Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Malcolm Kelly interview on Lavar and Dukes

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

Did anybody catch this today around 5:15pm? Kelly kept alluding to something along the lines of "what really went down" and why he hasnt been able to play, and kept making references about how he was going to come clean about it in the next few days. Lavar kept trying to get it out of him but Kelly said he's going to wait a few days and then spill the beans.

He made comments that some people already know the reality of the situation but he wanted to leave it at that. I know hes no longer on the team but it was pretty interesting to hear him say this stuff instead of just saying his injuries kept him off the field. Anybody else hear this interview, or does anyone (or one of our insiders) know what hes talking about?

Wait, someone on Lavar and Dukes made veiled references about a conspiracy against them by the Redskins?

Everyone knows teams just love wasting second round picks so they can play Macchiavellian soap operas behind so many scenes no one knows even the first detail about it.

Ooo more cloak and dagger!

~Bang

I really don't care about what a guy who has played in 5 games in 3 years thinks about anything.

Get real, Malcolm.

What a disaster that draft was.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Whatever bridges Malcolm Kelly wants to burn on the way out (or even just test their flammability), who cares?

lol, dont get me wrong, im sure what hes going to say is probably stretching the truth because hes upset, but i thought it was pretty strange how hes quiet his entire tenure here, he gets cut after 3 blatant injury plagued seasons, and one hour after being let go theres some "behind the scenes" stuff that nobody really knows about that kept him off the field.

Why does Lavar always go after the ex-Redskins?? Trying to get dirt?

I agree, this guy consistently does towards the Redskins. at times I respect him and at other times I think he a complete moron.

Did you happen to catch the Lavar and Chad conversation today around why Dallas has so many Cowboys fans in Mexico? Lavar said- Its because Texas is just south of new mexico. He meant to say Texas borders mexico but was unsure geographically. i have stopped listening to that station. the junkies talk about themsleves and it has gotten old, UnWise Mike stinks, and Chad and Lavar---what a joke.

I listened, and while that part sure was interesting- It wasn't the crux of the interview. And from my twitter feed, it appeared as though Grant Paulsen is the one who set up the interview. Just happened that Kelly was cut during the LD show. Had he been cut in the morning I'm sure he woudl have been on with Wise and Kushner.

It sounded like there was more to the injuries than what can be put on paper, not that there was some conspiracy about all of it. Kind of like filling out a survey and none of the multiple choice answers are 100% correct, so you mark the one that is closest, but still doesn't accurately describe the answer. When guys are hurt, and the team has to submit paperwork to the league, I guess they have to "pick one" so to speak. Well it sounded like that to me. I could be wrong, just my observation.

that said, I do feel bad for the kid. He isn't the only player out of college whose injuries prevented "what could have been". Good luck to him going forward, whatever that may be.

he did say some good things about Shannahan, the fans and his team. So its not like he was trying to trash anyone.

They didn't allow him to stretch before practices, indirectly causing some of the injuries. Sometimes they came in to his room at night during camp and injured him. He said he really wanted to practice with the injuries, but his Mommy said no.

Seriously, how many times do people have to be told to just shut up and move on. Grow up and focus on your future. Stop making excuses and go out and prove yourself to some other team.

lol, dont get me wrong, im sure what hes going to say is probably stretching the truth because hes upset, but i thought it was pretty strange how hes quiet his entire tenure here, he gets cut after 3 blatant injury plagued seasons, and one hour after being let go theres some "behind the scenes" stuff that nobody really knows about that kept him off the field.

besides Moss before this year the Redskins had crap for receivers but that didn't matter what was more important was keeping Kelly off the field at all costs, we would prefer to pay him not to play than play. I wish jerks like Kelly would just go away quietly instead of trashing a team that gave you every opportunity to play kept you even though you got hurt all the time

Just another example that it takes a super ego to be a professional athlete, that's all. Most people look at it as a situation that an NFL team can only keep 53 guys on a roster and Malcolm has had 3 seasons to get healthy. A team can't wait forever. We know the guy WANTS to play, but his body doesn't seem to ALLOW him to. I wish him luck if another team wants to wait a year or 2 to see if his body can handle the NFL, but the sour grapes are silly. Whatever motivates a person, I guess.

Just another example that it takes a super ego to be a professional athlete, that's all. Most people look at it as a situation that an NFL team can only keep 53 guys on a roster and Malcolm has had 3 seasons to get healthy. A team can't wait forever. We know the guy WANTS to play, but his body doesn't seem to ALLOW him to. I wish him luck if another team wants to wait a year or 2 to see if his body can handle the NFL, but the sour grapes are silly. Whatever motivates a person, I guess.

Funny, but that's what most of the quotes so far reported about Kelly say. No sour grapes in any of those statements.

Personally, I think this is just Lavar and Dukes trying to stir things up yet again.

This whole interview was about the fans/media/outsiders who say he doesn't have the heart to play. It wasn't about getting treated badly by the organization.

He came to camp as healthy as he's ever been. Then he got hurt again. He's frustrated about it, but he gets it.

Lavar and Dukes are the 9/11 Truthers of the Redskins! They WILL get to the bottom of this! They will put in the long, hard, and tedious minutes (read seconds) to fabricate a story for this!

I for one, can not wait to learn the "truth" behind this evil dastardly plot whose sole architect is none other then...(cue ominous music)...Justin Bieber! I mean, that's the only way it can be close to the level of ridiculousness that Lavar and Dukes are hoping for, right?

He is probably going to talk about how when he was on IR last year, he was actually healthy but the team wanted to shelf him till next year. He also may say that in camp he was slightly hurt, the team pressured him to play, and hurt himself more.

I listened, and while that part sure was interesting- It wasn't the crux of the interview. And from my twitter feed, it appeared as though Grant Paulsen is the one who set up the interview. Just happened that Kelly was cut during the LD show. Had he been cut in the morning I'm sure he woudl have been on with Wise and Kushner.

It sounded like there was more to the injuries than what can be put on paper, not that there was some conspiracy about all of it. Kind of like filling out a survey and none of the multiple choice answers are 100% correct, so you mark the one that is closest, but still doesn't accurately describe the answer. When guys are hurt, and the team has to submit paperwork to the league, I guess they have to "pick one" so to speak. Well it sounded like that to me. I could be wrong, just my observation.

that said, I do feel bad for the kid. He isn't the only player out of college whose injuries prevented "what could have been". Good luck to him going forward, whatever that may be.

he did say some good things about Shannahan, the fans and his team. So its not like he was trying to trash anyone.

I agree, there was no checkbox for a bruised Uterus.

Archived