Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's a keeper?

Burgold

After three games, we can begin to make an assessment. Clearly, this team as constructed ain't Superbowl bound or even playoff ready :mad: There are guys who do and don't have it or don't seem to have it in this system. So, who in your mind is a keeper. Who's a guy that you see on this team for the next few years? It can be someone who isn't there yet, but you see potential in, It can be someone who is outstanding now, or it can be someone who just is the blue colar get it done guy that every team needs.

Here's my list off the top of my head. I'm sure I will miss some.

Offense:

Trent Williams

Donovan McNabb

Chris Cooley

Fred Davis

Jamal Brown

* and maybe Moss. Moss has actually played pretty well this year

Defense

Brian Orakpo

London Fletcher

* and maybe Laron Landry. It's hard for me to feel encouraged about any of our secondary after the past two games. Sure, Landry is a monster at or near the line, but then he's really the fifth linebacker and not a safety.

Special Teams

Gano

*and maybe Thomas. I really like his fight on kick returns. He hasn't broke one yet, but he's really pushing hard.

I know I must be short changing a few, but for the moment those are the guys that I see. Our entire secondary has been a let down. Our linebackers have failed at the run game. Our D linemen aren't getting enough push or pressure. Our wide receivers aren't making enough plays. Our line isn't run blocking well enough... What a phenomenal difference the loss of Williams made!

I think Carriker is a keeper at DE assuming we stay with the 3-4.

Kareem Moore has great balls skills but I was pretty disappointed with his tackling yesterday. The jury is still out on him.

And as much as I love Rocky and would love to see him stay long term, he's not a great fit in the 3-4 at MLB. He needs to be on the outside playing in space.

Archived