Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Falcons Fan Here, Ready for this Weekend!

ATLFalconsFan

Guys, just wanted to let you know I have been on your forums before and am really excited about this game, just like I'm sure you guys are. Basically just wanted to start a thread and wish you guys well--but not too well, at least this weekend :pfft:--as I gotta say I'm really impressed with your fan-base, RGIII, and the Redskins as a team (I have always had good encounters with fans and this forum always seems to have solid football talk). I'll probably be there this weekend and I'm looking forward to it as all of you really seem like a classy group of fans. Like most of you we share a lot of common enemies (rest of the NFC East) and so that's why I am inclined to like the 'Skins. So, basically just want to say congratulations on finding the right QB for you, and I hope we have a great game this weekend with both teams staying injury-free.

Have a great season 'Skins fans.

P.S. I saw a lot of you say this will be the toughest game of your season so far. I think a lot of Falcons fans (including myself) feel the same. Should be a great one to watch.

Let me be the first to officially welcome you to ES. I think it's going to be a tough game for us to win. I think we'll score points, but our D will not hold up. I see this being a shoot out that RGIII will keep us close in, but I see the Falcons winning this in a shootout.

Edit: I'd like to add that I used to be a pretty big fan of the Falcons back in the day. I have some fond memories of Steve Barkowski, William Andrews, Gerald Riggs and Lynn Cain. but then Jerry Glanfield kinda changed the team for me in a very negative way. Good luck this season, just not so much on Sunday :)

Welcome to the board. I wonder if its the Griffin effect that we seem to have an opposing fan starting a thread here each week now? Kinda enjoying it. Thanks for stopping by ATLFalconsFan, I'm seriously doubtful of the 'Skins secondary in containing Julio and Roddy. Expecting the worse, hoping for a good game and good showing by the Redskins. Hail.

P.S. I saw a lot of you say this will be the toughest game of your season so far. I think a lot of Falcons fans (including myself) feel the same.

This part hit me with a ton of bricks. Other team's fans actually respect our team, and think we're a tough opponent. Man, being a 24 year old Skins fan has been torturous to this point.

Thanks for coming on here and wishing us well and congratulating us on RG3 (every Saturday night I get excited, I just enjoy watching the kid play so much). I fear the Falcons, and believe that you will probably take us to the woodshed with your passing attack, but what will happen will happen. I also hope there are no injuries :cheers:

P.S. You should post more often, we love posters from opposing teams that are sensible and enjoy talking football. It's the nose-breathers we don't like.

This part hit me with a ton of bricks. Other team's fans actually respect our team, and think we're a tough opponent. Man, being a 24 year old Skins fan has been torturous to this point.

Thanks for coming on here and wishing us well and congratulating us on RG3 (every Saturday night I get excited, I just enjoy watching the kid play so much). I fear the Falcons, and believe that you will probably take us to the woodshed with your passing attack, but what will happen will happen. I also hope there are no injuries :cheers:

P.S. You should post more often, we love posters from opposing teams that are sensible and enjoy talking football. It's the nose-breathers we don't like.

I definitely appreciate all the welcome from you guys. Well, I don't know how discussions are going over on the online forums but I know all of my real life football discussions have indicated the Redskins are going to pose a challenge and be a fun game. So, speaking for myself, I'll admit I saw all of the NO/WAS game and you guys have some serious potential.

RG3 has changed the culture of this team already. In my mind, he is changing the franchise losing mentality just by being here.

A lot of us felt that way about Ryan. From 4-12 to 11-5 was huge for us, most of us have felt a culture change since then. It's all about finding that franchise QB!

We can't be your toughest opponent yet. You already played the Chargers and Broncos. Broncos have a good (and uninjured) pass rush including a good secondary.

I just don't know how we can contain your passing offense.

Well....

I really thought the Broncos game would be immensely difficult, especially in the pass rushing department. Von Miller and Dumervil are no joke. Still, for whatever reason, not much pressure was generated that game. Unlike Carolina which seemed to get to Matt all day. Chargers was another interesting one where I, and the rest of the world it seemed, expected a shootout. I don't think anyone would have guessed that their offense would have come out so slow. Maybe I have some slight bias in saying in my opinion this will be toughest because I like you guys the most and because it's the upcoming game, but I can definitely see how RGIII can make some problems for us. Him and Alfred Morris have me pretty worried.

I'd be slightly worried about your defense if I were you. Offense? Not so much. I've been reading the Falcons board a little, and they seem to be hyping up that amoeba defense that you guys run occasionally. Not sure how that will hold up against a team that can run effectively, and is very versatile both with the run and pass. They may just end up confusing themselves.

I just don't know how we can contain your passing offense.

Same way they can contain our rush offense...not very well. Atlanta is terrible against the run as we are against the pass. Ball control game-plan puts a W in the win column for the Skins. Atlanta hasn't played anyone that can run the ball like us either. Should be an interesting game, but I have a good feeling about this game for some reason. Hope I'm right.

Welcome ATLfan, we appreciate your comments. Matt Ryan is a legitimate QB and I don't foresee a good outcome for our beleagured secondary. Unfortunately, I predict a shootout that will eventually lead to a score that even our Offense can't overcome. The bright side however is this, Our newly invigorated offense will keep us fans faithful in our belief that we are always in the game. That is truly a culture change. Belief that we CAN win, even if we don't.

Kudos BTW for your dislike of Vick. I can see where it would be hard to root for a team led by such a despicable human being. Your character is not revealed in the limelight, but in the shadows

RG3 has changed the culture of this team already. In my mind, he is changing the franchise losing mentality just by being here.

I agree, however, Atlanta is no joke. Those guys are good. Their WR's and TE are amazing and Ryan might be the best QB in the NFC. Oh and they have a pretty good running back too. Our defense does not match up well against this team. This might be the highest scoring game of the year. Unless Hassett has an amazing game plan and we play keep away from Ryan, it's going to be a long day. We can win, but we'd need a gameplan similar to New Orleans.

Appreciate the Falcon's fan acknowledging us as a good challenge considering how good ATL is looking...

SMH at the Skins fans thinking this is going to be a blowout...I don't expect Washington to win, but the Falcons have holes too...it'll be close. We will run on them. They will not run on us. They have been creating turnovers, we have not been giving up turnovers. We will need to get pressure on Ryan and get good jams on their wide outs. This isn't David vs Goliath, they are only 3 point favorites for a reason...

---------- Post added October-4th-2012 at 12:12 AM ----------

Their WR's and TE are amazing and Ryan might be the best QB in the NFC.

Really? I mean, Really????

Welcome to ES and we are all sure you Falcon fans are flying as high as your team. They have really pulled together as a great unit this season and the Redskins will have to play a flawless game to even have a chance to defeat you guys. Please have your team take a good rest this Sunday so you all can be ready to destroy the Cowboys, Eagles and Giants. Thats so much more important than beating us lol. Good luck and do hope for an injury free game for both our teams.

Archived