Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you go shopping on Thanksgiving, you are a ****ing *******

zoony

Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Just look in the mirror and realize that you are a terrible person, responsible for thousands upon thousands of people missing out on the Thanksgiving Holiday to be with their family.

Instead, they get to go to work so you can get in line before anyone else to buy your cheap crap made in China to give to the few people you know who actually can stand being around you.

I don't even blame Wal mart or Target for opening on Thanksiving. Just you.

Yeah, I used to have to work on Thanksgiving at my old job, did it for 11 years. It sucked, but hey that was the job. Most people that have to work Thanksgiving will probably tell you the same, it's not that bad and I'd rather have to work that day instead of Christmas Eve or Christmas day. Typically, I have in my life tried to avoid going anywhere on Thanksgiving day to purchase anything except beer at a gas station, but again, people know the deal when they accept employment.

I used to work in the grocery business, so people would be coming in hardcore from 7am til about 11am to pick up last minute stuff for their family dinners. Most of the time, I was off by noon/1pm and able to go home to eat and watch football with my family. So its all good.

I didn't even know stores were open on Thanksgiving Day...

Agreed on your overall point though. I don't understand people who would rather save a few bucks than spend time with their family. Family time is so infrequent, it's definitely the most cherished time in my life...

This will be my first Thanksgiving off in about 3 years. I worked at the Rec center during that time and we opened the place,(Usually 8am-2pm),so the members and visitors could use the track and weigh troom. I'd call them my "manic obsessives." :silly:

Turkey day is spent in bed, in front of the TV, or in front of a table.

There is no shopping that I know of. Now I do know people will be headed out that night to shop...Who cares ?

I won't but if that's what they want to do so be it.

I know my lady and her family will go out shopping at some point in the wee hours of the morning...on Friday. That's their thing, they have been doing it forever.

You sign up for a job in entertainment, restaurants, or retail...there is a chance you will be working.

That said, it's not one of my favorite holidays anyway. The premise of it is skewed.

Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Just look in the mirror and realize that you are a terrible person, responsible for thousands upon thousands of people missing out on the Thanksgiving Holiday to be with their family.

Instead, they get to go to work so you can get in line before anyone else to buy your cheap crap made in China to give to the few people you know who actually can stand being around you.

I don't even blame Wal mart or Target for opening on Thanksiving. Just you.

BRAVO!!!!!! Thank you for saying this..

Remember when stores would be closed, close early or have abridged hours on Sundays?

Yeah, retail folks having the day off on Thanksgiving will be a thing of the past. We'll be able to look back on the "good ol' days" when people didn't have to work on Thanksgiving and they could be with their families.

Ok...so according to the PM I got, on Turkey Day I'm supposed to pick zoony and Henry up at Target and then we meet PCS at Gold's and then it's over to the mall-o-plaza and when we're done shopping we go to Chen's for Happy hour and to watch the boys/'skins, right? Should I have posted that here?

with things the way they are, no matter the situation, people will always have to work on any holiday. Can't necessarily place blame on the shoppers (I'm not one btw) - it's the companies doing and encouraged by them. The crowds will be big whether it be 8pm, 12 am, 2 am - brings me to my next point...

There's so many things that cause people to work so the blame can be placed on the ones that sit at home and watch tv, get on the internet, etc. (companies stay open for customers regardless if it's in person communication or over the phone communication)

I don't see what the big deal is. If you're arguing that it forces store employees to have to work and miss time with their families, then someone could make the exact same argument about NFL choosing to play football games and forcing stadium staff to work that day. But people who work at Jerrah-land know what the deal is, just like people who work in retail.

Personally you wouldn't ever catch me at a black Friday sale (or at a football game on Thanksgiving), but its the thing for some people, and it's a tradition in some families.

Archived