Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Overreaction begins after Tebow throws practice picks / NYPost.com: Sanchez Outplays Tebow

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8294fbfb/article/overreaction-begins-after-tebow-throws-practice-picks?module=HP11_headline_stack

Oh boy. Maybe it's just because I live in New York and follow so many of the great Jets beat writers, but I read about Tebow's practice struggles about ten times in two minutes. (I also learned that Urban Meyer was in the house watching.) ATL has talked about the dangers of drawing too many conclusions from OTAs, and that notion really applies when we try to draw conclusion from the first 30 minutes of the offseason.

If you think the overreaction is bad now, just wait until training camp or the regular season. (Mark Sanchez knows what we are talking about.)

Soon after the Tebow interception spree breaking news broke, the Jets switched to special teams drills. I then learned ten times that Tebow was heavily involved. We give Rich Cimini credit for the right sarcastic tone in evaluating the move:

UPDATE: Your final Tebow vs. Sanchez Day 1 overreaction stats:

@jennyvrentas

By an unofficial count, Sanchez took 17 snaps in 11-on-11s, 7-for-14 with a TD. Tebow took 9 snaps, 6-for-10. #nyj

Buy that woman a calculator...

From the NY Post:

Sanchez's passes were crisp and he looked in command. He also looked very upbeat during the practice, running to slap hands with receivers after completions. His prettiest ball of the day was a deep pass to rookie Stephen Hill that went for a 75-yard touchdown.

Tebow looked indecisive and his throws were consistently high. He threw back-to-back interceptions during 7-on-7 to linebacker Bart Scott and new safety Yeremiah Bell.

"It's definitely frustrating but it's 7-on-7 and both those plays are the first time I've ran them," Tebow said. I'll learn from it. Honestly, it won't bother me again. When you make a bad play, just put it behind you and move on."

And a bonus blurb...from the NY Post:

Safety LaRon Landry, cornerback Antonio Cromartie and wide receiver Santonio Holmes were not at the OTAs. The OTAs are voluntary.

A team spokesman said Cromartie had left early to be with his family on Memorial Day weekend and Holmes is in Germany visiting U.S. military with a group of players. No reason was given for Landry's absence.

NY Post

Heh heh :cool:...

Adding to the ensuing Tebow/Sanchez insanity, Sanchez's agent made it worse with his tweet...

Brian Murphy ‏@A1Murph

No offense media, but of course Sanchez is going to out perform Tim T. Mark is a franchise quarterback and Tim is a great athlete.

Adding to the ensuing Tebow/Sanchez insanity, Sanchez's agent made it worse with his tweet...

Brian Murphy ‏@A1Murph

No offense media, but of course Sanchez is going to out perform Tim T. Mark is a franchise quarterback and Tim is a great athlete.

Its going to be an interesting year between Sanchez and Tebow. Did someone say QB controversy?

Man don't let a chump like Bayless see that or he'll open up his show with 'Redskins fans worried about RGIII/ Cousins controversy'

Hail.

We now have the opposite problem and we know who starts.

I am still in shock we have the QB of today and tomorrow on the roster right now. It's insane.

I am not a Tebow fan but he is in the first week of learning a new offense. I think he should be given some slack at least until training camp.

But that is New Yorkers for ya.

I see Landry is up to his normal me thing. A legend in his own mind. He does have great potential though. :silly:

LaRoid doing his own thing? Really? Color me shocked!

Can't say it enough, good riddance to that Loser.

This. I can't believe you would sign with a new team in hopes of turning your career around, and then you no show the first team function/practice (voluntary or not).

This. I can't believe you would sign with a new team in hopes of turning your career around, and then you no show the first team function/practice (voluntary or not).

Yeah, it seems he learned a lot from Fat Albert. Get payed without having to do anything. The NFL Welfare System.

It looks like there are former 'skkns fans that have follwed Laronda to the Jets because on GangGreen.com they are making the same pitiful excuses the poor saps made on here.

Man. I'm so glad he is gone.

Archived