Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was what Jacoby Jones said to Michelle Tafoya out of line?

Sticksboi05

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/11/19/michele-tafoya-jacoby-jones-thank-you-gorgeous/1713575/

NBC Sunday Night Football sideline reporter Michele Tafoya interviewed Jones after the game, and he mentioned the team's emphasis on the return game in practice while giving thanks to his blockers. Tafoya then tried to set up the Ravens-Steelers rematch in Week 13.

Tafoya: "The next time you have these guys is just two weeks away at your place. What do you expect it to be like?"

Jones: "Well it's gonna be tough. But you know we got San Diego first, so that's where our mind's at right now — San Diego."

Tafoya: "Congratulations, Jacoby."

Jones (with a wink thrown in for good measure): "Thank you, gorgeous."

How out of line was Jones' ending comment?

It's a little out of line. Absolutely. I work in food service and hear that crap all the time.

I can't tell you how many times I've been grabbed.

I had to say something to a guy the other day, who started grabbing at a waitress and calling her hottie. I work at a family restaurant.

It's a little out of line. Absolutely. I work in food service and hear that crap all the time.

I can't tell you how many times I've been grabbed.

I had to say something to a guy the other day, who started grabbing at a waitress and calling her hottie. I work at a family restaurant.

Physical touching is a whole other ball park. That's not comparable. And yes, what Namath did to Kolber was unbelievably inappropriate and shameful.

It is disrespectful in a professional environment.

If you don't think so, go around your office and start referring to all the women as gorgeous and shoot them a wink.

The office is not a football field.

I understand the whole professionalism thing, but let's look at this in its context. His team just got a big win on SNF, he made the biggest play in the game. He was excited.

Now I am not saying that if I was excited I will go around calling my co-workers gorgeous, but I can't get mad at this. It was harmless.

Physical touching is a whole other ball park. That's not comparable. And yes, what Namath did to Kolber was unbelievably inappropriate and shameful.

Physical touching is a whole other ball park and wildly offensive and over the line.

This is just unprofessional and a little out of line. Nobody got hurt, but there shouldn't really be room for it.

The office is not a football field.

I understand the whole professionalism thing, but let's look at this in its context. His team just got a big win on SNF, he made the biggest play in the game. He was excited.

Now I am not saying that if I was excited I will go around calling my co-workers gorgeous, but I can't get mad at this. It was harmless.

I'm not mad at it because I'm sure he didn't mean any harm with the comment. However I am disappointed that we are still at a point where in a professional environment (I don't care whether that environment is in an office, a bar, or a trampoline - they are both paid professionals) it is ok for a guy to make that comment.

What if as Jones was coming over for the interview, Tafoya said "Hey sexy, great game!! Now tell me about that play"

comparing your office politics to what goes on in a football field is silly. Can you tell me a comparable situation in your office to reporters interviewing you butt naked in the locker room? If you cant, then dont make the stupid comparison..

Michele Tafoya ‏@TafoyaNBCSports

DIDN'T BOTHER ME: Ravens' Jacoby Jones ends interview with Michele Tafoya by saying, 'Thank you, gorgeous' http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/1713575 … via @freep

Glad she wasnt offended by this faux outrage by a writer who wanted extra visitors to his article and some attention.

comparing your office politics to what goes on in a football field is silly. Can you tell me a comparable situation in your office to reporters interviewing you butt naked in the locker room? If you cant, then dont make the stupid comparison..

Agreed. It's why I laugh when people say "football players shouldn't get paid millions, what about teachers/cops/insert any other job". Well sorry to say but thousands of people don't come to watch teachers teach or construction workers build houses.

Archived