Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After four games, let's reexamine the schedule shall we?

abdcskins

After seeing us play four games, and our opponents as well, do you have any new prognostications as to what our record may end up being?

at Saints- Win

at Rams- Loss

vs. Bengals- Loss

at Bucs- Win

vs. Falcons

vs. Vikings

at Giants

at Steelers

vs. Panthers

Bye week

vs. Eagles

at Cowboys (Thursday night)

vs. Giants (Monday night)

vs. Ravens

at Browns

at Eagles

vs. Cowboys

I'll leave my picks blank for time being. I like how we have more home games than away games.

Anything beyond the Falcons doesn't really concern me. One week at a time is best. It also helps keeps the expectations in check. No need to go predicting 8-4 over the next 12 games and then we end up 4-8. Then you'll panic and want to fire Shanahan :P

Having said that, Falcons are going to score 40 on us. I hope we can outscore them, because we won't stop them.

realistically speaking, without even the slightest hyperbole,, there is not a break on that schedule. That is one long and dark road.

every one of those teams are quite capable.

Atlanta is playing great football. Minnesota is playing great football.

the giants, cowboys, and Eagles are divisional games, cannot discount any of them.

Pittsburgh.. the Ravens.

And the Browns have one of the better defenses around, even though most don't realize it.

I don't want to predict any of them, because it would not surprise me if we lost 6-8 of them.

And it would surprise me if we WON 8 of them, but probably not as much as it may have in August.

~Bang

Ever since it was released, I've wondered if it was good or bad that all of our division games were at the end of the year. My initial thought was: "Crap... by the time we get to Division games we'll be beat to Hell" ...and so far that's turning out to be the case.

However with the Packers and the G-Men overcoming injuries and making late season SB runs the previous two years, I feel with improved secondary play and a little luck, those division games could have US come out of nowhere.

Time will tell....

Ya, for a fourth place team, that schedule sucks hard. I don't feel any of those team will blow us out, but we already felt the first half would be the easy part. That's looking not so easy anymore either. I still feel this is a playoff team, because we're not the only team getting lite up right now (even playoff teams are having trouble shutting down this new age of franchise QBs). And after 4 games, I still haven't seen a single team shut down our offense for the enire 60 minutes of play...

The one advantage we have over a lot of teams we're going to play against is that we can run the ball and control time of possession. That's going to really mater once it starts to get cold.

They say to break the schedule up in groups. I look at the next 5 games: the falcons and vikings at home, then go on the road to ny and pittsburgh, then come back home to face the panthers going into the bye. If we can go 3-2 in that stretch that that will be huge for the team.

That said it wouldn't surprise me to go 1-4 in that stretch.

I have been shuddering to think what Romo sits to pee & those receivers may do to us (I know, but because it's Dallas and especially with a cowpie fan in my life these days (though he's a good guy and really knows football), it will suck extra for me if it goes that way).

The Giants schedule is even worse. I think we are right where we should be though at 2-2. You expected to lose to the Saints week 1, pulled the upset. Should've beat the Rams week 2, but lost. Lost to a playoff team in Cinci and beat a team that we should've beat in Tampa. Now we need to pull some magic out of the hat and win some games we aren't supposed to win like this week coming up

Ever since it was released, I've wondered if it was good or bad that all of our division games were at the end of the year. My initial thought was: "Crap... by the time we get to Division games we'll be beat to Hell" ...and so far that's turning out to be the case.

However with the Packers and the G-Men overcoming injuries and making late season SB runs the previous two years, I feel with improved secondary play and a little luck, those division games could have US come out of nowhere.

Time will tell....

The main thing is if we can keep our head above water and around .500 we can really control our destiny down the stretch where anything is possible with even the slightest improvement on D and our offense continuing to progress. The division games always are tough and can go either way the last few years with a few exceptions.

Though part of me wants to say, our secondary has been torched all year and we haven't even played the elite WRs in the division. Also, the 4 teams we scored so much against are amongst the 4 worse passing defenses in the league as well.

It is way too hard to say what will happen. Lets just focus on the Falcons and take it one week at a time.

The schedule would not appear anywhere near as brutal if our Defense was able to stop a pass. While the Defenses we'll face are daunting, I no longer view any of them as insurmountable. But it does appear that any additional wins will need to come via a shootout and a little luck.

I agree the schedule is brutal. But I really think we are showing a lot of potential, particularly on offense- RG3 changes everything. If our defense can get it together (big if) we can hang with pretty much all those teams. A couple plays here and there and we'd be 3-1.

Vikings, Panthers, and Browns should be wins. Not discounting their ability but I just feel we should win those. Having the Vikings and Panthers at home helps...gotta get some home field advantage eventually! And I feel we always play up or down to opponents. Are we going to beat the Falcons, Steelers, Ravens, Eagles? Experts would say no. But this is the NFL and we are a whole new Redskins team. 3-3 within the division is entirely possible. For now I am saying 8-8, with 9-7 being a distinct possibility.

They say to break the schedule up in groups. I look at the next 5 games: the falcons and vikings at home, then go on the road to ny and pittsburgh, then come back home to face the panthers going into the bye. If we can go 3-2 in that stretch that that will be huge for the team.

That said it wouldn't surprise me to go 1-4 in that stretch.

They say to split it up into quarters though. You hope to go 2-2 through 2 quarters and pull one out at either 2-2 or 3-1. Then you can make a run the last quarter of the season to get you your 9-11 wins.

We finished the first quarter on target but we really need to pull some magic to make the second 2-2. That should definitely be considered a victory.

Anything beyond the Falcons doesn't really concern me. One week at a time is best. It also helps keeps the expectations in check. No need to go predicting 8-4 over the next 12 games and then we end up 4-8. Then you'll panic and want to fire Shanahan :P

Having said that, Falcons are going to score 40 on us. I hope we can outscore them, because we won't stop them.

I think they are overrated. Hell, if it weren't for a bonehead move by a ****y punk (Cam) fumbling or a scared coach who wouldn't go for it, and last but not least... A punt from Matt Ryan to midfield that gets caught- the falcons lose to the Panthers IN ATLANTA.

But, I hate Atlanta so maybe I'm a little biased lol

I think they are overrated. Hell, if it weren't for a bonehead move by a ****y punk (Cam) fumbling or a scared coach who wouldn't go for it, and last but not least... A punt from Matt Ryan to midfield that gets caught- the falcons lose to the Panthers IN ATLANTA.

But, I hate Atlanta so maybe I'm a little biased lol

Yea, i dont think they are overrated at all....i think this week is going to be a very crappy one.

If we figure to beat Vikings, Panthers and Browns because we are going nowhere if we don't win all 3 of those, that means we have to either go 4-5 or 5-4 against Falcons, Ravens, Steelers, Eagles, Giants Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Cowboys just to get to 9-10 wins.

That is a rather tall order for any team. Would really be nice to have the Rams and Bengals games back to get a jump on wins for the closing schedule.

With the defense in the state it's in, and looking at that schedule I honestly don't see them winning more the 4-5 more games.

Also, if RGIII doesn't start sliding and going out of bounds more after runs he's not gonna make it through the season -- so that would impact the 4-5 possible wins.

Archived