Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES's Offical 11/6/2012 Election Results Thread (DISCUSS THE RESULTS HERE)

88Comrade2000

http://blogs.aljazeera.com/liveblog

38 minutes ago

Those looking to the ballot in Dixville Notch, the first polling place to open in the United States, to point the way towards who is going to win this election will be disappointed: for the first time in the town's history, the vote was a tie!

Both Barack Obama and Mitt Romney received five votes each - another indication of the knife edge that this race is on.

33 minutes ago

Meanwhile, in the other New Hampshire town to open polls just after midnight, Hart's Location, President Obama won with 23 votes to Romney's nine. Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson received one vote.

Fun fact: polling of all 10 voters in Dixville Notch took just 43 seconds, and in Hart's Location, it took five minutes and 42 seconds for 33 voters to cast their ballots.

I wonder which ES members will be closely watching the legalization of marijuana votes in Colorado, Washington and Oregon. :paranoid: If Obama gets re-elected, it will be really interesting to see what the federal government does.

I wonder which ES members will be closely watching the legalization of marijuana votes in Colorado, Washington and Oregon. :paranoid: If Obama gets re-elected, it will be really interesting to see what the federal government does.

Obama won't tolerate it.

Hell, they're still targeting shops in Cali, and this is a much bigger deal. As always, pols only care about states rights when it suits them

Sorry.

Can Nate Silver (and friends) nail their presidential predictions?

FiveThirtyEight statistician and blogger Nate Silver has taken fire for his polling aggregation methods. But he and others may be able to hit the final numbers spot on. CNET tracks the data.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13510_3-57545543-21/can-nate-silver-and-friends-nail-their-presidential-predictions/

---------- Post added November-6th-2012 at 08:04 AM ----------

man i hope he's right.

:fingersx:

I took my daughter (5yo) to vote this morning. She got upset when I told her we were voting for Obama. Weird, because we've been talking about the election for seems like forever and she's never batted an eye before. I asked her why and she said "I just really think everyone should take turns." Sweet kiddo...

brandymac27 = Smart

Snydershrugged = Big Ol dummy

Nah, I don't think people were expecting such a large turnout. FWIW, I typically always vote really early and am usually in and out with no wait/problems.

I took my daughter (5yo) to vote this morning. She got upset when I told her we were voting for Obama. Weird, because we've been talking about the election for seems like forever and she's never batted an eye before. I asked her why and she said "I just really think everyone should take turns." Sweet kiddo...

Awwww, that's so cute :D

Archived