Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo.com : US Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens killed in consulate attack in Benghazi

killerbee99

http://gma.yahoo.com/u-s--ambassador-to-libya-christopher-stevens-killed-in-consulate-attack-in-benghazi.html

The U.S. ambassador to Libya, Christopher Stevens, was killed when Libyan militants stormed the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. Stevens, 52, died on Tuesday as 20 gun-wielding attackers stormed the U.S. consulate, angry about an American-made movie that depicted Prophet Mohammad as a fraud and a womanizer. The attackers fired automatic weapons and rocket-propelled grenades at the consulate, Deputy Interior Minister Wanis al-Sharif told a news conference in Benghazi.

Nearly a dozen Americans were inside the consulate at the time, guarded only by Libyan security. For nearly 20 minutes the Libyan guards exchanged fire with the attackers, who hurled a firebomb inside.

The militants burned down at least one building in the attack. It's not clear whether Stevens was killed by smoke inhalation or was in a car, which may have been hit by a mortar, as he tried to escape.

Another American died from smoke inhalation during the attack. Two more individuals who worked with the Americans, possibly guards who were trying to get Stevens out of the area, were also killed.

"I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. Right now, the American people have the families of those we lost in our thoughts and prayers. They exemplified America's commitment to freedom, justice, and partnership with nations and people around the globe, and stand in stark contrast to those who callously took their lives. I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe. While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants," President Obama said in a statement.

Big news here in the middle east, hope we put those militants to death or send a drone up someone's butt down there.

As I said before, nothing good can happen when people here in the States encourage violence by burning Korans and making silly videos regarding Muhammad

What they don't understand is that we can't stop it. The concept of free speech is not one that's understood by people that have never had it. 95% of us never heard of this video and would not do these things but we have no way of stopping the wack jobs who do. Or who do equally insensitive things to other groups of people like say gays.

If there is going to be a clash of civilizations it's going to be because of this chasm in the way we think compared to each other.

WEll maybe those idiots shouldn't make those intolerant videos in the first place

So stupid

Again I'm not Muslim but it seems to be provoking a strongly negative reaction when these clowns make intolerant crap like this

So the clowns are the ones who make the stupid videos...not the *******s who kill innocent people?

Would you feel the same is Matt & Trey were killed by muslim fanatics?

WEll maybe those idiots shouldn't make those intolerant videos in the first place

So stupid

Again I'm not Muslim but it seems to be provoking a strongly negative reaction when these clowns make intolerant crap like this

Of course they shouldn't, but they're going to anyway and there is not a damn thing me or you can do about it. There are equally ****ed up movies about Christianity and Judaism and we don't try to stop those either. I saw a quote yesterday from a person in crowd and they said "what if we did this with the pope", not understanding that the pope is made fun of pretty regularly and that we are not a Christian nation anyway.

My question is what happened to the Marine Security Forces that are supposed to guard the compounds. There's no way in hell this should've happened as it's the host nation's responsibility in the end to ensure the security of consular compounds /embassies.

The Ambassador was killed as they were evacuating, the car was hit by an RPG or so says reuters at the link in my previous post.

BTW, I notice Mitt has been quick to criticize Obama here...what a clown.

Rationale: Some idiot American citizen makes a video about Muhammad so they storm the US Embassy and kill the ambassador.

Yeah...that makes sense.

Exactly. Granted, it was extremely disrespectful and he should be ashamed of himself for making that video, but that does not justify storming a U.S. Embassy and killing one of our diplomats.

Also, shame on Mitt Romney for using this as a means to smear the President. A long time American diplomat is killed and all you can do criticize the President? For shame, Governor Romney.

The Ambassador was killed as they were evacuating, the car was hit by an RPG or so says reuters at the link in my previous post.

BTW, I notice Mitt has been quick to criticize Obama here...what a clown.

Have a link to that?

nvm found it. Google "romney libya" Look at me being self-sufficient.

So the clowns are the ones who make the stupid videos...not the *******s who kill innocent people?

Would you feel the same is Matt & Trey were killed by muslim fanatics?

The idiot who posted the video is a bigoted, moronic attention-whore. So, yes, I think he's a major ass clown. The First Anendment protects him from being prosecuted, but not from being rightfully ridiculed, for being such an ass clown. The idiot who lobbed an RPG at the embassy is a murderous **** wad. So he too qualifies as an ass clown, but that doesn't affect the ass clown status of the guy who made the video.

The idiot who posted the video is a bigoted, moronic attention-whore. So, yes, I think he's a major ass clown. The First Anendment protects him from being prosecuted, but not from being rightfully ridiculed, for being such an ass clown. The idiot who lobbed an RPG at the embassy is a murderous **** wad. So he too qualifies as an ass clown, but that doesn't affect the ass clown status of the guy who made the video.

Ix was essentially dismissing the violence as "well, the guy shouldn't have made the video". Bull ****. Nobody deserves to die for voicing their opinion. Nobody has the right to bring violence to innocent people because someone ELSE spoke their mind. It wasn't right when they declared war on Rushdie, and it's not right now.

That's a really shameful way to try to spin it... attempting to score political points using the death of American citizens. Any remaining respect I had for Romney is gone.

I had hoped that Mitt's criticism was going to be limited to what I had seen first yesterday with the flag being torn down, but after reading the WaPo article he is specifically citing the ambassador's death. Rally the GOP to support Mitt in using an ambassador's death or political gain. I hope this blows up in his face. Simply shameful!

I know it's an election year and politicians are more...hesitant in doing things, but I'm seriously hoping our response is more than wagging a finger at them saying 'You better stop that!'

This is ridiculous.

It's unlikely we will do much in terms of military action. What would we bomb? A random Libyan facility, notwithstanding the fact the Libysn government is an ally? My guess is we send CIA agents and other experts to help the Libyans find and capture the attackers and that's about it.

Ix was essentially dismissing the violence as "well, the guy shouldn't have made the video". Bull ****. Nobody deserves to die for voicing their opinion. Nobody has the right to bring violence to innocent people because someone ELSE spoke their mind.

I think so little of this has anything to do with the actual video, who is pulling the stings? Who put those people in the streets and at he embassy?

Ix was essentially dismissing the violence as "well, the guy shouldn't have made the video". Bull ****. Nobody deserves to die for voicing their opinion. Nobody has the right to bring violence to innocent people because someone ELSE spoke their mind. It wasn't right when they declared war on Rushdie, and it's not right now.

Of course they don't, but in their culture they do. Including down syndrome little girls who accidentally burn the Koran.

Of course they don't, but in their culture they do. Including down syndrome little girls who accidentally burn the Koran.

Please explain what "their culture" is or who "they" is. Lets make sure this is clear this was done by a small and radical group of Libyans not by anything mainstream even within the Salafi community so be careful when you talk about "their culture".

Archived