Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kerrigan continues to make plays.....

NoCalMike

Not sure I expected Kerrigan to continue to be such a big factor without Orakpo.

Lets all be honest, when Kerrigan was drafted the prevailing thought was "Wow, so now Orakpo's game will elevate because of Kerrigan on the other side"

Then it turned into, "Wow, Kerrigan seems to be making more plays because Orakpo is taking all the double-teams"

However, now what? The guy seems to continue to show up and be a huge factor. He tipped 2 balls, got a sack, had some big tackles on running plays, and snuffing out that Screen pass, even when he was partially chop blocked was a potential game saver right there.

Even with Rob Jackson filling in for Orakpo, Kerrigan has not seemed to miss a beat.

Hail Kerrigan!

Kerrigan is an absolute stud. I was ecstatic when we drafted him because I really did not expect it but I was always thinking it would be nice to get him even though there was no way we'd take him at #10. He's an outstanding player in his own right and I think it's fair to say he and Orakpo deserve to be talked about separately and not necessarily that one simply succeeds off the other, but that they are both just excellent players. I really hope Orakpo can come back 100% and be healthy over the next several years because regardless of who is ultimately the better player, the defense as a WHOLE is a lot better when they are both out there.

I tell you what I've been really proud of Rob JAckson's play this year. For a guy a year ago I didn't think was making the team, never expected much from he's worked himself into a respectable rotational linebacker in our depth.

And yeah, Kerrigan is a beast. But I think its because our depth on the DL and at LB is so much better this year that guys like Kerrigan can really shine now.

Rob Jackson kinda proved he can not fully replace Orakpo, I guess that ends that agenda. Luckily Kerrigan can mask the loss of Orakpo very well, he is always disruptive and gets pressure or a swat nearly every play, he plays the run very well and just does everything well. He is just a solid all round football player with a complete game, very underrated and very deadly. I love Kerrigan...

It's a good thing Orakpo's injury is not to his lower body... he'll still be able to work on his footwork and conditioning this season while the pec is healing up... he'll spend the offseason rehabbing the chest and with the year off from contact it'll make all the nagging knees and shoulder issues fully heal... Orakpo should be back full force next season alongside a disruptive and improving Kerrigan.

I've said it since midway last year and I'll say it now; Kerrigan is more complete a player, in spite of the experience, than Orakpo. His college nickname Superman is extremely fitting.

EDIT:

and so far, he's been London Fletcher-esque in terms of toughness. Iron Man and Superman. Boy, we've got superheroes from all around.

I don't know that he's better than Rak. I don't know that he isn't. Let's enjoy having both of them :)

It would be nice to actually be able to enjoy having both of them... Especially on the field at the same time, and not just on the same roster.. BUT Rak can't stay healthy. I have to agree that Kerrigan is turning out to be a better player for us, he never misses a game, and he makes big plays on a weekly basis. Rak is on the sideline watching...

Kerrigan is great. But if we wouldn’t have traded back, we could’ve drafted JJ Watt. Just sayin...

The Redskins essentially traded the 10th pick in the draft for the 16th (Kerrigan), 79th (Hankerson), 105th (Helu), 146th (Gomes), 155th (Paul), 178th (Robinson), 217th (Hurt) and 224th (Markus White) picks.

I don't think I would take that back for just JJ Watt even though Watt looks like a perennial All Pro

It would be nice to actually be able to enjoy having both of them... Especially on the field at the same time, and not just on the same roster.. BUT Rak can't stay healthy. I have to agree that Kerrigan is turning out to be a better player for us, he never misses a game, and he makes big plays on a weekly basis. Rak is on the sideline watching...

Can't stay on the field? Before this year he missed one game. C'mon, dude.

Archived