Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox NFL Sunday via Jay Glazer: Dan Snyder not Happy with Coach Shanahan's Comments After Carolina Game.

Boss_Hogg

Did anyone else see this? Where did Glazer get this information? This wouldn't be the first time Glazer reported that Dan wasn't happy with coach Shanahan. The first time occurred in December 2010 when McNabb was benched for The Dragon.

Chris Russell tweeted the Glazer comments too:

@Russellmania980: @JayGlazer on @FOXSports just reported that Dan Snyder was not happy with Mike Shanahan's comments last Sunday. FWIW. #Redskins

I'm sure Dan is frustrated like we all are, but I highly doubt Mike gets canned before the end of the year or at all.

Nothing will happen until the end of the year, I think that's only fair to give Mike and the team a chance to show something else. But if I'm Dan, 5 year plan or not, I'm thinking about moving on and giving my franchise QB that SHOULD be QBing a playoff-borderline playoff team right now a real shot at success.

Because right now, no matter the QB, Mike is delivering the same results, even the offensive output, let's be honest, has been lame though a lot of that is because the D can't get off the field.

It's not shanny's fault we've had so many injuries to key players! And ontop of that the people we have as backups aren't stepping up...

Example look at wht the Bengels are doing to the gaymen!!! Why cause of a pass rush!!

Man I love geno Atkins!!! Would look good in a skins uniform!

If Dan was happy about his comments I'd really be concerned. I can't believe how many people would like to see Shanahan go. Nothing wrong with criticizing him, but to actually want him fired at this point is asinine.

All I can say is people, be careful what you wish for. I'm sure there is another Zorn or Spurrier out there somewhere just relishing the chance to be named Redskins head coach.

Good, I'm glad he wasn't happy. I hope he said something about it to him too. It probably wouldn't hurt Shanahan to be reminded who's boss.

Snyder enabled this by giving Shanny full control over everything. It's Snyder's fault. Snyder MADE Shanny the boss. He handed him the keys to the front office and the back office.

Now, most of us on here wanted Snyder to have less control, but don't you need organizational leadership to accomplish this?

I could understand handing the keys to a seasoned GM who has proven his worth, but Shanny isn't a proven team builder.

If Dan was happy about his comments I'd really be concerned. I can't believe how many people would like to see Shanahan go. Nothing wrong with criticizing him, but to actually want him fired at this point is asinine.

All I can say is people, be careful what you wish for. I'm sure there is another Zorn or Spurrier out there somewhere just relishing the chance to be named Redskins head coach.

Yep, I agree. As much as I wish year three would have brought better results so far, I'm willing to ride the Shanny train through the five year plan. I find it amusing that some seem to have forgotten what a bumbling fool Snyder has been during his tenure as an owner and that he should pull the trigger on the coach. My opinion on Snyder will never change and I still think he has no business making any football related decisions. I fear that if Shanny is fired then we start the merry-go-round once again.

I think a couple young coordinators would jump at the chance to mold rg3, first round pick or not.

And then another and then another and then another - and hey wait a minute RGIII is not that good afterall - man another Redskins bust qb - we need to blow it all up -

There i was just giving the posts for the next few years ...

I don't think being objective & critical of the Redskins situation is a bad thing. You can not be happy with things are going and not want to fire Shanahan. I think I speak for everyone when I say we all would love for Mike to start winning. Everyones understands change is all we have known but you can't keep someone just to keep them. Have to hire the right coaches to get the job done.

Archived