Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Proper attire at games

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

1. One thing that really irritates me is when people don't wear gear to games. Maybe I'm being irrational but if you're gonna spend all that money and time to make it to the game, support your team. What say you?

2. I went to the Colts game and WAS HORRIFIED at the amount of other jerseys I saw. Literally every team was represented and I feel like ppl only want attention in situations like that. Once again, what say you?

I hate people who think wearing a non-related team's jersey is cool. It looks ridiculous and like you don't know the schedule. If you do this I don't really hate you but it looks ridiculous.

Agree 100%. I've gone to games where we're playing the Falcons or someone and I see people in Dolphins jerseys. And there is also the one dumbass that shows up in a Cowboys jersey no matter who we are playing. Attention whoring at its finest.

Agree 100%. I've gone to games where we're playing the Falcons or someone and I see people in Dolphins jerseys. And there is also the one dumbass that shows up in a Cowboys jersey no matter who we are playing. Attention whoring at its finest.

saw like 4 Dallas jerseys at the Colts game and all it did was start fights smh

ppl are dumb lol

2. I went to the Colts game and WAS HORRIFIED at the amount of other jerseys I saw. Literally every team was represented and I feel like ppl only want attention in situations like that. Once again, what say you?

I've never understood this. I asked a few guys last year after one of the games, each of them (probably 5 in total) wearing a different team's jersey. 1 Redskins fan, along with a Jets, Pats, Ravens, and Colts jerseys. And we were playing the freaking Cardinals that game. All of them basically muttered something about how they had wanted to see a game (despite being a fan of neither team) and wanted to "represent." I called them idiots for paying for a game between 2 teams they didn't care about, and they couldn't really figure out a way to argue otherwise. If I got invited to a Steelers game and they weren't playing the Redskins (free game, since I wouldn't pay for such a thing), I'd probably just wear something neutral.

I'm probably opening myself up for fire here, but I once wore my Darrell Green jersey to a Bears-Packers game, mostly because my friends got into a pissing match about whether I should be wearing Bears gear or Packers gears (I'm pretty indiffierent to both teams).

Of course it ended up being funny when a drunk Bears fan started screaming, "Ahman Green Sucks!!!" at me oblivious to the fact that Burgundy is definitely not one of the Packers' colors.

I think partly it's the area of the country we live in. There are people from all over the country here, and at a preseason game where it's easy to get tickets that's going to happen.

It still happens during the season of course, but to a much lower degree. I find it odd, but not really annoying. They paid their money for the entertainment the same as I did. If it bothers you that there are non-Skins fans in the stadium, point the finger at the people selling/giving away their tickets to non-fans, not the people who just want to see a football game.

If I do not have something or I do not want something for a team I am going to see I wear street clothes maybe my ES hat or another hat. Example VT vs Boise. I did not wear any teams colors just a T-shirt and jeans. I was tempted to wear my Clemson gear just to annoy my husband and Murf but I behaved.

I expect to see a lot of Dallas or Texas stuff this year with RG3 being a Texas boy. I think we are getting over run with random people just wanting to check him out.

Happens a lot at DC United games and I think it's pretty lame. Especially when someone is wearing a Messi or Ronaldo, or some other European jersey.

At NFL games, they might as well just wear a shirt that screams "look at me! look at me!"

---------- Post added August-31st-2012 at 09:08 AM ----------

Not paying 100 or 200 for a jersey of a player that MIGHT Get traded. And hoodies aren't cheap either.

I will wear my Redskins hoodie that I found on sale at K-Mart though...that or those shirts that were on sale

So cheap :(

I will never buy another Redskins jersey. If it was like any other sport and they looked ok without a player's name I'd probably go for it. But they don't really work without a name and number, and I'm certainly not putting my own name/number on there.

Not a big fan of "other" jerseys at games of 2 different teams. I'd never go see a game of 2 teams I didn't like even if they tickets are free. College jerseys or foreign jerseys (someone mentioned Ovie russian) don't bother me as much.

Here's another one. Going to a baseball game and see football jerseys. I was at a Charlotte Knights Triple A game a few weeks back and some guy had a wife and baby (10 months?) and was all decked out in his Hines Ward jersey with his Steelers draft day hat. I'm like WTF are you wearing that for?

If I do not have something or I do not want something for a team I am going to see I wear street clothes maybe my ES hat or another hat. Example VT vs Boise. I did not wear any teams colors just a T-shirt and jeans. I was tempted to wear my Clemson gear just to annoy my husband and Murf but I behaved.

I expect to see a lot of Dallas or Texas stuff this year with RG3 being a Texas boy. I think we are getting over run with random people just wanting to check him out.

Huly, where can we acquire said ES hat?

I don't mind the jerseys that are from a team not playing.. this is a transient town.

If I lived in san Diego and got tickets to go to a Chargers Raiders game, i'd go because I'm a football fan, and i'd wear Redskins gear.

~Bang

I don't mind the jerseys that are from a team not playing.. this is a transient town.

If I lived in san Diego and got tickets to go to a Chargers Raiders game, i'd go because I'm a football fan, and i'd wear Redskins gear.

~Bang

Why? The Redskins aren't playing and you aren't "repping" them by wearing a jersey at a game between two teams not even in the NFC.

I feel like some people think they have to prove they are a football fan and wearing a sweater isn't enough.

Why? The Redskins aren't playing and you aren't "repping" them by wearing a jersey at a game between two teams not even in the NFC.

I feel like some people think they have to prove they are a football fan and wearing a sweater isn't enough.

Because its my team.

I wear it no matter where i go anyway.

I'm not 'repping' them at the grocery store either, but i wear my cap and t-shirt.

~Bang

Archived