happens that he plays the Super Bowl Champs the following week on MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. You honestly couldnt have concocted a scenario this good. I dont know whats going to happen on Monday...he may dominate, may lay an egg but you got to embrace the RG3 hype that is currently at full volume. Would you rather it be this way or being dogged for 24 hrs a day on espn, radio, in the papers and by the media in general?

If RG3 and the Redskins dont win and "IF" RG3 has a bad game then it will go down as a learning experience. Regardless, embrace the hype, he's certainly deserved it. And we have deserved it as fans of a team that has had hardly any good publicity whatsover in the recent past. HTTR!

Your right, and usually I do embrace it. I guess Im just a pessimist, but honestly, rightfully so. This teams let me down for 20 years, I just cant get that "winners mentality" yet. I want it, I want to be able to talk smack to friends about how we could kick their rear etc; but I just feel if I keep my mouth shut and tamper my expectations I wont be let down. I havent been let down all season. The QB Ive been saying we needed for 20 years is finally here, but, I still just havent gotten confident. I know hes young, I know he will make mistakes, I just, I dont know, I just want to be able to go to a bar and smack talk without saying to myself "get ready for a bite in the rear" You know what I mean? I love the attention but at the same time, I feel the more the attention, the more likely we go down in flames. I dont know, I guess I am the only one that worries about a let down. I really thought there were more of me, but maybe not.

As for the 3-1 start last year: Going into the season last year (2011) my fiance was so excited because I told her this will be the first year where I have absolutely no expectations for the team and I knew with Grossman/Beck at the helm we would be terrible. Then we beat the Giants... Still, I didnt get my hopes up, then we won 2. then lost to the Cowboys, but almost won! then won again before the Bye. I got my hopes up like an idiot because I thought Grossman was "serviceable" and maybe Beck could even provide a spark and our D was good. Boy did I get let down! Every year this team will get my hopes up and let me down. Perfect example: Thursdays game we were up 28-3, I said to everyone, "The Cowboys are going to come back and either win or make this game way too close." The Cowboys did come back, for the first time in years, our QB actually didnt go 3 and out at the end and got us into FG range to ice the game. It gave me confidence again, its just now that I have my hopes up for possible playoffs, Im just waiting for the let down again.

I just re-read my post and Ive come to the conclusion; Maybe Im just crazy, lol

Last but not least, RG3 plays his best games when in the spotlight. Beating the Cowhores on National TV & then the Ginas? Forget about it!!! HAIL!!

I love your sig. That pic is awesome

---------- Post added November-30th-2012 at 04:15 PM ----------

No let down here. As I have said in other threads. We ar waxing that ass on monday night.

This is going to be 40 Year Old Virgin style waxing. Holy Kelly Clarkson indeed...

Archived