Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your ideas to make the Pro-Bowl more competitive.

Commander PK

I have one. Each team in the conference that wins the game, gets an extra home game the following season, against a losing conference opponent.

For the Redskins, this could work this way. In 2011 the Redskins play the Bills and Dolphins away. The NFC just won the Pro-Bowl, so with my rule one of those two games would now be a home game for the Redskins.

Eliminate it. It is pointless.

Your home game thing would never work, because not every team is represented.

The game is pointless. The sport is to violent for the game to ever work. The only, and I mean only, thing that could work is move the Pro-Bowl to kick-off the next season. That would generate hype just like the HOF game does. That to me is the only way it would work.

Why change it at all? It's a all star game and frankly it's not supposed to be competitive. The teams don't want it to be hard fought because they don't want their players injured or risking injury for a game that means nothing to their franchises. It's a celebration game for the players more than the fans. Let them have their fun.

There's, about 256 regular season games, a handful of playoff games, a Superbowl, and even the (56?) pre-season games have significance to bubble players. I can live with the pro-bowl not being significant. It would be nice to have skills competitions though.
Why change it at all? It's a all star game and frankly it's not supposed to be competitive. The teams don't want it to be hard fought because they don't want their players injured or risking injury for a game that means nothing to their franchises. It's a celebration game for the players more than the fans. Let them have their fun.

These, exactly.

Why the hell does it bug so many people that its not a high-quality game? Who the **** cares? So.....don't watch the damn thing. The players are having fun and are basically on vacation, being rewarded for good play throughout the regular season. The fact that its televised shouldn't matter, if you don't like the product.

The players are having fun, and no one's getting hurt. The only thing that could make it better would be to bring back the skills competition...but other than that, people just like to *****.

The ONLY reason to cancel it is if too many players are suffering serious injuries, or if the ratings are bottoming out because nobody cares. but neither of these things is happening. The ratings for this year's Pro Bowl were impressive, so the NFL would be complete morons to cancel it.

i think they should adopt NHL's idea and have a fantasy draft for the teams, then do a skills competition during the game or something.........the play itself is dreadful!

Every play must be a trick play. Also, players have to switch sides of the ball for the game. I wanna see WRs play D on CBs, I wanna see C's try to blow past NTs who are snapping the ball for the first time in their lives. I wanna see LBs throwing passing while QBs play zone D.

Also, each conference must vote in 1 mascot who will play one of the positions.

I don't see what's wrong with it. All of the players are in offseason mode, just came out of playing in 20+ games, they don't need to go destroy themselves playing against "the best" players in a game that is only intended to be a side show. No need to risk injury to players.

I agree with you that playing the game is harmless...assuming the real rightful players are playing in the game. I wish there was a way to enforce that those selected to the Pro Bowl play in it (including Super Bowl players). That's my biggest issue is that you have 10+ stars deciding or being forced to not show up. Granted, having alternates play is almost as good, but it begins to feel watered down.

So, if the game was truly being played with the top players from each conference, I'd be fine with it taking on a bit of an exhibition feel. I don't mind that at all. But when it's second and third alternates in many cases, it just feels forced.

Archived