Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Fantasy Football Thread

MattFancy

So with most people starting to do their fantasy drafts soon, figured now would be a good time to get this thread going.

Post draft questions, draft results, start/sits, anything fantasy related.

Here are some good websites to check out:

http://www.rotoworld.com/

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/category/fantasy/

http://www.footballguys.com/

http://www.fantasypros.com/

I did a draft yesterday and here are the results:

I had the #4 pick in a 12-team PPR

1. Rice

2. Forte

3. Jennings

4. Harvin

5. Nicks

6. Wallace

7. Cutler

8. JStewart

9. Tony Gonzalez

10. Titus Young

11. Donald Brown

12. Greg Little

13. Hillis

14. Locker

15. Seattle

16. Lance Kendricks

17. Kaeding

So my starting lineup is:

QB--Cutler

RB--Rice, Forte

WR--Jennings, Nicks, Harvin

W/R/T--Wallace

TE--Gonzalez

Forte went that late in my draft as well. He went 19th

yup people are afraid that Forte will lose touches to Bush and now Bears actually have a legit WR in Marshall...

all indicators pointing to Bears being less dependent on Forte...

Also in PPR there are probably more WR that become more valuable than Forte... so its not a real steal i dont think... he went about where he should have gone... maybe even slightly early...

I'm in a keeper league with McCoy as my keeper and I have the #3 pick in the draft in 2 weeks. I was looking at drafting Mathews at #3 before he broke his collarbone, so now who should I draft between Darren McFadden, Matt Forte, or Tom Brady?

I'm leaning towards either McFadden or Forte because I can find a solid QB in the later rounds and would rather have 2 great RBs when some owners will have 0 great RBs. Any opinions?

I agree -- go with the RBs. As far as which, it's really a tough call. McFadden has a bigger upside, but is a bigger injury concern. Forte is fairly reliable and I don't see his role diminishing with the additions of Bush or Marshall. Forte will still be Cutler's safety blanket with a poor pass blocking o-line. Bush is there just to keep Forte fresh, after all, he is coming off an injury.

I'm in a keeper league with McCoy as my keeper and I have the #3 pick in the draft in 2 weeks. I was looking at drafting Mathews at #3 before he broke his collarbone, so now who should I draft between Darren McFadden, Matt Forte, or Tom Brady?

I'm leaning towards either McFadden or Forte because I can find a solid QB in the later rounds and would rather have 2 great RBs when some owners will have 0 great RBs. Any opinions?

how many teams are in your league.. usually thats one of the most important information before people can start giving you advice...

I say go with Tom Brady... there is actually a big drop off in terms of production and consistancy after you get away from the top 3-4 QBs....

WIth the amount of weapons Brady will have this year... I think Brady has a very good chance to be #1 QB this season...

always with your first pick.. you go with the sure thing...

yup people are afraid that Forte will lose touches to Bush and now Bears actually have a legit WR in Marshall...

all indicators pointing to Bears being less dependent on Forte...

Also in PPR there are probably more WR that become more valuable than Forte... so its not a real steal i dont think... he went about where he should have gone... maybe even slightly early...

All the rankings I've seen have Forte as a top 6-8 RB this year. So to get him late 2nd is a steal IMO. And in a PPR he's a valuable RB, he had 52 catches last season and that was without playing the last 4.

So after i wasn't picked for the dynasty league here on ES :mad: :)

I decided to start my own with a bunch of friends. Been a lot of fun setting everything up. The draft is this weekend and i can't wait. Gonna be a blast.

The word on the street is the second overall pick is gonna be Cam...i think thats a bit crazy..anyone else with me on that thought.

how many teams are in your league.. usually thats one of the most important information before people can start giving you advice...

I say go with Tom Brady... there is actually a big drop off in terms of production and consistancy after you get away from the top 3-4 QBs....

WIth the amount of weapons Brady will have this year... I think Brady has a very good chance to be #1 QB this season...

always with your first pick.. you go with the sure thing...

10 team league.

Other QBs being kept are Rodgers & Brees. Other RBs being kept for sure are Rice, Peterson, C. Johnson. One guy is keeping Megatron, and one is probably keeping Graham.

1st pick is going to be Cam Newton, 2nd pick is going to be Foster.

I'm just hesitant to pick Brady because I don't like going QB that high, plus his o-line has been very shaky and he got knocked around quite a bit this past weekend. Plus a sleeper QB I like is Matt Ryan, with White and Jones on the outside and Gonzalez on the inside I think he has the potential to have a huge breakout season.

In my league we get to pick up to 3 keepers. Costs you 1 round earlier than you drafted them the year before. No one drafted earlier than round 4 is eligible. 10 team league, 1/2 PPR. my choices for keepers, and what they would cost in this year's draft, are

Matt Stafford 4th round

LeSean McCoy 5th round (no brainer)

Julio Jones 7th round

DeMarco Murray 11th

Stevie Johnson 14th round

Unless something crazy happens tonight, I'd expect to go with Murray, McCoy and Julio. Stevie is a great value, but he's a #2WR, lots of people are picking Julio to break out and he could be a solid keeper for me for years. Stafford would also be a good value, and if I don't keep him I have to spend my 1st or 2nd on a QB. Based on my draft spot and others being kept, I would anticipate the choice to be Brady, Brees, Chris Johnson, Matt Forte. The guy in front of me could surprise and take one of those QBs instead of Megatron, but I highly doubt it.

I just don't see how I could pass up Murray or Julio.

Tom Brady will be the best fantasy player this year. And in my opinion, by far.

I think Brees starts fast but may fade after the first quarter. Still very good but not like the last few years good. Once defenses catch on to what he's doing, he won't have his wizard coach there to draw up new plays.

Rodgers just doesn't look right. He takes a hit.

---------- Post added August-13th-2012 at 12:53 PM ----------

Bliz, you have to go with Murray & Jones. Stafford has only had 1 healthy season and giving up a 3rd round pick isn't worth it when you can have an elite RB (McCoy), a solid RB (Murray), and an elite WR (Jones).

Agreed. If you can keep 3, go with those three.

I think Shady takes a hit on his numbers this year. With Peters out, don't see their rushing that good this year. Just a hunch.

Bliz, you have to go with Murray & Jones. Stafford has only had 1 healthy season and giving up a 3rd round pick isn't worth it when you can have an elite RB (McCoy), a solid RB (Murray), and an elite WR (Jones).

To clarify, those numbers are what they would actually cost me this year. So Stafford would be my 4th round pick. BUt I don't think that changes anything.

To clarify, those numbers are what they would actually cost me this year. So Stafford would be my 4th round pick. BUt I don't think that changes anything.

You could still draft Stafford if you want to with a 4th round pick, but there's no way you're getting Murray or Jones in the 7th or 11th rounds.

Is it safe to say Drew Brees is a lock keeper over Ray Rice this year?

10 owner, regular scoring league.

No. To me an elite RB > elite QB. The difference in points between elite RBs and solid RBs is much more drastic compared to the point difference between elite QBs and solid QBs.

I would keep Rice over Brees. I would keep Rice, Foster, & McCoy over any QB this year.

I like fftoolbox.com for some quick stat/reference information.

How are a lot of you viewing Stevan Ridley for NE? He is a possible 6th round keeper for me, though the NE backfield is very unpredictable.

I like Ridley alot. But its hard to tell what Belichick is up to. I don't know if I would keep him, but you could certainly draft him again if he's still there.

I like fftoolbox.com for some quick stat/reference information.

How are a lot of you viewing Stevan Ridley for NE? He is a possible 6th round keeper for me, though the NE backfield is very unpredictable.

I think I'd probably go elsewhere for keepers if I had other options. 6th round sounds about right for him, so why spend a keeper and lock yourself into drafting him if you're not getting good value?

Archived