Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where's the love for Dhall?

authentic

There was alot said about Dhall shortly after his melt down in Pittsburgh. There was and likely still IS a strong contingent of Skins fans who want him cut and or traded for a ham sandwich. But if you haven't been following Dhall is currently (after 11 games) tied for 4th in interceptions and 4th, among corners in tackles. Not saying he should receive probowl consideration. But he's had quite a solid season, in light of the issues we've had on defense. And isn't nearly as bad as some have promoted.

I love DHall for what he is.... Passionate. High Motor. Loves this team/being a Redskin. Makes huge plays.

The guy describes himself as "maybe not the best corner... but I'm a good football player" (can't find exact quote) And he is just that.

Is he overpaid? Sure. Does he run his mouth a little too much? Sure. But all in all, I love some DHall and what he brings to DC.

The majority of people who hate on this guy probably never put on pads or understand the true value of someone who wants to win as bad as #23.

I think Hall is okay, not a lock-down defensive back, but a B/C+ corner who can make plays and has a knack for the ball. He's been the same player for his entire career.

Anyone know if there's a realistic chance at Darrelle Revis this summer?

I think there's a more realistic shot at Asomugha. He's been bad in philly, and they might clean house. We could get him at a discount, since he hasn't been playing well.

Revis is the only good player on the Jets. I doubt he's going anywhere.

I've stayed away from killing him this year ... I've always like him, I guess I rather have someone be a **** up at 100 miles per hour than just a **** up.

you can't deny, right or wrong his fiestyness can be an asset ...even though his ass could have got a penalty for ***** slapping Dez.

I like DHall a lot . People cry too much about him being a hothead or talking too much while not backing it up as much on the field, but he's a guy that would be sorely missed on this team.

I agree. We all ***** and moan when guys play with no emotion, yet he gets **** for playing with some fire. I know he could control his mouth/temper a little better, but I like him.

I think there's a more realistic shot at Asomugha. He's been bad in philly' date=' and they might clean house. We could get him at a discount, since he hasn't been playing well.

Revis is the only good player on the Jets. I doubt he's going anywhere.[/quote']

He'd have to come real cheap for me to not feel we were backing up a Brinks truck to a guy who wouldn't perform to expectations. Same for Revis. This franchise has been burned by that too many times.

I mentioned DHall playing well as a ball-hawk in another thread, can't remember which one, but yeah, he hasn't gone unnoticed these past two games.

He is what he is, a ball-hawk who is just as likely to give up a big play as he is to make one. Honestly, I wish we had someone else on the roster to play CB in his place, and move him to FS, he's a solid tackler, has good closing speed, can blitz and run defend in a pinch, and as we know, loves to intercept the ball.

My biggest problem with Hall is and will continue to be his contract. If we're paying you over 10M a year, you had better be a top CB in the league. We're not getting that level of play out of him unfortunately. I'd really like for us to renegotiate his contract down into the 4-6M a year range, and, if we miss out on the best FAFSs, but manage to snag a solid FACB or two, slide him to FS. Imagine snagging a guy like Cary Williams to go with Wilson, Minnifield, and Crawford (and maybe a draft pick), with a healthy Meriweather (or maybe someone like Vaccaro or Lester) at SS and Hall finally in a more natural fit at FS. That would be a pretty solid group I think.

On a personal note, I liked DRC as a potential FA target, but after his attempted head to head hit on RGIII during our game I've soured on him. He's a talented player, but his attitude is a serious problem.

I love D Hall. He's just a playmaker. If you want him to lockdown a WR... could get ugly. But if there is a batted ball or errant pass, you want it to go his way. He has pretty incredible ball skills for a defender.

He might be a goner, but he's had some huge plays (some negative ones too) against the Cowboys. I'll always like him for that.

Hall is the man!! Ive been swatting away the critics since he got here. He never gets in trouble off the field and is the only corner that will catch the football if it thrown his way. His cover skills arn't what they used to be but I'd trade getting beat sometimes for making the interception any day. Imagine if that interception he got in the Dallas game, if he had just knocked it down. Might've changed the outcome of the game.

DHall is elite. The thing is he needs our safeties to be just that --- a "safety" net that allows the corners to be aggressive, take risks on the ball. If our corners get beat and the receiver catches the ball, the safety "saves" the play from going the distance. But Madeueau Williams and our other safeties suck so much that they are forcing players like DHall and Josh Wilson (who I personally think is pretty good) from playing an aggressive game. Think about that long TD pass to Dez Bryant. Josh Wilson is not at fault for trying to swat the ball down before it got to Bryant instead of getting into position to tackle him. Wilson knew Williams was behind him and rightfully expected Williams to get the tack if he missed the swat. But Williams, being the slow, blockhead he is, took the worst angle of approach ever to get to Bryant, and Bryant just blew right past him

Our defense would be pretty good if we were starting Brandon Merriweather and Tanard Jackson. And top 10 if we had Orakpo and Carriker back to provide that pass rush.

I'd be pissed as hell half the time if I was him as well. Our safeties have played like garbage most of the season. We seem to be doing a little better in that department these last two games...and its allowing him to be more involved as a ball hawk. I'm ok with his attitude, as the Spur's coach Popovich says... "I want some nasty"

Hall is a good player. I can see why people support him, but I can also see why people want him gone. It's a justifiable argument either way.

It's also amazing how much more willing we are to support our guys when we are winning games. :)

But, I will say that him losing his "captain" status is a pretty clear message as well. The guys in the locker room obviously like his play, but they aren't supportive of some of his antics...which is basically my stance as well. :)

Can't stand the knucklehead.

Very lucky that he didn't draw a personal foul flag for punching Dez Bryant in the last game.

I'd like to see one...just one game,where he doesn't start crap and has to be pulled away by officials or teammates.

Just one.

I don't believe he has enough self control to do that.

We won't move forward as a defense as long as he's a starter on it.

Can't stand the knucklehead.

Very lucky that he didn't draw a personal foul flag for punching Dez Bryant in the last game.

I'd like to see one...just one game,where he doesn't start crap and has to be pulled away by officials or teammates.

Just one.

I don't believe he has enough self control to do that.

We won't move forward as a defense as long as he's a starter on it.

Aaaand there it is.

You aren't considering the positive effect he obviously has on this defense, because you aren't in the huddle. His teammates love him.

Archived