Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Giants Prediction Thread : The Chase for the Division

skins island connection

The Giants beat the Packers. Soundly.

After the Thanksgiving Day victory against the hated Cowboys, the Redskins were looking for a little help from the Packers, to set up a monday night showdown for 1st place in the division. It didn't work out quite as expected as the Giants took care of business.

So it leads to a monday night game, to keep pace and hope for a little help down the remaining schedule for the Giants to hit a little speed bump, provided the Redskins can take care of business monday night.

For the 1st half against Dallas, the Redskins looked unstoppable, and it was a refreshing sight to see, some, as myself, had flashbacks to the 91 season, where we blew through everyone, unstoppable, undeniable. The 2nd half brought a little reality back as they made an effort to come back, but we held on for the win.

Monday night will be a game of games; it would be nice to see a repeat of thanksgiving but its doubtful, as the Giants team is a more disciplined team, but at times desire can beat discipline. It looks to be a knock-down drag-out game, and will require the secondary to learn from their mistakes past.

Lets hope desire wins this week.

Redskins 37

Giants 30

Even if I'm pretty sure it'll be tough, and it's not a given W, that I'm not taking the Giants easily, I still see us win and even perhaps with a large margin. Same thing regarding the fact that until Dallas we never won 2 in a row. Now we're on pace for 3, that we'll be hard to gain.

I still do have some concerns, regarding our secondary, but since NY don't have that much of a running game right now, they'll be one dimensionnal which should help.

I have no doubt regarding our offense, even if somehow, RG3 will have a "low" game anytime soon. By low, I'm meaning that he's not gonna put another 80% completion with 4 TD and 0/1 Int. That's highly doubtful. I wish he does, but I don't see it happening this week end.

Other concern I do have is regarding Cobra Kai. Sure, the dude is doing some great work 10/10 FG. I really love that, but he's gonna make it one day or another. I feared he missed it against Dallas (glad he didn't). Thus I believe he'll miss one against the Giants.

Anyway, I still believe we're gonna take the lead and slowly increase it throughout the whole game to end it up somewhere like:

- Redskins: 27

- Giants: 13

I truly believe we will have a great defensive scheme/gameplan as we usually do against the Vagiants. Eli tends to struggle against the Skins a bit.

I know, I hate playing the what if or if or but games. "But", "if", you take that crap 77 yard play away, their offensive numbers are just not that impressive before that "drive".

Eliminate the run like we did last game, 19 rushes - 64 yards - 3.4 ypc and continue to smash them like we did, 38 rushes - 248 yards - 6.5 ypc, and we should have a chance to win.

We are rolling and they had a great game after a bye against a beat up Packers team.

Another close one, we squeak it out.

Skins: 27

Vagiants: 23

Well, with Robert at the helm I feel confident ... but this is the Giants, and this game really counts and the last 6-7 years no one has been better than Coughlin and Eli when the games really count.

This is basically the same team that beat the greastest team ever and that at won damn Super Bowl last year.

It is not so much how bad the skins play and more about how they don't know how to win these types of games ...yet.

Coughlin is going to out coach Shanahan in this one ... plain and simple. :( He'll have something drawn up for Robert and they will have their way with our D by brutally exploiting something for the first half and that will be enough.

Giants - 24

Skins - 21

I think it's good that they won against the pack before coming to landover. FedEx will be rocking, skins will have had some rest, big 2 game winning streak, rg3 shines on monday night and its payback time!!

Skins 28

Gnats 24

Notice my football related thread got closed already. You guys have no interest in talking football apparently, ...all you want to do is bash this cap thing...over and over like a bunch of whining children. I am dissapointed as I thought this fan base was up for some good football conversation. You guys have been irrelevant in the NFC for a long long time and I have been lucky enough to root for a team that just knows how to win. The tide may (or may not be turning) One player does not a Super Bowl victory...or two make. I expect a good game Monday and it could go either way. To the ones who engaged in convo here best of luck!

Archived