Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

League Manager: Enter This Thread & READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD

kiingspadee

Listen up,

League Manager is a great tool and while it is a great tool it does require quite a bit of commitment. There is absolutely NO TRADING, SIGNING OR RELEASING THROUGH THE CONSOLE! Seriously - do not do any of these through the console but ONLY through League Manager.

Why?

This way you can add the amount of years as well as how much you are paying.

When it comes to cuts - guess what your paying the cap hit! However what I am doing with my league is if you want to cut someone I will only require one year of a cap hit.

Trades - I can edit it so there will only be a 1 point cap hit for one year and then will adjust the contracts when the trades go through.

But again this takes COMMITMENT! You need to post and tell me who you are cutting and who you are trading BEFORE DOING ANYTHING! If you do not listen to this part and you go ahead and trade or release someone and say that player has a 5 year 44 point salary....for 5 years you will be paying him. Nothing I can do about it.

I am still deciding if I want to do the simple point scale system or actual salaries (so it will be millions instead of a simple point scale)

Do NOT ask me multiple times why League Manager is not updated. I will update it often.

When you make a move on league manager IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY GO THROUGH ON XBOX! You may have to refresh if you are in the franchise though to have it actually update.

There WILL BE A ROOKIE SCOUTING AS WELL AS THE DRAFT CONSOLE through League Manager. According to developers it is in the testing phase and is NOT READY TO ROLL OUT YET! This means when we do the rookie draft you CAN'T DRAFT ON XBOX! You must draft on LEAGUE MANAGER! The reason for this is LM takes into consideration what draft picks were traded. Also on XBOX it shows everyone's ratings and I do not know yet but I think LM will have ratings hidden.

You MUST maintain your salary cap.

Lavar these below are just rules I went with as it keeps things more fair:

ONLY ONE FREE AGENT SIGNING PER WEEK! Again ONLY ONE free agent signing per week.

If there is an injury of 5+ weeks you can make a signing ONLY TO THAT POSITION to cover it, regardless if you made your ONE FREE AGENT SIGNING!

If week one you made no signing this does NOT mean week two you are able to sign TWO FREE AGENTS!

You CAN cut someone and sign someone in that same position REGARDLESS if you made a free agent signing but it must be WITHIN 9 OVR POINTS! So no cutting a 50 OVR DE for a 89 OVR DE.

League Manager is NOT AN OPTION! You are required to use this. I keep up with LM and frequently check everything as far as free agent signings and everything else. If you break the above rules I will remove the players from your team.

If you have questions about LM ask me. I do not know the answers to everything as this is the first year they have had this, however I have played around with it in two leagues (three if you count the failure ES one) and I have also talked to developers and read up on a lot of the tweaks and features and am pretty knowledgeable.

IF I go with the POINT SCALE SYSTEM they sometimes auto-generate the contract years. So you will have until end of week 6 to tell me what contracts need to be fixed.

What does the above mean?

Say Michael Vick in LM says he has 1 year left on his contract. IRL he signed a 7 year deal. You let me know and I will adjust it.

This is one of the reasons I think I will be going with the actual salaries because as far as I know it does have the contracts all fixed.

FREE AGENT BIDDING:

Free agent bidding is pretty awesome. Through League Manager we will have it so we will bid on free agents in the offseason. Obviously we will set up a time to do free agency and since it is through league manager everyone should be able to make it. The fun part about this is we will get into some crazy bidding wars with high free agents. I also will make it so the highest bidder is hidden - so if you were outbid it will just come up saying there is a higher bidder. There is a tab that will keep an eye on the players you have targeted. There will be a pop up box when you are trying to bid on a free agent that will show your available space and how much is tied up into free agents.

Also as in the real NFL END OF WEEK 6 IS THE TRADE DEADLINE! At that point I will ask Lavar to turn off trade on the XBOX and I will close trading in League Manager.

Any questions?

I used this in the other league.. (You and I were trying to set up a time to play and complained when the week was advanced and the "Commish" acted like a tough guy haha)

Anyway.. A few times I tried to sign a free agent through League Manager and I remember getting a Success! screen but it would never go through. It would say that I wasn't the Owner of the team or something along those lines. Is this something that has been fixed or has there been some issues with League Manager, or is it that the league just straight up sucked? :)

I am a jager drinker not a fan of beer? Why do you ask?

i must buy you a beer for that amazing write up.

im currently in another league and we use league manager.. its pretty cool, but ive had 1 MAJOR problem with it and its signing Free Agents. In the other league we can sign as many as we want at any point and time which is cool. Problem is i cannot sign Free Agents, but everyone else can. I keep getting a error message so i hope this works out for me.

I used this in the other league.. (You and I were trying to set up a time to play and complained when the week was advanced and the "Commish" acted like a tough guy haha)

Anyway.. A few times I tried to sign a free agent through League Manager and I remember getting a Success! screen but it would never go through. It would say that I wasn't the Owner of the team or something along those lines. Is this something that has been fixed or has there been some issues with League Manager, or is it that the league just straight up sucked? :)

Could have been multiple reasons. One could have been because it was a fantasy draft you did not have enough cap space. It could have been you were typing in the wrong easports password/email, could have been that the league just sucked, or it was just an error on the actual website. I have had that before and I had to retry and it went through

---------- Post added October-10th-2011 at 01:07 PM ----------

im currently in another league and we use league manager.. its pretty cool, but ive had 1 MAJOR problem with it and its signing Free Agents. In the other league we can sign as many as we want at any point and time which is cool. Problem is i cannot sign Free Agents, but everyone else can. I keep getting a error message so i hope this works out for me.

Oh I thought it had something to do with my writing like I was drunk or something.

If it is an error as I stated in the post above.

---------- Post added October-10th-2011 at 01:08 PM ----------

Oh also make sure your email/password is correct - not your sign-up one but your EA SPORTS EMAIL AND PASSWORD (go to madden and go to XBOX LIVE and then where you get to where lobbies and so on is. Go to the bottom where settings are and there should be account info)

wait so my account information for my gamertag (email and password) has to be the email i use to sign up to EA sports online and also the same email used to sign up for league manager? If so that may be my problem.

No no. You can register with league manager with whatever you want - but when it asks for your EASPORTS ID that's your easports email/password. I posted above how you can change these.

---------- Post added October-10th-2011 at 01:30 PM ----------

Is League Manager set up yet to join?

No. Need Lavar to make it so I can get the franchise ID # and so on.

---------- Post added October-10th-2011 at 01:33 PM ----------

wait so my account information for my gamertag (email and password) has to be the email i use to sign up to EA sports online and also the same email used to sign up for league manager? If so that may be my problem.

and here let me explain it better.

When you select register on league manager you sign up anyway you like.

You will need your EASPORTS ID AND PASSWORD (go to XBOX LIVE in Madden and go to Settings in the menu where you choose lobbies, online franchise, communities, ect) and get your info there (change if you need to) and keep that info handy. Will need to use that when making moves.

So what happens if, say, Beck goes on the free agent market and i want him so i PM you on here that i want to sign beck to a 1 year contract worth 4 mil....you okay it, i go on here and Lavar has already signed Beck to a deal while i was informing you on here?

No no! Free Agency is you just go out there and sign him. It will give you contract options and you do all that. I won't handle who you sign in free agency as long as you are staying within the rules (one per week and so on)

This may be a dumb question, but I've never used online franchise before, where do I access this League Manager feature?

Not a dumb question at all. As they say there is never a dumb question just dumb people.....lol I am kidding

http://myleaguemanager.net/

At this point just register - Lavar does not have the league up and running yet so there is no way I can get the franchise ID # to have it set up on LM

Not a dumb question at all. As they say there is never a dumb question just dumb people.....lol I am kidding

http://myleaguemanager.net/

At this point just register - Lavar does not have the league up and running yet so there is no way I can get the franchise ID # to have it set up on LM

League will he up and running this evening so ill get you the franchise I'd asap.

League will he up and running this evening so ill get you the franchise I'd asap.

Thanks! Any complaint about the rules that my other league uses (one free agency per week ect)

---------- Post added October-10th-2011 at 03:04 PM ----------

I don't want people signing up in the league with random teams they are not assigned like in generals league. Members will select the team then sign up for the league with that same team lol sounds simple to me but alot of issues last time.

Been trying to find a way to stop this from happening.

Thanks! Any complaint about the rules that my other league uses (one free agency per week ect)

---------- Post added October-10th-2011 at 03:04 PM ----------

Been trying to find a way to stop this from happening.

The updated rules are good to go and I havnt seen any disagreements in the thread. Need to figure out a good advance schedule that is clear and posted along with the rules. I like Thursday 12:01am and Sunday 12:01am. allows 2 a week and the ability to get your games done by the weekend and a few days during the week if needed.

The updated rules are good to go and I havnt seen any disagreements in the thread. Need to figure out a good advance schedule that is clear and posted along with the rules. I like Thursday 12:01am and Sunday 12:01am. allows 2 a week and the ability to get your games done by the weekend and a few days during the week if needed.

I'd suggest Tuesday 12:01 AM and Friday 12:01 AM EST.

Archived