Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your opionion: Will Griffin play this Sunday?

RG3toMonk

Going to my only 'Skins game of the year this Sunday with the wife. Bought these tickets in hopes to see you know who under center. As my luck would have it, he gets a concussion and we not only lose the Falcons game because of it; but I might not get to seem him play.

What your thought? Will he play Sunday?

I'm thinking positive. HTR :helmet:

I find it slightly funny/scary that in my motocross career, I had impacts that I got up not knowing how to mount the bike again and with the help from a flagger got going again.

I saw James Stewart get on his bike backwards once and fall over after a hit.

Now we've got people not playing for weeks over concussions.

So much for my dad telling me "Get up son, you're alright. Just got your bell rung." when I was younger.

Seriously, "getting your bell rung" turns out to be not so minor now huh. lol.

Don't get me wrong, not saying it's ridiculous. Just interesting to see how far we've come (in this sport), and how far off a lot of the others are.

Just like the Shanny said, barring ANY setback, he's gonna play.

I'm hoping there aren't any and he's good to go, but always err on the side of caution. Any lasting effects and we should sit him until he's 100%. RG3 is an investment for our franchises future, plus, its not like we were all expecting the playoffs in his rookie year anyway (realistically at least).

I find it slightly funny/scary that in my motocross career, I had impacts that I got up not knowing how to mount the bike again and with the help from a flagger got going again.

I saw James Stewart get on his bike backwards once and fall over after a hit.

Now we've got people not playing for weeks over concussions.

So much for my dad telling me "Get up son, you're alright. Just got your bell rung." when I was younger.

Seriously, "getting your bell rung" turns out to be not so minor now huh. lol.

Don't get me wrong, not saying it's ridiculous. Just interesting to see how far we've come (in this sport), and how far off a lot of the others are.

LOL at the 22 year "Old Curmudgeon" lamenting on how soft we've gotten as a society. For real though I got knocked out multiple times in my life, some because I deserved it, some because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and some because it was my best day evarrrr in the bullring in pop warner. Watcha gonna do, NFL players aren't any less tough because doctors are more prominently on the scene nowadays.

That being said he would have been back on the field two years ago, but lawsuits and understandable medical precaution say otherwise.

He'll play, and if you guys are smart you'll drink your ass off pregame in the B lot - braincells be damned! :evilg:

If he passes all the tests, then he should be a go. Cutler gets like 8 concussions a year and is usually out there the next week. I think they've made him surly, but he's still an NFL caliber QB.

We'll wait on the tests though. The real question is, who starts if RGIII sits, Cousins or Grossman? I'm leaning Cousins because I feel like there's probably not a ton of difference between the two, and if Cousins does well he could upgrade to trade bait.

Archived